Author Topic: Paul recovering from 5 broken ribs  (Read 2021 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Paul recovering from 5 broken ribs
« on: November 05, 2017, 10:45:07 pm »
FRANKFORT, Ky. (AP) — The Latest on U.S. Sen. Rand Paul’s assault at his home (all times local):

5:15 p.m.

A senior adviser for Rand Paul says the U.S. senator is recovering from five broken ribs following an assault at his home.

Doug Stafford said it is unclear when Paul will return to work since he is in considerable pain and has difficulty getting around, including flying. Stafford said Sunday that the broken ribs include three displaced fractures, which can lead to life-threatening injuries. The severe pain can last for weeks or months.

Police arrested 59-year-old Rene Boucher on Saturday and charged him with misdemeanor fourth-degree assault with a minor injury. Boucher is accused of attacking Paul on Friday, but officials have not released a motive.

more
https://apnews.com/68fb5bbe2e0441489a4e0002f0edd754/The-Latest:-APNewsBreak:-Paul-recovering-from-5-broken-ribs?utm_campaign=SocialFlow&utm_source=Twitter&utm_medium=AP
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Re: Paul recovering from 5 broken ribs
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2017, 11:06:37 pm »
I didn't know it was that bad.  Prayers for Senator Paul.  The world is getting crazy.  There was a church shooting today that killed over 20 people in small town near San Antonio Texas.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2017, 11:31:01 pm »
FRANKFORT, Ky. (AP) — The Latest on U.S. Sen. Rand Paul’s assault at his home (all times local):

5:15 p.m.

A senior adviser for Rand Paul says the U.S. senator is recovering from five broken ribs following an assault at his home.

Doug Stafford said it is unclear when Paul will return to work since he is in considerable pain and has difficulty getting around, including flying. Stafford said Sunday that the broken ribs include three displaced fractures, which can lead to life-threatening injuries. The severe pain can last for weeks or months.

Police arrested 59-year-old Rene Boucher on Saturday and charged him with misdemeanor fourth-degree assault with a minor injury. Boucher is accused of attacking Paul on Friday, but officials have not released a motive.

more
https://apnews.com/68fb5bbe2e0441489a4e0002f0edd754/The-Latest:-APNewsBreak:-Paul-recovering-from-5-broken-ribs?utm_campaign=SocialFlow&utm_source=Twitter&utm_medium=AP

Misdemeanor ??  Really.  This seems far more serious to me.  I would call it felony assault.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline the_doc

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2017, 11:39:47 pm »
@Mom MD
Misdemeanor ??  Really.  This seems far more serious to me.  I would call it felony assault.

Five broken ribs is not a minor injury in my medical opinion.  It actually takes a lot of force to break any ribs, much less five ribs.  And displaced rib fractures are especially bad.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2017, 12:33:11 am »
@Mom MD
Five broken ribs is not a minor injury in my medical opinion.  It actually takes a lot of force to break any ribs, much less five ribs.  And displaced rib fractures are especially bad.

I am not a doctor... But in my more-than-normal experience with scrappin and tusslin, busted ribs are never a minor injury... and FIVE is bad news. Not that it matters all that much, but I hope for him they're all on one side.

Online libertybele

« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2017, 01:33:17 am »
I didn't know it was that bad.  Prayers for Senator Paul.  The world is getting crazy.  There was a church shooting today that killed over 20 people in small town near San Antonio Texas.

Yes, prayers for Senator Paul.  I am shocked as I didn't realize that his injuries were this serious; 5 broken ribs is quite an ordeal and there must have been quite a bit of force behind the attack.  I'm curious as to what exactly happened.  Things have gotten way, way out of control.  Sad, very sad.  I'm praying for our entire country. What's going on is just absolutely nuts!    8888crybaby
« Last Edit: November 06, 2017, 01:33:50 am by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2017, 02:02:13 am »

Rand Paul's crazy violent leftist neighbor should lose his medical license and be charged with a felony.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2017, 02:22:51 am »

If a person could potentially die from an injury (punctured lung), it is NOT a minor injury, nor a misdemeanor.

The law had better take care of this guy.  He's dangerous.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2017, 02:24:45 am »
Yes, prayers for Senator Paul.  I am shocked as I didn't realize that his injuries were this serious; 5 broken ribs is quite an ordeal and there must have been quite a bit of force behind the attack.  I'm curious as to what exactly happened.  Things have gotten way, way out of control.  Sad, very sad.  I'm praying for our entire country. What's going on is just absolutely nuts!    8888crybaby

The left has gone from crazy to demonic.

Prayers for our country.

We are in DEEP trouble.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Online libertybele

« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2017, 02:31:04 am »
If a person could potentially die from an injury (punctured lung), it is NOT a minor injury, nor a misdemeanor.

The law had better take care of this guy.  He's dangerous.

