Author Topic: 'Mass shooting' reported at Sutherland Springs church in Texas  (Read 36448 times)

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
Re: 'Mass shooting' reported at Sutherland Springs church in Texas
« Reply #475 on: November 07, 2017, 05:33:07 pm »
Presser- cell phone of shooter turned over to the FBI for analysis- will not discuss victims or Air Force screw up. Monster's Ruger being examined by ATF all indications it is semi-auto.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline austingirl

« Reply #476 on: November 07, 2017, 05:36:20 pm »
Cell phone locked and can't get in yet -won't identify phone. 136 Texas Rangers working the evidence-well trained in crime scene analysis.

Offline austingirl

« Reply #477 on: November 07, 2017, 05:38:01 pm »
$6500 available from crime victim's fund for burial. Someone is donating all the caskets.

Offline austingirl

« Reply #478 on: November 07, 2017, 05:39:13 pm »
Will not say why perp was denied a carry permit- protected information. No accomplices found.

Offline austingirl

« Reply #479 on: November 07, 2017, 05:41:51 pm »
Also, the guy left the church, he could have stayed there and kept firing away, concealed weapons may not have had that big of an impact, in fact, the Texas gun man might have gotten killed earlier because he was a coward and left and a coward because he killed himself. The good Sams may not have necessarily changed the situation.

Wrong- the killer stopped to engage the hero neighbor and it is known he saved lives.

Offline austingirl

« Reply #480 on: November 07, 2017, 05:44:09 pm »
Leftist media asking if he used a bump stock- he did not.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #481 on: November 07, 2017, 05:48:37 pm »
That's right and he did it barefoot. He believes God protected him and gave him the ability to do what he did. God bless him and the young man who helped him chase the monster.
God protected him, but not the people in the church? Not to run back to this again, but these kinds of statements are what really raise a lot of disturbing questions.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline austingirl

« Reply #482 on: November 07, 2017, 05:50:36 pm »
God protected him, but not the people in the church? Not to run back to this again, but these kinds of statements are what really raise a lot of disturbing questions.

@jmyrlefuller
You say 'Not to run back to this" and then you do. Please don't.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2017, 05:51:24 pm by austingirl »

Online Hoodat

« Reply #483 on: November 07, 2017, 06:39:37 pm »

The shooter unloaded 15 magazines inside the church.  How many people inside survived?

God is not a micro-manager.  Perhaps your expectations are a bit out of whack.  Maybe you should consider finding out who God really is.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline musiclady

« Reply #484 on: November 07, 2017, 06:44:58 pm »
Thanks for all the added information @austingirl

I know there is a Go Fund Me site for the man who is burying 8 members of his family (including his pregnant wife).

He needs extra prayer from all of us that God would comfort him.

His pain must be unbearable....
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline ConstitutionRose

« Reply #485 on: November 07, 2017, 06:50:19 pm »
Of course, I wouldn't object to it but I'd hate nonetheless, to see metal detectors in a house of worship.

I guess, Jews "might" have had to deal with this for some time though, if I may say that. They've probably had to face this as a threat at least. One could see how they handle this. We lived near such a temple but our town was pretty quiet. One wouldn't think about this. Perhaps this is mainly an issue in Israel and some large US cities, perhaps.

In my town both the Sanctuary and the Temple have 24/7 armed security plus additional armed personnel inside during services.  Discretely armed.  The school has large grounds with multiple perimeters where beautiful shrubs and plantings hide the fences (mostly), sensors between fences, security gates both manned and the road winds and twists thru multiple gates before it reaches the buildings.

Pretty sad that this has to be so in the US.
"Old man can't is dead.  I helped bury him."  Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas quoting his grandfather.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #486 on: November 07, 2017, 07:34:11 pm »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
« Reply #487 on: November 07, 2017, 07:34:59 pm »
It's important for us to remember that Jesus said that Satan was the ruler of this world. When evil happens, it's not because God is absent but because Satan is the ruler here. For we Christians, Satan can kill the body but not the spirit.

The instances  in the Bible where God made His presence known are few and far between. Sometimes, those instances weren't very pleasant. The murals in the nursery show the animals getting into the ark, not the people drowning.
Countdown to Resignation

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #488 on: November 07, 2017, 07:37:29 pm »
@TomSea

Our main Catholic Priest was an Army sniper - I have to believe he has a weapon under his robe.  Our other Priest was a marine - I have to believe he has a weapon under his robe.  I have to believe they are protecting Christ's people.

The pastor of my last church was an Army Ranger, and his Ranger stories would often be inserted into a sermon. One story happened shortly after leaving the Army and becoming  a Pastor. He was riding a bus in downtown Seattle where he confronted a very belligerent man who was harassing and trying to pick a fight with other passengers.    After telling the guy to sit down and leave the passengers alone, the guy turned on him and said, “who the hell are you?”   He responded, “ I’m a Pastor or an Army Ranger, which one do you want me to be?”    The guy sat down and kept quite the rest of the trip.

In my current church – not a mega-church but still rather large, you bet some people carry. We even have off duty police who attend as well as a Seahawk or two during training camp.

A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline Applewood

« Reply #489 on: November 07, 2017, 07:51:09 pm »
I said before it's too bad Kelley didn't receive any treatment for his mental health problems.  Well, apparently, he was confined to a mental health facility, but he escaped. 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-nation/wp/2017/11/07/as-texas-town-mourns-details-emerge-on-gunmans-methodical-tactics-in-church-massacre/?utm_term=.5dccca804b69

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #490 on: November 07, 2017, 08:00:59 pm »

God protected David when he fought Goliath, but how many Israelites died, were maimed or were taken captive by the Philistines before this epic story?   As Christians we do not have a blanket of protection over us keeping our mortal selves from harm. That blanket was removed in the Garden. Our "mortal bodies" are subject to all the same pains woes and trials of living in a fallen world as non-believers. That is humility. And Jesus was a prime example of what humility is.

Now is anyone wrong in saying God protected the good guy with a Gun?  Well I don't think God is up there in Heaven writing the script on how this event unfolded and ended, but we are told to Give thanks in all things and we should Thank God for this man being where he was and stopping this guy. Who knows, he may had had plans to stop at another church and kill more.   
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #491 on: November 07, 2017, 08:02:48 pm »
It's important for us to remember that Jesus said that Satan was the ruler of this world. When evil happens, it's not because God is absent but because Satan is the ruler here.

That wasn't a very nice arrangement for God to set up.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #492 on: November 07, 2017, 08:05:27 pm »

@jmyrlefuller

The basic question of why does God allow evil, is pertinent dozens or hundreds of times, daily.

Drunk driving
Drug overdose
Wife beating
Child beating
Homicide
Assault and battery

....and for me, the answer is that God doesn't generally micromanage his spinning mudball, all that much on a daily basis.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline austingirl

« Reply #493 on: November 07, 2017, 08:10:56 pm »
I said before it's too bad Kelley didn't receive any treatment for his mental health problems.  Well, apparently, he was confined to a mental health facility, but he escaped. 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-nation/wp/2017/11/07/as-texas-town-mourns-details-emerge-on-gunmans-methodical-tactics-in-church-massacre/?utm_term=.5dccca804b69

I put up a new thread with the link from KSAT about the new info on his time at Holloman. Very disturbing that he was not known to authorities after death threats to military superiors, escape, sneaking guns onto the base. Horrible.

Offline AllThatJazzZ

• Adopt your next pet, preferably a senior.
« Reply #494 on: November 07, 2017, 08:41:11 pm »

@jmyrlefuller

@austingirl

That's because trolling has worked for him on this thread. Just one example, reply 492. @mystery-ak gave him the go-ahead to start a religious thread regarding this event, but the hijack continues on this one. It's a PIA to filter through all the religious discussion when you're trying to get info on the actual incident. These folks obviously have a lot more time on their hands than I do.

Maybe a different thread should be started for reporting facts of the shooting and leave this one to the religious discussion. I don't really know. I'm just looking for ways to keep from having to slog through off-topic stuff to follow pertinent info.

A government big enough to give you everything you want
is a government big enough to take away everything you have.

Offline austingirl

« Reply #495 on: November 07, 2017, 08:43:52 pm »
@austingirl

That's because trolling has worked for him on this thread. Just one example, reply 492. @mystery-ak gave him the go-ahead to start a religious thread regarding this event, but the hijack continues on this one. It's a PIA to filter through all the religious discussion when you're trying to get info on the actual incident. These folks obviously have a lot more time on their hands than I do.

Maybe a different thread should be started for reporting facts of the shooting and leave this one to the religious discussion. I don't really know. I'm just looking for ways to keep from having to slog through off-topic stuff to follow pertinent info.

Here some news about the shooter:

Officials in Comal County say the suspect in the Sutherland Springs church shooting was involved in an alleged sexual assault four years ago. Link on the thread about his escape from a mental health facility in 2012.

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
« Reply #496 on: November 07, 2017, 08:51:53 pm »
That wasn't a very nice arrangement for God to set up.

When you get to be God, you can set up a different one.
Man wanted Free Will which set up the current system. And we love Free Will. We love sin so much, we pretend we aren't doing it. We think our sin of Self-Righteousness is a spiritual gift. But if the idea of Satan having dominion bothers you, there is a way to avoid his dominion over you.
Imagine if your child said to you "I will do anything and everything humanly possible to avoid being with you". That's pretty much how we treat God when it comes to dying and going to Heaven.
Countdown to Resignation

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
« Reply #497 on: November 07, 2017, 08:53:13 pm »

Is that you, Lucianne?   :laugh:

Each new breaking news item should be its own thread.
Countdown to Resignation

Online Hoodat

« Reply #498 on: November 07, 2017, 09:39:01 pm »
Cell phone locked and can't get in yet -won't identify phone. 136 Texas Rangers working the evidence-well trained in crime scene analysis.

If it's Apple, then the Texas Rangers can consult the Chinese government since Apple had no problem providing them the encryption code as part of the deal to sell I-phones in the PRC.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online corbe

« Reply #499 on: November 07, 2017, 09:41:59 pm »

Here some news about the shooter:

Officials in Comal County say the suspect in the Sutherland Springs church shooting was involved in an alleged sexual assault four years ago. Link on the thread about his escape from a mental health facility in 2012.

That is not being reported Locally at all, thanks for the update @austingirl
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.