Author Topic: Rand Paul is not a perfect neighbor, says community developer  (Read 1482 times)

Offline musiclady

Re: Rand Paul is not a perfect neighbor, says community developer
« Reply #25 on: November 08, 2017, 07:09:52 pm »
I was responding to a post that stated:

Oops!  Sorry about that! 
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline thackney

« Reply #26 on: November 08, 2017, 07:10:45 pm »
As for the right to bear arms in DC, I'm sure some people have that right, including congress persons.

By the way, they don't have that right, but have considered trying to get it without allowing it for everyone else.

http://www.wnd.com/2017/06/congress-members-want-to-carry-firearm-in-d-c/

...Among the proposals is permitting members who are allowed to conceal carry a weapon in their home state to carry while they are in the nation’s capital.

Rep. Louis Gohmert, R-Texas, favors the reciprocity proposal, his chief of staff, Connie Hair told WND, as does Rep. Barry Loudermilk, R-Ga.

Guns are banned from the Capitol complex, and the District of Columbia has strict gun laws, but that could change in the aftermath of the shooting spree Wednesday by a Bernie Sanders supporter in which House Majority Whip Rep. Steve Scalise, a congressional aide, a lobbyist and two Capitol Hill Police officers were wounded...
« Last Edit: November 08, 2017, 07:26:59 pm by thackney »
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #27 on: November 08, 2017, 09:40:35 pm »

By the way, they don't have that right, but have considered trying to get it without allowing it for everyone else.

http://www.wnd.com/2017/06/congress-members-want-to-carry-firearm-in-d-c/

...Among the proposals is permitting members who are allowed to conceal carry a weapon in their home state to carry while they are in the nation’s capital.

Rep. Louis Gohmert, R-Texas, favors the reciprocity proposal, his chief of staff, Connie Hair told WND, as does Rep. Barry Loudermilk, R-Ga.

Guns are banned from the Capitol complex, and the District of Columbia has strict gun laws, but that could change in the aftermath of the shooting spree Wednesday by a Bernie Sanders supporter in which House Majority Whip Rep. Steve Scalise, a congressional aide, a lobbyist and two Capitol Hill Police officers were wounded...

Don't need a gun:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AU-paVv6zTk

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #28 on: November 08, 2017, 10:02:38 pm »
Paul is a bad neighbor because he believes in property rights and doesn't march in lockstep with a bunch of property nazis.  Paul needs to sell, buy property somewhere without 19 pages of restrictions and enjoy his home.

You do understand when a buyer purchases property is such a community (common interests,, rule etc.) they FREELY agree to same? And they sign to affirm that understanding and agreement.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #29 on: November 08, 2017, 10:07:57 pm »
Paul screwed up. Never buy a home where there is a homeowner's association.

There are hundreds, thousands of such communities that work fine.

Sometimes an oddball comes along, that signed to purchase a property with full disclosure, eyes wide open, but thinks the rules don't apply to them.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #30 on: November 09, 2017, 12:10:02 am »
Except for the rabid leftist who attacked him, Paul's neighbors love him. Hmmm.
... His lawyer said that politics played no part and it has been suggested that the two verbally tussled over lawn clippings, leaving the impression that the Republican Kentucky senator was a negligent landscaper.

But seven neighbors in the Rivergreen gated community told Secrets Wednesday that the Pauls are friendly homeowners who kept their property tidy.

“The Paul’s landscaping looks just like everyone’s place in Rivergreen. Wish I could get him to cut my lawn,” said neighbor Robert Warner. “As a friend, neighbor and senator, Rand has been first class in every way. What I find amazing is the fact that he cuts his own grass. Our neighborhood is fortunate that the Paul’s live here,” he added.  ...
Washington Examiner
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline musiclady

« Reply #31 on: November 09, 2017, 12:14:49 am »
Except for the rabid leftist who attacked him, Paul's neighbors love him. Hmmm.Washington Examiner

Why is that not surprising.

A guy who breaks 6 ribs and deflates the lungs of another guy mowing his lawn is not doing so because of grass clippings.

He's yet another unhinged leftist with a lawyer making stupid excuses for his bad behavior.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline ConservativeGranny

« Reply #32 on: November 09, 2017, 02:32:27 am »
Paul had a choice whether to build there with a HOA or somewhere else. He entered the agreement freely. If he wants total control over his property he should have bought somewhere else.

There are pros and cons to HOA but some people like to have them. I've lived both in the country where it was a free for all and under two HOA. I prefer the HOA. Remember that if you want total control over what you can do on your property that will apply to your closet neighbors as well. If they want to build a dirt bike track in front of your property they will. If they want to keep pit bulls running loose that chase you and attack you they will. If they want to turn their yard into a junk yard with rusty abandoned vehicles, tires and other garbage they will.  And when you try to sell your property and prospective buyers see the horror across the road it will affect the value of your property. That is the trade off for living "free".

I prefer living in a place where dogs cannot run free, no one can put a dirt bike track in front of my house and everything looks neat and tidy. I am assured that something the neighbor does will not affect the value of my property. There is nothing more irritating than people that knowingly buy into a property with a HOA and then want to change the rules or not obey them because "they have rights".  And they usually do not respect the fact that a HOA is the reason why some of their neighbors bought their homes in that location in the first place.

What Paul's neighbor did was inexcusable and he should be prosecuted to the full extent of the law. Rand has very Libertarian leanings and I can fully see him not liking the control that a HOA has. But he made that choice. I haven't heard it said that he hasn't been following the HOA rules. Just that he doesn't like them.