Author Topic: Saudi king to relinquish throne to son within next two nights: Report  (Read 638 times)

Offline thackney

Saudi king to relinquish throne to son within next two nights: Report
http://www.presstv.com/Detail/2017/11/09/541533/Saudi-Arabia-king-crown-prince

Saudi King Salman reportedly plans to relinquish power in favor of his son, Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman, who has recently launched a self-promotion campaign under the cover of tackling high-level corruption.

Rai al-Youm, an Arab world digital news and opinion website, reported on Wednesday that the king will announce the decision within “the next two nights.”

Earlier on Wednesday, Saudi-owned television news channel Al-Arabiya had announced the news in a Twitter message, but it retracted the post hours later.

Political analysts say the regime in Riyadh is apparently seeking to test the waters and examine public reaction regarding a surprise shift in power....
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline thackney

Re: Saudi king to relinquish throne to son within next two nights: Report
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2017, 02:37:02 pm »
Saudi Arabia's crown prince is making a lot of enemies
http://www.cnn.com/2017/11/07/opinions/saudi-prince-enemies-opinion-ghitis/index.html

audi Arabia's Prince Mohammed bin Salman, first in line to inherit the throne from his 81-year-old father, is not a patient man. The 32-year-old is driving a frenetic pace of change in pursuit of three goals: securing his hold on power, transforming Saudi Arabia into a very different country, and pushing back against Iran.

In the two years since his father ascended the throne, this favorite son of King Salman bin Abdulaziz has been spectacularly successful at achieving the first item on his agenda. He has become so powerful so fast that observers can hardly believe how brazenly he is dismantling the old sedate system of family consensus, shared privilege and rigid ultraconservatism.
In the process, however, MBS, as the crown prince is known, is making a lot of enemies.

To put it in poker terms, the prince is, quite plainly, all in. He will either sweep the table, winning it all and becoming the all-powerful, transformative ruler of the desert kingdom, or fail spectacularly, with unforeseeable consequences for the region....
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2017, 02:57:11 pm »
The prince's success or failure will impact the direction of the world in a major way.

I wish him well.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2017, 03:42:34 pm »
The prince's success or failure will impact the direction of the world in a major way.

I wish him well.

:amen:  :amen: and  :amen:
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2017, 03:52:28 pm »

I wish him well.

Mega dittos!   :thumbsup2:

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2017, 04:25:13 pm »
Bookmark.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2017, 01:20:42 am »
The "sands may be shifting" in Saudi Arabia.
But... when the shiftin' is over and done... it's still gonna be the same old sand:
islam -- the enemy of freedom.