Author Topic: Woman says Roy Moore initiated sexual encounter when she was 14, he was 32  (Read 16615 times)

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Re: Woman says Roy Moore initiated sexual encounter when she was 14, he was 32
« Reply #25 on: November 09, 2017, 08:47:09 pm »
Ya got that right. McConnell and McLame were tripping over each other to get to a CNN camera to call for Moore to resign even if the allegations are not true. Hysterical.

This sheet needs to stop.  I am furious at the GOP for giving credence to this.  They seem to hate Moore as much as they hate Trump.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline SirLinksALot

« Reply #26 on: November 09, 2017, 09:01:15 pm »
NOW she remembers this?

What crap.   9999hair out0000

These things are only "remembered" ( note the quotes) during election or confirmation time, and only if a candidate seems to be gaining momentum. Otherwise, nobody even thinks about it.

REMEMBER Herman Cain? Clarence Thomas?

Standard Operational Procedure.

And yet, someone like Mike Pence gets hell and ridicule for saying he does not dine alone with a woman other than his wife.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2017, 09:02:06 pm by SirLinksALot »

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #27 on: November 09, 2017, 09:05:08 pm »
Did Nucky Thompson bring her to him?
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #28 on: November 09, 2017, 09:19:33 pm »
This sheet needs to stop.  I am furious at the GOP for giving credence to this.  They seem to hate Moore as much as they hate Trump.

They do,  and for the same reason.  He's a threat to the status quo. 

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #29 on: November 09, 2017, 09:39:46 pm »
This isn't good. While he doesn't admit to the 14 year old girl story, he just admitted to a relationship with an under age girl. Emphasis, IF TRUE..

http://polipace.com/2017/11/09/roy-moore-admits-relationship-high-school-girl-prosecutor/

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #30 on: November 09, 2017, 09:40:11 pm »

You people must REALLY fear Roy Moore to try and smear him with stuff that allegedly occurred 36 years ago!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #31 on: November 09, 2017, 09:41:22 pm »

They do,  and for the same reason.  He's a threat to the status quo.

B I N G O ! ! !

They GREATLY fear his coming to Washington and schooling them on the Constitution!
« Last Edit: November 09, 2017, 10:00:33 pm by Bigun »

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #32 on: November 09, 2017, 09:51:58 pm »
This isn't good. While he doesn't admit to the 14 year old girl story, he just admitted to a relationship with an under age girl. Emphasis, IF TRUE..

http://polipace.com/2017/11/09/roy-moore-admits-relationship-high-school-girl-prosecutor/

While denying the 14 year old story, he does admit that he had relationships and went on dates with someone as young as 17 while a prosecutor but that it was consensual.

**nononono*

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #33 on: November 09, 2017, 09:56:59 pm »
While denying the 14 year old story, he does admit that he had relationships and went on dates with someone as young as 17 while a prosecutor but that it was consensual.

**nononono*
From someone who is in his early 30s... let me say: this past summer, I was involved in theater and found myself friendly with a couple of 17-year-olds. If I had done that as a younger man I'd've seriously considered pursuing something more serious—I didn't, since I felt like it was a little too far outside what would be seemly. Considering the age of consent is 16 or 17 in most places, it might be a little unseemly, but not illegal.

Besides, once you get to this age, the women closer to your age, well, there's not much left.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2017, 10:03:22 pm by jmyrlefuller »
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #34 on: November 09, 2017, 10:01:47 pm »
Woman says Roy Moore initiated sexual encounter when she was 14, he was 32

Woman is a liar.   
‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline ABX

« Reply #35 on: November 09, 2017, 10:01:59 pm »
From someone who is in his early 30s... let me say: this past summer, I was involved in theater and found myself friendly with a couple of 17-year-olds. If I had done that as a younger man I'd've seriously considered pursuing something more serious—I didn't, since I felt like it was a little too far outside what would be seemly. (A couple of my co-stars ended up dating them instead.) Considering the age of consent is 16 or 17 in most places, it might be a little unseemly, but not illegal.

Besides, once you get to this age, the women closer to your age, well, there's not much left.

Being he worked for the government as a prosecutor at the time, it may have been illegal (not rape illegal but improper relationship illegal). See the link I posted.

Offline ABX

« Reply #36 on: November 09, 2017, 10:04:23 pm »

Woman is a liar.

Why assume so? He admitted to relationships with other high school girls today just a few years older? If his name was Weinstein, we automatically believe it, and Weinstein didnt even admit to anything yet. Moore just did. Now it is just the difference in a couple if years of age of the girl. 17 versus 14.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #37 on: November 09, 2017, 10:06:04 pm »
Why assume so? He admitted to relationships with other high school girls today just a few years older? If his name was Weinstein, we automatically believe it, and Weinstein didnt even admit to anything yet. Moore just did. Now it is just the difference in a couple if years of age of the girl. 17 versus 14.

Why assume it's true?  WHY are all these alleged Conservatives SO VERY fearful of a real one?

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline ABX

« Reply #38 on: November 09, 2017, 10:11:41 pm »
Why assume it's true?  WHY are all these alleged Conservatives SO VERY fearful of a real one?

Because he just admitted to other relationships with under age girls.

If he was silent, we could at least think this was a Cain type smear. But he pulled the... "well I did have relationships with other High School girls, but they were 17..."

Stupid, stupid, stupid... and it gets worse....

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #39 on: November 09, 2017, 10:14:29 pm »
Why assume so?

Because one does not wait until someone is on the cusp of winning a US Senate seat to make such allegations unless one is a deliberate liar. 

No 11th hour accusations will be accepted so far as I'm concerned. 

This has "swamp deep state"  all over it. 

— Lord Melbourne —

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #40 on: November 09, 2017, 10:16:30 pm »
Because he just admitted to other relationships with under age girls.

17 is not "under age."    The age of consent in Alabama is 16.   

And it doesn't sound like it even got that far.   Much ado about nothing. 

— Lord Melbourne —

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #41 on: November 09, 2017, 10:17:42 pm »
One gets you into an R-rated movie and allows you to drive a car. The other doesn't. There is a HUGE difference between 14 and 17, one that a guy who was a prosecutor at the time would know quite well.

Now, why do I believe the Weinstein allegations but not so much the Moore ones? Here's a few:
- If Weinstein is disgraced, no one really gains from that. Politicians have plenty to gain from taking someone out.
- Democrats have done this before: Todd Akin and Christine O'Donnell were both blindsided with attacks less than a week after the election and after it was too late to remove them from the ballot. There are also parallels to the Herman Cain fiasco, which I don't believe was ever proven.

Seldom do these kinds of attacks ever happen in a primary. Other than Cain, who was still close to the lead when he dropped out of the race, Carl Paladino's NY governor run in 2010 and Trump's Presidential primary run in 2016 are the only times I can recall. Paladino won the primary; Trump won the primary and the general. This was specifically timed to inflict the most possible damage to the Republican Party.
- This plays directly into the negative stereotypes of Christians put forth by the alphabet soup lobby, the accusations of being seedy hypocrites. That lobby is emboldened right now after they took out Bob Marshall in the VA Assembly race last night. They're out for blood, and they consider Moore a sworn enemy.
- Given that pretty much everyone's being accused of sexual deviancy lately, there's a strong possibility of there being a bandwagon effect going on. Couple that with the current feminist mindset that a woman must always be believed, and you have the makings of a deadly political weapon.

I don't totally rule it out, but I am very skeptical of these claims.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2017, 10:19:40 pm by jmyrlefuller »

Online kevindavis007

« Reply #42 on: November 09, 2017, 10:18:15 pm »
Also here is what I'm seeing:

Roy Moore's accuser consistently recounted her story in 6 interviews

Voted Republican in last 3 elections, including for Trump

2 childhood friend's confirm she told them about relationship w/ older man

Court records verify her timeline
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Online Hoodat

« Reply #43 on: November 09, 2017, 10:19:37 pm »
He struck up a conversation, Corfman and her mother say, and offered to watch the girl while her mother went inside for a child custody hearing.

“He said, ‘Oh, you don’t want her to go in there and hear all that. I’ll stay out here with her,’ ” says Corfman’s mother, Nancy Wells, 71. “I thought, how nice for him to want to take care of my little girl.”

Anyone else here see a problem with this?  The mother goes into court for a child custody hearing, and leaves her child outside in the custody of a complete stranger?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline ABX

« Reply #44 on: November 09, 2017, 10:19:43 pm »

17 is not "under age."    The age of consent in Alabama is 16.   

And it doesn't sound like it even got that far.   Much ado about nothing.

It is if he works for the government (which he did). Falls under inappropriate relationship law. See other link I posted.

Plus, he just opened the door to doubt for voters.... if he admits so quickly to dating high school girls while he is in his 30s (creep factor) what is he holding back?

We are at the time of Weinstein and his ilk all over the headlines. His admission plants him right in that cycle. 

Offline Meldrew

« Reply #45 on: November 09, 2017, 10:20:54 pm »
All this angst about Moore while at the same time Harvard hosts an anal sex symposium, transgenderism is the new protected class, the Palm Beach city council is 100% homosexual and it's OK for a grown men to pee with little girls in their bathroom.

Sure would be helpful if these progressive assclowns would make some rules and stick to them. I just can't keep up anymore.  I'm lucky I don't have to.  Gonna go hug my wife now...

Offline ABX

« Reply #46 on: November 09, 2017, 10:21:06 pm »

Add, he just admitted to relationships with other high school girls while he was in his 30s, just not that young.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #47 on: November 09, 2017, 10:23:24 pm »
And here's why I think it's untrue:

So she followed a script. That doesn't prove much.

If that's true, then as a Republican-leaning candidate, why did she not come out during the primary instead of right when the Democrats would have the most to gain?

Tabloid-level gossip.

What court records (and shouldn't they be sealed) would have that kind of information?

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #48 on: November 09, 2017, 10:23:46 pm »
Folks, this sounds like "Anita Hill, the 2017 version" ...

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #49 on: November 09, 2017, 10:24:51 pm »
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_G._Schmitz#Extramarital_affair_and_fall-out

John Schmitz ran for President, and held himself out to be a conservative religious paragon of virtue.

What finished his career, was the fact he was a two-faced liar, fraud, hypocrite and more.

Just for the record. Can you say Judge Moore is politically finito, done, bye bye, adios ?
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln