Author Topic: A must-win for Dems in Virginia  (Read 8694 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
A must-win for Dems in Virginia
« on: November 07, 2017, 03:54:10 pm »
A must-win for Dems in Virginia
By Lisa Hagen and Ben Kamisar - 11/07/17 06:00 AM EST

The stakes are high in Virginia on Election Day as Democrats seek to fend off what would be a devastating defeat in the governor’s race.

The race has become a fierce battle in its final month, as polls show Republican Ed Gillespie gaining on Democrat Ralph Northam.

A Democratic victory in Virginia would give the party its first major electoral win since President Trump took office, an opportunity to build much-needed momentum as the party aims to retake the House majority in next year’s midterm elections.

more
http://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/359055-a-must-win-for-dems-in-virginia
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Frank Cannon

Re: A must-win for Dems in Virginia
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2017, 04:00:18 pm »
A Democratic victory in Virginia would give the party its first major electoral win since President Trump took office

Since when did holding a seat become a major electoral win?

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2017, 04:05:14 pm »

Ever since War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength, and Democrats are Patriots.  It's an Ingsoc thing.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2017, 04:29:00 pm »
Ever since War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength, and Democrats are Patriots.  It's an Ingsoc thing.

That TV ad put out by Northam was one of the worst things I've ever seen.

For that alone, if nothing else, I hope he's defeated.  I don't think it was his idea but his agreeing to it is indicative of where his party loyalties lie.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2017, 04:32:21 pm »
A Democratic victory in Virginia would give the party its first major electoral win since President Trump took office

Hah!  Way to go, Frank.  Maybe a symbolic major win?

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2017, 04:40:08 pm »
That TV ad put out by Northam was one of the worst things I've ever seen.

The ad:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YqxrYbdU7_Y
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2017, 04:43:26 pm »
Hah!  Way to go, Frank.  Maybe a symbolic major win?

It sure is symbolic. Symbolic of how weak their party is.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2017, 04:58:46 pm »
And at noon in the Northern Virginia-D.C. Region on Election Day, it's a bone-chilling 42 degrees and raining. 

Snowflakes hate rain.   :laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2017, 04:59:11 pm »
The ad:

Thanks for posting, Hoodat.  I won't watch it again but anybody who watches it will be sickened that Northam agreed to have it shown in his name.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2017, 05:00:31 pm »
And at noon in the Northern Virginia-D.C. Region on Election Day, it's a bone-chilling 42 degrees and raining. 

Me, too.  Especially rain and 42 degrees.  But I would put on my raincoat and vote if I were there.  The more democrats we can get out of office, the better off we'll be.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2017, 05:01:34 pm »
Me, too.  Especially rain and 42 degrees.  But I would put on my raincoat and vote if I were there.  The more democrats we can get out of office, the better off we'll be.

Hear!  Hear!!   :patriot:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2017, 05:08:23 pm »
Thanks for posting, Hoodat.  I won't watch it again but anybody who watches it will be sickened that Northam agreed to have it shown in his name.

As probably true as well, in Hawaii.... virtually all political campaign commercials fail to denote the Party of the candidate.

The DEMS initially started this, in an effort to fool the voter with smoke and mirrors.  ESPECIALLY...on the local/State level.

Problem is they've gone too far 'round the bend, and just by the content/copy, they give themselves away.   ^-^

We should thank them that it's mandated they personally declare their authorization of the message and who paid for it...shown at the end.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2017, 05:08:40 pm »
The ad:

All I have to do it put a flag on my pickem up truck to make the little pukes have nightmares?  Man, I've been working way too hard.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2017, 05:13:04 pm »
All I have to do it put a flag on my pickem up truck to make the little pukes have nightmares?  Man, I've been working way too hard.

Yeah, but the rainbow flag isn't going to work the way you think.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2017, 05:16:29 pm »
Pickup driver is democrat Kevin Spacey.......
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2017, 05:23:00 pm »
Yeah, but the rainbow flag isn't going to work the way you think.

I'll have to rethink that one then.  It's the only flag I have.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2017, 05:58:06 pm »
I'll have to rethink that one then.  It's the only flag I have.

I'll have to get you a Freak Flag for Christmas.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2017, 05:58:37 pm »
While it doesn't seem that Gillespie is a conservative firebrand, the psychological defeat to the Dems should he win in a blue leaning state would be well worth putting him in office.

And I hope he wins by 10.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2017, 06:06:29 pm »
While it doesn't seem that Gillespie is a conservative firebrand, the psychological defeat to the Dems should he win in a blue leaning state would be well worth putting him in office.

And I hope he wins by 10.

Yeah.  Me, too.  It will be interesting to see what happens.

I don't think Northam has helped himself at all in the past couple of weeks.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2017, 09:59:11 pm »
Being reported on radio that this is "...perfect Republican weather" for the election turn-out.

Currently 39 degrees and still raining like a b*tch.   Those in rush hour traffic are not happy.

Keeping fingers crossed...

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #20 on: November 07, 2017, 10:04:07 pm »

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Online corbe

« Reply #21 on: November 07, 2017, 10:08:02 pm »
   McAuliffe, the Clinton bag man is gone, America has already won.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #22 on: November 07, 2017, 10:31:33 pm »
Turnout up in Virginia’s closely watched race

By Associated Press Published: November 7, 2017, 4:20 pm Updated: November 7, 2017, 5:21 pm

RICHMOND, Va. (AP) — Early voter numbers are up in Virginia’s closely watched race for governor while polling places around the state are reporting a steady turnout.

Department of Elections Commissioner Edgardo Cortes says Virginia had a “substantially higher” number of early voters in this year’s closely watched race for governor than in recent past gubernatorial contests.

The 180,000 absentee ballots returned as of Sunday were 60,000 more than all absentee votes cast in the 2013 gubernatorial election.

Generally speaking, Democrats tend to do better in Virginia with a greater turnout.

Fairfax County, a large, reliably Democratic county in Northern Virginia, reported that voter turnout as of 2 p.m. was 30.6 percent.

http://wric.com/2017/11/07/turnout-up-in-virginias-closely-watched-race/

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #23 on: November 07, 2017, 10:35:54 pm »

Miserable weather on election day is always good for the nation.   
‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #24 on: November 07, 2017, 10:37:15 pm »
Pickup driver is democrat Kevin Spacey.......

Are you serious?   
‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —