Author Topic: Bannon: McConnell won’t be majority leader this time next year  (Read 499 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Bannon: McConnell won’t be majority leader this time next year
« on: November 10, 2017, 02:05:50 pm »
Bannon: McConnell won’t be majority leader this time next year
By Brooke Seipel - 11/10/17 07:13 AM EST

Former White House chief strategist Stephen Bannon says he doesn't expect Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) to be in leadership this time next year.

Asked in an interview with The New York Times if he believes McConnell will be leader this time next year, Bannon responded: "I absolutely do not think he will be majority leader."

"It’s not my personal mission, but it is an objective that I — I have an objective that Mitch McConnell will not be majority leader, and I believe will be done before this time next year," Bannon continued.

more
http://thehill.com/homenews/news/359748-bannon-mcconnell-wont-be-majority-leader-this-time-next-year
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Applewood

Re: Bannon: McConnell won’t be majority leader this time next year
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2017, 02:56:23 pm »
This time next year, Republicans might no longer be in the majority in the senate.  Aren't there a bunch of seats up for grabs in 2018?

And I keep asking this question:  Bannon makes noises about getting rid of the liberal Republicans in both chambers, but who is he going to replace them with?  Who would he push to replace McConnell?

I wouldn't trust that anyone Bannon gets behind would be in our best interests.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2017, 03:29:40 pm »
This time next year, Republicans might no longer be in the majority in the senate.  Aren't there a bunch of seats up for grabs in 2018?

And I keep asking this question:  Bannon makes noises about getting rid of the liberal Republicans in both chambers, but who is he going to replace them with?  Who would he push to replace McConnell?

I wouldn't trust that anyone Bannon gets behind would be in our best interests.

8 GOP and a boat load of Dems. Somehow McConnell will find a way to screw it up.
The Republic is lost.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2017, 03:34:39 pm »
8 GOP and a boat load of Dems. Somehow McConnell will find a way to screw it up.

Already has and will continue to pursue the exact same course!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien