Author Topic: Conservatives, Don’t Dismiss the Sexual Misconduct Claims Against Roy Moore  (Read 2162 times)

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
40 year old stuff like this even if true are still just a well timed political hit.

Read elsewhere that Moore might have been a Democrat at the time. That seems like the perfect response, that I was a young immature member of the opposite party, then I wised up, grew up, and got it together.

That'd probably shut them up.
The Republic is lost.

Online roamer_1

He is about to become U.S. SENATOR Roy Moore from Alabama despite the efforts of the WAPO and the entire Washington establishment!

Yeah that's right. Unless there are unequivocal proofs presented, this will push the whole dang state into 'oh, hell no!' territory. Once them rednecks get to there, nothing on the planet will stop him.

Roll Tide.

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author

"National Review"?   No.  Just no.   

That was my 1st thought when I saw the headline.

I got a relative who uses NRO to argue politics with me, and it's about as much fun as slamming a hand in a car door.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Online roamer_1

That was my 1st thought when I saw the headline.

I got a relative who uses NRO to argue politics with me, and it's about as much fun as slamming a hand in a car door.

That depends entirely upon whose hand you're talking about...

Offline dfwgator

I just wish McConnell put as much effort in going after the Democrats as he is in going after Moore.

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
That depends entirely upon whose hand you're talking about...

:silly:
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline Hoodat

I just wish McConnell put as much effort in going after the Democrats as he is in going after Moore.

Word.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
If Moore did this stuff; it would hurt the GOP seriously. Most of those who are defiant are the independent surrender monkeys who helped Obama be elected. They haven't helped, they haven't helped noble causes, they sit back and complain about everything. They have no skin in the game.

Moore's response to dating teenage girls was "I don't remember but don't dispute it".  Okay, so it is nothing illegal; but most males I think would admit, it would be inappropriate for a man over 30 to be dating teenage girls.  This with Moore would be a bit of a circus, not good for the GOP.

Offline Hoodat

If Moore did this stuff; it would hurt the GOP seriously.

Nowhere near as much as McConnell and McCain have hurt the GOP.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Nowhere near as much as McConnell and McCain have hurt the GOP.

If one wants to say what McConnell and McCain have done is worse than pederasty, have it it. 

By the way, your depiction of Mo Brooks as "fiscal conservative" doesn't jive with the record, he is conservative through and through, socially conservative too.

http://www.ontheissues.org/House/Mo_Brooks.htm

Offline Hoodat

By the way, your depiction of Mo Brooks as "fiscal conservative" doesn't jive with the record

I said that Brooks is an economic Conservative.  Is that not true?