Agreed.  The injuries are not minor and it is being reported that his injuries are more serious than first thought and I would hope that his attacker will now be charged with a felony.  I'm not a doctor, but it would seem to me with 5 broken ribs; three of which are displaced fractures, that could cause internal bleeding,  he should be in the hospital and sedated??  Paul is in bad shape here.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/powerpost/sen-rand-paul-recovering-from-injuries-suffered-in-alleged-assault/2017/11/05/6380c78a-c250-11e7-84bc-5e285c7f4512_story.html

http://uproxx.com/news/rand-paul-assault-injuries-broken-ribs/
« Last Edit: November 06, 2017, 02:34:44 am by libertybele »

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Oceander

« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2017, 02:35:36 am »
Agreed this should be a felony, not a misdemeanor. 

Online roamer_1

« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2017, 02:35:58 am »
Agreed.  The injuries are not minor and it is being reported that his injuries are more serious than first thought and I would hope that his attacker will now be charged with a felony.  I'm not a doctor, but it would seem to me with 5 broken ribs, he should be in the hospital and sedated??

Nope... Providing they are still in alignment, there's nothing for it. Keep em wrapped up tight as a wedge, and try not to breath.  :shrug:

Offline musiclady

« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2017, 02:36:03 am »
Agreed.  The injuries are not minor and it is being reported that his injuries are more serious than first thought and I would hope that his attacker will now be charged with a felony.  I'm not a doctor, but it would seem to me with 5 broken ribs, he should be in the hospital and sedated??

https://www.washingtonpost.com/powerpost/sen-rand-paul-recovering-from-injuries-suffered-in-alleged-assault/2017/11/05/6380c78a-c250-11e7-84bc-5e285c7f4512_story.html

http://uproxx.com/news/rand-paul-assault-injuries-broken-ribs/

The pain of even one broken rib is severe, even while just breathing, or moving at all.

I would think sedation and IV pain meds would be standard procedure...... but I don't know for sure.

No matter what, he's in great pain, and these are not minor injuries!

Prayers for Rand.

Online libertybele

« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2017, 02:58:34 am »
The left has gone from crazy to demonic.

Prayers for our country.

We are in DEEP trouble.

Yes, we are in DEEP trouble.

--- Prayers in the prayer thread ...

« Last Edit: November 06, 2017, 03:10:06 am by libertybele »

Offline Mom MD

« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2017, 03:05:27 am »
@Mom MD

That many broken ribs will often require hospitalization for pain control.  It can be life threatening if a lung is punctured but fortunately that is rare and can be treated if discovered.  The real problem is a high risk of pneumonia and blood clots from not taking deep breaths or moving around because of the pain with movement.  That said a relatively young healthy man should recover completely in a couple of weeks
God is still in control

Offline Mom MD

« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2017, 03:07:14 am »
The pain of even one broken rib is severe, even while just breathing, or moving at all.

I would think sedation and IV pain meds would be standard procedure...... but I don't know for sure.

No matter what, he's in great pain, and these are not minor injuries!

Prayers for Rand.

Actually the most effective way to treat the pain is an epidural anesthetic just like for childbirth or major surgery.  That does require hospitalization though
God is still in control

Offline cato potatoe

« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2017, 03:16:32 am »
If you recall, Rand was at the baseball game when another nutcase went off.  This is the sort of thing that keeps good men from serving.

Online libertybele

« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2017, 03:36:35 am »
....“Displaced rib fractures can lead to life-threatening injuries such as: hemopneumothorax, pneumothorax, pneumonia, internal bleeding, laceration of internal organs and lung contusions. Senator Paul does have lung contusions currently,” Stafford said. “This type of injury is also accompanied by severe pain that can last weeks to months.”....

https://www.politico.com/story/2017/11/05/rand-paul-assault-broken-ribs-244579

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #18 on: November 06, 2017, 03:43:28 am »
Police arrested 59-year-old Rene Boucher on Saturday and charged him with misdemeanor fourth-degree assault with a minor injury.

Minor injury eh? Like hell.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #19 on: November 06, 2017, 03:53:26 am »
What did Rand do to piss off the city police?

Online libertybele

« Reply #20 on: November 06, 2017, 03:57:21 am »
Police arrested 59-year-old Rene Boucher on Saturday and charged him with misdemeanor fourth-degree assault with a minor injury.

Minor injury eh? Like hell.

Exactly; had it been an assault on a DEM, they would be looking at a felony!  This is truly an example of liberal lunacy.  They are unhinged.  Things have been escalating for at least a decade and we I'm afraid are dangerously close to a full blown revolution.  How do we defuse this??  Anyone?

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #21 on: November 06, 2017, 03:57:36 am »
Breaking five ribs takes a fair amount of force and not likely on the first blow. This guy was there to do serious damage, if not kill. His charges are way too light.
The Republic is lost.

Online libertybele

« Reply #22 on: November 06, 2017, 04:05:55 am »
Breaking five ribs takes a fair amount of force and not likely on the first blow. This guy was there to do serious damage, if not kill. His charges are way too light.

5 broken ribs = blunt force trauma. Reports I've read said that he has contusions on his lungs. 

http://www.cnn.com/2017/11/05/politics/rand-paul-assault-injuries/index.html

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #23 on: November 06, 2017, 04:09:28 am »
What did Rand do to piss off the city police?

Maybe they think he is black with that goofy curly haircut.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #24 on: November 06, 2017, 04:12:50 am »
Maybe they think he is black with that goofy curly haircut.

That's probably it.