Author Topic: Air Defense: Saudis Join The THAAD Club  (Read 254 times)

Offline DemolitionMan

Air Defense: Saudis Join The THAAD Club
« on: November 06, 2017, 09:23:30 am »
Strategy Page

Saudi Arabia had followed the UAE (United Arab Emirates) and placed an order for THAAD (Terminal High Altitude Area Defense) anti-missile systems. The UAE ordered two THAAD batteries in 2011 after considering it since 2008. The Saudi order is for $15 billion to pay for 44 launchers, 360 THAAD missiles, seven radars and 26 fire control systems. In addition the order includes support vehicles, generators and maintenance gear plus training and tech support.

https://www.strategypage.com/htmw/htada/articles/20171031.aspx
"Of Arms and Man I Sing"-The Aenid written by Virgil-Virgil commenced his epic story of Aeneas and the founding of Rome with the words: Arma virumque cano--"Of arms and man I sing.Aeneas receives full treatment in Roman mythology, most extensively in Virgil's Aeneid, where he is an ancestor of Romulus and Remus. He became the first true hero of Rome

Offline DemolitionMan

Re: Air Defense: Saudis Join The THAAD Club
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2017, 09:27:41 am »

www.youtube.com/watch?v=OrO6dSvaF4c

THAAD is one of the important BMD of US for intercepting long-range missiles (IRBMs or ICBMs) and can detect targets from long distance up to 1000 kms.
S-400 is the mainstay of Russian BMD system. It  can handle all types of incoming aerial threats but has much smaller range and detection capabilities.
"Of Arms and Man I Sing"-The Aenid written by Virgil-Virgil commenced his epic story of Aeneas and the founding of Rome with the words: Arma virumque cano--"Of arms and man I sing.Aeneas receives full treatment in Roman mythology, most extensively in Virgil's Aeneid, where he is an ancestor of Romulus and Remus. He became the first true hero of Rome