Author Topic: Paradise Papers: Leaks Show Wilbur Ross Hid Ties to Putin Cronies  (Read 888 times)

Online mountaineer

Revealed: How the Queen's millions are 'invested offshore' as secret dealings of Bono and members of Donald Trump's cabinet are exposed in huge 'Paradise Papers' leak
by Scott Campbell and Paddy Dinham and Alex Matthews and Joe Sheppard For Mailonline

Published: 13:12 EST, 5 November 2017
Daily Mail
    Secretive files expose ways the rich and powerful are protecting their wealth
    Millions of pounds from Queen's private estate invested in Cayman Islands fund
    Donald Trump's cabinet members including US secretary of state are also named
    Twitter and Facebook received investments traced back to the Russian state
    Newly-uncovered $450m offshore trust sheltered the wealth of Lord Ashcroft
    Offshore webs used by billionaires to buy Arsenal and Everton football clubs

The secretive dealings of the Queen and the world's biggest businesses are today revealed in an explosive leak of confidential financial documents dubbed the 'Paradise Papers'.

The 13.4million files expose the ways that the rich and powerful are protecting their wealth using a web of offshore accounts.

The release - the world's second biggest data leak after last year's Panama Papers - includes allegations that the Queen's private estate secretly invested £10million of her cash in tax havens.  ...Read more

Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Paradise Papers: Leaks Show Wilbur Ross Hid Ties to Putin Cronies
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2017, 08:12:36 pm »

BREAKING
Politics
Nov 5 2017, 1:00 pm ET
Paradise Papers: Leaks Show Wilbur Ross Hid Ties to Putin Cronies

by Richard Engel and Aggelos Petropoulos

Wilbur Ross, the commerce secretary in the Trump administration, shares business interests with Vladimir Putin’s immediate family, and he failed to clearly disclose those interests when he was being confirmed for his cabinet position.

Ross — a billionaire industrialist — retains an interest in a shipping company, Navigator Holdings, that was partially owned by his former investment company. One of Navigator’s most important business relationships is with a Russian energy firm controlled, in turn, by Putin’s son-in-law and other members of the Russian president’s inner circle.

more
https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/politics-news/leaked-documents-show-commerce-secretary-concealed-ties-putin-cronies-n817711?cid=sm_npd_nn_tw_ma
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Frank Cannon

Re: Paradise Papers: Leaks Show Wilbur Ross Hid Ties to Putin Cronies
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2017, 08:19:35 pm »
Wow. What a long convoluted line the Leftists at NBC had to draw to connect Wilber to Putin.

"Hey Wilber...."

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2017, 09:07:20 pm »
http://thehill.com/homenews/senate/358867-dem-calls-for-investigation-into-ross-over-failure-to-reveal-business-ties
Dem calls for investigation into Ross over reports of business ties with Putin family
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2017, 09:11:36 pm »
http://thehill.com/homenews/senate/358867-dem-calls-for-investigation-into-ross-over-failure-to-reveal-business-ties
Dem calls for investigation into Ross over reports of business ties with Putin family

Rats called for an investigation into Donny pushing meatloaf onto Christie Creme. It's what they do.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2017, 11:44:02 pm »
And people want another 4 years of scandal?  His presidency has already been mired in one thing after another.  Personally I think that government in general is so corrupt there is no hope left for this country.  I know this comment will garner criticism.  But its true.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline ConservativeGranny

« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2017, 01:10:09 am »
Kushner is also involved.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2017, 01:11:56 am »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2017, 01:36:04 am »
Kushner told the Senate Intelligence Committee a lie when he said he never took Russian money to fund any of his private business ventures. The released documents show that Kushner took $850000 from a Russian for Cadre, a company Kushner co-funded. Kushner did not disclose this along with the numerous other "omissions" that he made filling out his government disclosure forms.

"Ross has been linked to Russian interests before; in 2014, he poured hundreds of millions of dollars into a bailout of the Bank of Cyprus, an institution regarded by financial watchdogs as a haven for Russian money laundering. "

Secretary of State Tillerson also mentioned in the papers as well as Steven Mnuchin, who is the Treasure Secretary, Gary Cohn and Randal Quarles Vice Chairman For Supervision at the Federal Reserve.

"Randal Quarles, who was confirmed just last month to be vice chairman for supervision at the Federal Reserve, has financial connections to a bank based in Bermuda that is being probed by U.S. officials under suspicion of tax evasion. A Federal Reserve spokesman told The Guardian that Quarles divested from the bank when he assumed his position at the U.S. central bank."

https://www.thedailybeast.com/massive-leak-reveals-new-ties-between-trump-administration-and-russia-implicating-commerce-secretary-wilbur-ross-and-jared-kushner?via=twitter_page

The news is breaking all over the internet so if you don't like my links there are many others. I've read most of them.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2017, 01:41:43 am »
Kushner is also involved.

Absolutely no surprise on that one. 
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2017, 01:45:35 am »
Kushner told the Senate Intelligence Committee a lie when he said he never took Russian money to fund any of his private business ventures. The released documents show that Kushner took $850000 from a Russian for Cadre, a company Kushner co-funded. Kushner did not disclose this along with the numerous other "omissions" that he made filling out his government disclosure forms.

"Ross has been linked to Russian interests before; in 2014, he poured hundreds of millions of dollars into a bailout of the Bank of Cyprus, an institution regarded by financial watchdogs as a haven for Russian money laundering. "

Secretary of State Tillerson also mentioned in the papers as well as Steven Mnuchin, who is the Treasure Secretary, Gary Cohn and Randal Quarles Vice Chairman For Supervision at the Federal Reserve.

"Randal Quarles, who was confirmed just last month to be vice chairman for supervision at the Federal Reserve, has financial connections to a bank based in Bermuda that is being probed by U.S. officials under suspicion of tax evasion. A Federal Reserve spokesman told The Guardian that Quarles divested from the bank when he assumed his position at the U.S. central bank."

https://www.thedailybeast.com/massive-leak-reveals-new-ties-between-trump-administration-and-russia-implicating-commerce-secretary-wilbur-ross-and-jared-kushner?via=twitter_page

The news is breaking all over the internet so if you don't like my links there are many others. I've read most of them.

Kushner also took money from Soros to start up Cadre.  Why the heck it's taken people so long to connect the dots to Kushner is beyond me.   Again, the Kushners need to vacate the West Wing; Ivanka included!

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2017, 02:05:49 am »
And people want another 4 years of scandal?  His presidency has already been mired in one thing after another.  Personally I think that government in general is so corrupt there is no hope left for this country.  I know this comment will garner criticism.  But its true.

Chosen, I agree with you and this is why I have stated that I believe there is a coup within a coup going on ... Trump's DOJ is no better than the past administration's; therefore, no one is being focused on or accused so far except Trump's people.  It is absolutely unequivocally absurd that those who were part of Uranium One is investigating Team Trump. Also, this isn't the first time that Kushner has made omissions on his disclosure forms, I've lost track as to how many times he's amended them.

Without a doubt the government is very corrupt and to me it is absolutely frightening.  IMHO it's been this corrupt for a very long time and since 'they' are angry that Hillary didn't make it in; people are whistling Dixie and there is tremendous upheaval going on. Had she made it in, we wouldn't be hearing any of this and it would be business as usual at the D.C. swamp.  Trump's presidency is mired because he's ruffled the establishment's feathers bigly!

Offline libertybele

« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2017, 04:38:21 am »

This is how the deflect and bury the Clinton dossiers and Uranium One.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2017, 05:04:13 am »
Chosen, I agree with you and this is why I have stated that I believe there is a coup within a coup going on ... Trump's DOJ is no better than the past administration's; therefore, no one is being focused on or accused so far except Trump's people.  It is absolutely unequivocally absurd that those who were part of Uranium One is investigating Team Trump. Also, this isn't the first time that Kushner has made omissions on his disclosure forms, I've lost track as to how many times he's amended them.

Without a doubt the government is very corrupt and to me it is absolutely frightening.  IMHO it's been this corrupt for a very long time and since 'they' are angry that Hillary didn't make it in; people are whistling Dixie and there is tremendous upheaval going on. Had she made it in, we wouldn't be hearing any of this and it would be business as usual at the D.C. swamp.  Trump's presidency is mired because he's ruffled the establishment's feathers bigly!

Maybe but as you said Kushner making omissions shows he has something to hide.  And others in his administration.  Sounds like his feathers are a bit dirty too.  I don't like Kushner.  Well for that matter don't trust Trump either.

« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2017, 06:22:17 am »
This is how the deflect and bury the Clinton dossiers and Uranium One.

Right. They are all pointing fingers at the other each as corrupt as the next one. In the middle are the American people being lied to and played for fools  pitted one against the other. We are like little tokens on a game board manipulated one way and then another while they play at power and wealth. One thing for sure is that none of us will end up being the winners. And oh how they must laugh at us all behind closed doors.