Author Topic: Crown Prince bin Salman bribed Trump, Saudi Twitter whistleblower says  (Read 389 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Crown Prince bin Salman bribed Trump, Saudi Twitter whistleblower says
MEE staff

Mujtahidd alleges that boat linked to Trump's organisation was filled with $1bn in cash as a personal gift from bin Salman

Tuesday 7 November 2017 2:41 UTC

Saudi Arabia’s Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman personally bribed Donald Trump with $1bn during the US president’s visit to Riyadh in May, according to a well informed but anonymous Saudi commentator, who uses the Twitter handle Mujtahidd.

Bin Salman, then-deputy crown prince, was able to win the US administration's favour in his power struggle with his cousin Mohammed bin Nayef, who was heir to the throne until he was deposed in June.

Middle East Eye has not been able to verify Mujtahidd's allegations at the time of publication.

Continued at: http://www.middleeasteye.net/news/bin-salman-bribed-trump-saudi-twitter-whistleblower-says-2042838004

It sounds far-fetched. Middle East Eye often gets early news, if no one else picks it up, then we can shrug it off as probably being nothing. I do know, KSA sees USA as something like a protector in the region, something like a big brother though not exactly, it really makes one wonder why for so long, we've been doing business with them and really, throwing our weight around in their favor. At the same time, they "may" be cleaning things up per influence on terrorism and corruption in their country.  Following this story, they may be doing what the administration requests of them.

Tomorrow's headlines today, we will see if this pans out. I'm highly skeptical. This also sounds like the sensationalism we get from over there.

Middle East Eye, I believe notoriously, have also said things at times, that were not true or proved not to be true, a bit of an offshoot from the UK's liberal Guardian newspaper, we can look at this with caution. Probably not true. They posted a tweet, so big deal.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2017, 05:32:57 am by TomSea »