Author Topic: Rand Paul is not a perfect neighbor, says community developer  (Read 1483 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Rand Paul is not a perfect neighbor, says community developer
« on: November 08, 2017, 02:28:27 pm »
Rand Paul is not a perfect neighbor, says community developer
USA Today NetworkThomas Novelly, The (Louisville) Courier Journal Published 4:43 p.m. ET Nov. 7, 2017 | Updated 6:14 p.m. ET Nov. 7, 2017

LOUISVILLE — The history between U.S. Sen. Rand Paul and his neighbor, who is accused of attacking him, is filled with years of angst and petty arguments over misplaced lawn trimmings and branches, the neighborhood's developer said.

"I think this is something that has been festering," said Jim Skaggs, the developer of the Rivergreen gated community in Bowling Green, where the two men live. "I wanted to build a place where everyone could get along, but I guess that's just impossible."

more
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2017/11/07/rand-paul-not-perfect-neighbor-says-community-developer/841622001/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Frank Cannon

Re: Rand Paul is not a perfect neighbor, says community developer
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2017, 02:37:52 pm »
Oh. Well then Paul deserved to be viciously attacked on his lawn then.

BTW when you get past this crank who whines about how difficult Paul was when he built his house years ago, we actually get to someone who knows Paul personally.....

But Rob Porter, a 20-year friend of the senator, said he had never even heard of Boucher before.

"When I saw Rand after the incident, he even acknowledged that he hadn't talked to Boucher in years," Porter said. "If there was some kind of ongoing rift, i wasn't aware of it and Rand didn't act like he was aware of it."

Well. Doesn't sound like Paul was a bad neighbor after all.

Offline ConstitutionRose

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2017, 03:00:27 pm »

BTW when you get past this crank who whines about how difficult Paul was when he built his house years ago, we actually get to someone who knows Paul personally.....

But Rob Porter, a 20-year friend of the senator, said he had never even heard of Boucher before.

"When I saw Rand after the incident, he even acknowledged that he hadn't talked to Boucher in years," Porter said. "If there was some kind of ongoing rift, i wasn't aware of it and Rand didn't act like he was aware of it."

Paul is a bad neighbor because he believes in property rights and doesn't march in lockstep with a bunch of property nazis.  Paul needs to sell, buy property somewhere without 19 pages of restrictions and enjoy his home.
"Old man can't is dead.  I helped bury him."  Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas quoting his grandfather.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2017, 03:08:30 pm »
"Gated community", so though, it didn't save Senator Paul from this attack, perhaps for a Senator, it's still a secure environment. I would gather that Senators need some measurement of security rather than just living in an ordinary neighborhood.

Paul "was probably the hardest person to encourage to follow the (homeowner's association regulations) of anyone out here because he has a strong belief in property rights," said Skaggs, who is the former chairman of the Warren County Republican Party.

Either compromise or leave there, an unfortunate incident.  He's been there for 17 years per the article.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2017, 03:09:41 pm »
Like a good neighbor, State Farm will blindside you over something petty and break multiple ribs.

Somehow, that just doesn’t have the same appeal.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2017, 03:17:25 pm »

The MSM wouldn't have any interest in making sure no one views this attack as politically motivated, would they?

But they sure do seem to be working hard to make certain of that.

Offline thackney

« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2017, 03:19:00 pm »
I would gather that Senators need some measurement of security rather than just living in an ordinary neighborhood.

No.  They need to be normal citizens and subjected to the same limitation of protection the rest of us live with.  It would help keep them from taking away more of our rights.
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline TomSea

« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2017, 03:26:46 pm »
No.  They need to be normal citizens and subjected to the same limitation of protection the rest of us live with.  It would help keep them from taking away more of our rights.

Anyone who is well known may need more protection, that means Troy Aikman, Justin Verlander, Taylor Swift. They are more likely to be targets from some crazy.

Offline endicom

« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2017, 03:30:25 pm »

A prickly fellow.

Offline jpsb

« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2017, 03:30:40 pm »
Paul screwed up. Never buy a home where there is a homeowner's association.

Offline thackney

« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2017, 03:31:39 pm »
Anyone who is well known may need more protection, that means Troy Aikman, Justin Verlander, Taylor Swift. They are more likely to be targets from some crazy.

We will have to disagree it is a taxpayer responsibility to guard these people in their private life.

Offline edpc

« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2017, 03:34:01 pm »
We will have to disagree it is a taxpayer responsibility to guard these people in their private life.

Only leadership gets a detail.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2017, 03:36:09 pm »

Show me where I said anything about taxpayer expense or is this another episode of "look at me, I'm a real conservative', your statement is an out an out falsehood to put it politely.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2017, 03:36:17 pm »
Paul screwed up. Never buy a home where there is a homeowner's association.

yep
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline thackney

« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2017, 03:36:44 pm »
Only leadership gets a detail.

I'm okay with that level having protection.  Effective chain of command needs to be in place.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2017, 03:44:34 pm »
Senator Paul has lived at that community for 17 years, he has done that on his own volition,  it incurs no tax-payer expense.  Clearly, this includes a number of years before he was a Senator.

Should congressional members have some sort of protection to stop incidences like the shooting of Representative Scalise? Yes, within reasonable limits.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2017, 03:49:14 pm »

QFT
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #17 on: November 08, 2017, 03:52:46 pm »
The MSM wouldn't have any interest in making sure no one views this attack as politically motivated, would they?

But they sure do seem to be working hard to make certain of that.

I agree!
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline thackney

« Reply #18 on: November 08, 2017, 04:07:28 pm »
Should congressional members have some sort of protection to stop incidences like the shooting of Representative Scalise? Yes, within reasonable limits.

Like the right of all citizens, they should have the right to carry weapons for protection.  Which DC forbids.

Offline kidd

« Reply #19 on: November 08, 2017, 06:07:42 pm »
While there's no official word on what caused the fight, Skaggs suggested it might have stemmed from Paul allegedly blowing lawn trimmings into his neighbor's yard.

Lawn trimmings in Boucher's yard => An assault from behind resulting in five broken ribs for Senator Paul

Jim Skaggs is a major league douchebag for saying that Rand Paul is "not a perfect neighbor"

Offline edpc

« Reply #20 on: November 08, 2017, 06:14:20 pm »
Lawn trimmings in Boucher's yard => An assault from behind resulting in five broken ribs for Senator Paul

Which is why there’s probably more to the story.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2017, 06:14:49 pm by edpc »

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #21 on: November 08, 2017, 06:29:35 pm »
Wow what a surprise, a perfectly timed cardboard prop pops up speaking to the media against Paul.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2017, 06:29:51 pm by Free Vulcan »
The Republic is lost.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #22 on: November 08, 2017, 07:06:50 pm »
Like the right of all citizens, they should have the right to carry weapons for protection.  Which DC forbids.

Except that this took place in KY, did it not?

And I'm sorry, but a weapon wouldn't have protected Paul from a crazed liberal neighbor who tackled him from behind.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #23 on: November 08, 2017, 07:07:34 pm »

If one is talking about the baseball game, security may have been arranged by the Sergeant at Arms, if this really troubles someone so much, they could write their congressman to have that office abolished, it has been around since 1807. Sergeant of Arms has jurisdiction over the capital grounds, I'm sure some sort of federal security is involved if a number of congress people get together for a charitable fundraising baseball game. The situation in question may have been a practice but it may still apply.

As for the right to bear arms in DC, I'm sure some people have that right, including congress persons. There might be Federal law overriding it but being tackled while mowing one's lawn in Kentucky probably would not be that deeply affected by such law. In fact, Paul likely had the right to carry at that point.

Offline thackney

« Reply #24 on: November 08, 2017, 07:08:55 pm »
Except that this took place in KY, did it not?

And I'm sorry, but a weapon wouldn't have protected Paul from a crazed liberal neighbor who tackled him from behind.

I was responding to a post that stated: 
stop incidences like the shooting of Representative Scalise