Author Topic: Mexico: Cult leader Orson William Black Jr arrested after triple murder  (Read 746 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Cult leader Orson William Black Jr arrested after triple murder
By Tom Acres, News Reporter

A polygamist and suspected cult leader wanted on paedophile charges has been arrested as part of a triple murder investigation.

US national Orson William Black Jr was detained in the Mexican border state of Chihuahua over the weekend, alongside his four wives and 22 other Americans, including some minors.

Approximately 100 police officers descended on the "El Negro" ranch on Friday and Saturday as part of a joint operation with the FBI following the murder of three young Americans in the same region.

Two teenagers aged 15 and 19, as well as a 23-year-old man, were killed on 10 September.

Read more at: https://news.sky.com/story/cult-leader-orson-william-black-jr-arrested-after-triple-murder-11116190

Nothing I've read after looking around, says this guy is a Mormon, in case anyone wonders. It would not be like the LDS to be a human trafficker, which the article mentions.  OTOH, there seems to be a historical Mormon figure in the 1800s whose name was also William Black.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Black_(Mormon)
« Last Edit: November 06, 2017, 04:48:00 pm by TomSea »

Offline Suppressed

Re: Mexico: Cult leader Orson William Black Jr arrested after triple murder
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2017, 08:05:07 pm »
Nothing I've read after looking around, says this guy is a Mormon, in case anyone wonders. It would not be like the LDS to be a human trafficker, which the article mentions.  OTOH, there seems to be a historical Mormon figure in the 1800s whose name was also William Black.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Black_(Mormon)

He was formerly FLDS, not LDS.  And has since split off from that for his own sect.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Re: Mexico: Cult leader Orson William Black Jr arrested after triple murder
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2017, 08:42:49 pm »
He was formerly FLDS, not LDS.  And has since split off from that for his own sect.

The mainstream Mormon church has not endorsed polygamy since 1890.

Utah and Arizona essentially looked the other way for decades.

Now states (and Canada) not looking the other way, it seems.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln