Author Topic: Tom Perez: Dems won Tuesday by running 'sane' candidates  (Read 394 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Tom Perez: Dems won Tuesday by running 'sane' candidates
« on: November 08, 2017, 01:40:35 pm »

by Pete Kasperowicz | Nov 8, 2017, 8:22 AM

Democratic National Committee Chairman Tom Perez argued Wednesday that Democrats swept a series of elections on Tuesday night because their candidates ran against President Trump's policies with "sane" candidates.

"They want leaders they can be proud of, and that's why people like Phil Murphy and Ralph Northam were able to win because they're sane," Perez told MSNBC. "They're people who are speaking to the issues that people care about."

Murphy won the New Jersey governor's seat on Tuesday, and Northam won the governor's seat in Virginia. Democrats also won smaller races around the country, and Perez said it revealed an anti-Trump streak.

more
http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/tom-perez-dems-won-tuesday-by-running-sane-candidates/article/2640000
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
Re: Tom Perez: Dems won Tuesday by running 'sane' candidates
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2017, 01:46:05 pm »
So is Perez's implication that the typical Dem "leaders" these days aren't quite "sane",  for favoring things like crippling the job market with a $15 minimum wage and flouting the rule of law by defending sanctuary cities? 

I understand Perez's point, but still question whether his definition of sanity includes unabashed fear-mongering and race-baiting.   
« Last Edit: November 08, 2017, 01:46:43 pm by Jazzhead »
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline LMAO

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2017, 01:54:33 pm »
If states want to expand Medicaid or increase the minimum wage, they are free to do so but they then shouldn't demand other states rescue them from their bad economic decisions
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2017, 12:04:05 am »

That explains why their 2016 Presidential candidate lost.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2017, 01:14:32 pm »
Virginia elected a "transgender" Dem candidate to their state legislature. In Minneapolis two "transgender" Dem candidates were elected to the city council.  By  the opinion of many experts in the medical and psychiatric field, there is no such thing as
 a "transgender" person.  These people, "transgenders," are mentally ill.
So the Dems are now electing outwardly mentally disturbed people.  They already have the lock on  mentally disturbed voters by the accounts of the people physically attacking Pubbie pols.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2017, 01:22:29 pm »
 *****rollingeyes*****
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide