Author Topic: Killer celebrated with Sutherland Springs churchgoers five days before the bloody rampage  (Read 930 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Killer celebrated with Sutherland Springs churchgoers five days before the bloody rampage

Jeremy Wallace, Houston Chronicle Updated 2:16 pm, Tuesday, November 7, 2017

SUTHERLAND SPRINGS -- Just days before the killer opened fire killing 26 church goers he walked among them.

Five days before he would gun dozens of people down, Devin Patrick Kelley showed up at the First Baptist Church of Sutherland Springs with his children for an annual fall festival. His appearance was unexpected because of the past family troubles, but people who saw him there thought it was a sign he was turning a corner.

"And they thought, 'oh this is good. This is progress,'" said Tambria Read, a longtime resident of Sutherland Springs who is good friends with Kelley's mother-in-law, the woman Kelley is said to have been targeting on Sunday but was not at church that morning.

more
http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/houston-texas/article/Killer-celebrated-with-churchgoers-five-days-12338824.php?ipid=brkbar
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
Killer celebrated with Sutherland Springs churchgoers five days before the bloody rampage

Jeremy Wallace, Houston Chronicle Updated 2:16 pm, Tuesday, November 7, 2017

SUTHERLAND SPRINGS -- Just days before the killer opened fire killing 26 church goers he walked among them.

Five days before he would gun dozens of people down, Devin Patrick Kelley showed up at the First Baptist Church of Sutherland Springs with his children for an annual fall festival. His appearance was unexpected because of the past family troubles, but people who saw him there thought it was a sign he was turning a corner.

"And they thought, 'oh this is good. This is progress,'" said Tambria Read, a longtime resident of Sutherland Springs who is good friends with Kelley's mother-in-law, the woman Kelley is said to have been targeting on Sunday but was not at church that morning.

more
http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/houston-texas/article/Killer-celebrated-with-churchgoers-five-days-12338824.php?ipid=brkbar

DPS was asked about this at presser and he said, "we don't have that information." Incredible to me that shooter had custody of children and where is the wife? I'm sure we'll learn more as investigation continues.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline RoosGirl

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

Offline austingirl

This story was finally up on the local news website. I had a hard time believing that he has children in his custody-or even that he had children. I didn't know that he had reproduced. The fractured skull was on his poor stepson. We have heard nothing about the mother of these children- Danielle Shields. They call Michelle Shields his ex-MIL so I guess they are divorced. But where is Danielle Shields? He was living in an apartment in a converted barn on his parents two acre $800,000 property outside New Braunfels. Were his children living there?

He hunted down children in the church and shot them point-blank. Monster doesn't begin to describe him.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Something to bear in mind, let's say these people knew Kelley was mentally off, through charity, they might still let him be with them, help such people out. I've heard of such cases and maybe as was alluded to here already, being mentally ill does not mean being a dangerous person.

Offline austingirl

Something to bear in mind, let's say these people knew Kelley was mentally off, through charity, they might still let him be with them, help such people out. I've heard of such cases and maybe as was alluded to here already, being mentally ill does not mean being a dangerous person.
The shooter had amply demonstrated his dangerousness by choking and holding a gun on his first wife, fracturing the skull of her infant, sneaking guns onto the Holloman airbase, threatening to kill his military superiors, harming a helpless puppy, sexual assault, all before the massacre.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Recon

Yep.  He was trying to ascertain whether his ex and ex-MIL were likely to be at church that morning.

As for having children in tow, it's likely he had visitation rights.  The civilian courts had been kept in the dark about this lunatic's status as a domestic abuser, so he was probably granted visitation, maybe even joint custody.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Suppressed

This story was finally up on the local news website. I had a hard time believing that he has children in his custody-or even that he had children. I didn't know that he had reproduced. The fractured skull was on his poor stepson. We have heard nothing about the mother of these children- Danielle Shields. They call Michelle Shields his ex-MIL so I guess they are divorced. But where is Danielle Shields? He was living in an apartment in a converted barn on his parents two acre $800,000 property outside New Braunfels. Were his children living there?

He hunted down children in the church and shot them point-blank. Monster doesn't begin to describe him.
@austingirl
From what I can gather...

He got married (Tessa Kelley) in 2011 and divorced in 2012.

He then got remarried, to Danielle Lee Shields in 2014.  The status of that marriage at the time of his death is unclear.  Some may be saying "Ex-wife" because of his death; I haven't found anything definitive saying that he was divorced from her for sure.

Sources
http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/local/article/Suspected-church-shooter-grew-up-in-New-12334947.php?ipid=brkbar
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/devin-patrick-kelley-texas-shooting-suspect-sutherland-springs-first-baptist-church-latest/
https://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/texas-church-shooting/who-devin-kelley-alleged-texas-church-shooter-n817806

+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline austingirl

@austingirl
From what I can gather...

He got married (Tessa Kelley) in 2011 and divorced in 2012.

He then got remarried, to Danielle Lee Shields in 2014.  The status of that marriage at the time of his death is unclear.  Some may be saying "Ex-wife" because of his death; I haven't found anything definitive saying that he was divorced from her for sure.

Sources
http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/local/article/Suspected-church-shooter-grew-up-in-New-12334947.php?ipid=brkbar
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/devin-patrick-kelley-texas-shooting-suspect-sutherland-springs-first-baptist-church-latest/
https://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/texas-church-shooting/who-devin-kelley-alleged-texas-church-shooter-n817806

@Suppressed

I can't find anything about her from local sources, so, yes, status of second marriage is unclear. It just boggles my mind that he had children with him a few days ago. Watching the local news. They have some lovely "comfort" dogs on site.