Author Topic: 'Mass shooting' reported at Sutherland Springs church in Texas  (Read 36457 times)

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Re: 'Mass shooting' reported at Sutherland Springs church in Texas
« Reply #400 on: November 06, 2017, 10:20:01 pm »
I think you meant National Instant Check System (NICS) rather than the Naval Criminal Investigative Service (NCIS). In this case, the information sharing would have to be between the Military and the Feds, because he was tried by a Military Court. He still might not be in a NCIS database (not sure), because he was Air Force, and iirc, they mainly cover the Navy and USMC.

Yes. I meant NICS. 
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #401 on: November 06, 2017, 10:21:14 pm »

Heartbreaking: Eight months pregnant Crystal Holcombe (center) died in the church shooting on Sunday alongside her son Greg (far left), daughters Emily and Megan. Her husband, John (far right) survived alongside two of their children. It's unclear if they are among the injured
 8888crybaby

more
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5055275/Pictured-Mother-five-killed-family-members.html

Devastating and heartbreaking. May God help heal this town.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #402 on: November 06, 2017, 10:27:34 pm »
This evil bastard broke his stepson's skull and served a year in the brig. That was his first wife. Danielle Shields was his second wife, married in 2014. She is from Sutherland Springs, not the first wife.

He was also charged with animal cruelty in Colorado. He liked to hurt defenseless infants and puppies. Wonder if he wet the bed and started fires as a child.

I made a comment in another thread about the puppies. I don't think he was human. Humans don't kill babies and puppies
« Last Edit: November 06, 2017, 10:28:07 pm by Freya »
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #403 on: November 06, 2017, 10:27:56 pm »
IIRC if you receive a Bad Conduct or Dishonorable discharge it goes into the federal system and pops up if you ever try to purchase a weapon.

@corbe

So if he passed the background check does that mean he is in the system as having a clean record, or he isn't in the system at all?
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #404 on: November 06, 2017, 10:28:12 pm »
This evil bastard broke his stepson's skull and served a year in the brig. That was his first wife. Danielle Shields was his second wife, married in 2014. She is from Sutherland Springs, not the first wife.

He was also charged with animal cruelty in Colorado. He liked to hurt defenseless infants and puppies. Wonder if he wet the bed and started fires as a child.

Unfortunately, I suspect we will see more copycat type atrocities committed by sociopaths.  I think that's what we are seeing here.  The guy in Las Vegas did it, and this POS followed suit.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #405 on: November 06, 2017, 10:31:53 pm »
Unfortunately, I suspect we will see more copycat type atrocities committed by sociopaths.  I think that's what we are seeing here.  The guy in Las Vegas did it, and this POS followed suit.

The divide in this country is wide. A void. And people that fell through the cracks earlier are crawling back out.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #406 on: November 06, 2017, 10:36:54 pm »
And still, 10 in critical condition.  Hoping for the best for them.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #407 on: November 06, 2017, 10:43:57 pm »
The divide in this country is wide.

And irreparable.

A people no longer having any common core principles or shared values outside of self, and in whom a large portion hate the other half - is a nation sitting in a pool of gasoline while it's people are lighting torches.

All of this we are witnessing is just the beginning of the great unraveling.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #408 on: November 06, 2017, 10:46:16 pm »
@corbe

So if he passed the background check does that mean he is in the system as having a clean record, or he isn't in the system at all?

It's probably a "negative system."  One is only in it if the record's not clean.  Not there at all?  Then Good to Go.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #409 on: November 06, 2017, 10:48:00 pm »
This is not a killing by a gangsta or gangsta wannabe in a big city like Chicago over turf, women or drugs.  This is about a guy who maybe decided that whatever was wrong in his life was the fault of the parishioners in a church -- including the tiniest baby and the senior citizens -- and decided to slaughter them all.  If that isn't mental illness, I don't know what is. 

I'm old enough to remember the 50s, when such mass murders were unheard of.  When I grew up, I read Truman Capote's In Cold Blood, about the 1950s slaughter of an entire family in a rural farming community by two cons.  The story was shocking simply because such mass murder wasn't common back in those days. 

Today we are seeing mass murder on a weekly basis.  Yes, some of these are being done by jihadis who hate the west, but too many are being committed by ordinary people with no ties to violent hate groups.  Why are these murders becoming so commonplace?  Is there something in the water supply that is causing people to snap?    Might be a good idea to find out, rather than have the Democrat knee jerk reaction of banning and confiscating all firearms.
Philosophical polarization, dumbing down the populace, oversimplifying issues have all worked together to eliminate any middle ground. For some reason even the nearly religious three alternatives (three being deeply embedded in American culture) are being honed down to a false dichotomy of solutions, all or nothing, black or white, live or die, yes or no, you're with us or against us...

For a people saturated, even bombarded with 'information', knowledge is a distant second, and wisdom is barely out of the starting blocks.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #410 on: November 06, 2017, 10:52:57 pm »
And irreparable.

A people no longer having any common core principles or shared values outside of self, and in whom a large portion hate the other half - is a nation sitting in a pool of gasoline while it's people are lighting torches.

All of this we are witnessing is just the beginning of the great unraveling.

Your daily affirmations need a little polishing.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline corbe

« Reply #411 on: November 06, 2017, 10:56:18 pm »
@corbe

Record Count:  4
Search By: Defendant   Use Soundex: on   Party Search Mode: Name   Last Name: Kelley   First Name: devan   All All   Sort By: Filed Date   

Case Number

Citation Number

Defendant Info

Filed/Location

Type/Status

Charge(s)

KELLEY, DEVIN PATRICK

02/12/1991

04/29/2008

JP4

Traffic

Disposed

SPEEDING - 52 MPH/35 MPH 

KELLEY, DEVIN PATRICK

02/12/1991

10/16/2008

JP3

Traffic

Disposed

FAILURE TO STOP AT STOP SIGN 

KELLEY, DEVIN PATRICK

02/12/1991

09/01/2017

JP1

Citations - Traffic and Non-Traffic - Adult

Dismissed

Expired Registration 

KELLEY, DEVIN PATRICK

02/12/1991

09/01/2017

JP1

Citations - Traffic and Non-Traffic - Adult

Dismissed

No Motor Vehicle Liability Insurance 

http://public.co.comal.tx.us/Search.aspx?ID=100

Only misdemeanor Traffic Offences (4)

*sorry for the Formatting @bigheadfred very tired today.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline corbe

« Reply #412 on: November 06, 2017, 11:11:31 pm »
   He lives about 10 mile NE of New Braunfels half way to Canyon Lake from town. How strange that the County Sheriff's department pulled him over on 9/1/2017 Issued 2 tickets, case's are dismissed because they figured out he's not gonna meet his Court Date. 
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #413 on: November 06, 2017, 11:14:16 pm »
 NPR‏Verified account @NPR

NPR's @TBowmanNPR reports Kelley was able to purchase firearms because @usairforce failed to enter assault conviction in federal database.
4:59 PM - 6 Nov 2017
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #414 on: November 06, 2017, 11:16:43 pm »
   He lives about 10 mile NE of New Braunfels half way to Canyon Lake from town. How strange that the County Sheriff's department pulled him over on 9/1/2017 Issued 2 tickets, case's are dismissed because they figured out he's not gonna meet his Court Date.

Or, he didn't need a court date because they were paperwork violations, and he just showed up at the court to show the proofs of compliance?  I don't know TX law on this....
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #415 on: November 06, 2017, 11:17:52 pm »

NPR's @TBowmanNPR reports Kelley was able to purchase firearms because @usairforce failed to enter assault conviction in federal database.

That seems to be the most likely SNAFU.
I will NOT comply.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #416 on: November 06, 2017, 11:24:16 pm »

That answers the question we've all been asking. A damn shame. The military needs to make sure all offenders are in fact entered in the system.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline corbe

« Reply #417 on: November 06, 2017, 11:25:59 pm »
Or, he didn't need a court date because they were paperwork violations, and he just showed up at the court to show the proofs of compliance?  I don't know TX law on this....

That very well could be the case @Cyber Liberty

Offline corbe

« Reply #418 on: November 06, 2017, 11:30:48 pm »
   He's had problems since at least high school, outcast, loner not many friends, stalked x lovers, all the signs were there and tragically no one, particularly his family, got him the help he needed.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #419 on: November 06, 2017, 11:31:15 pm »
From RetBobbyMI's post 323:
"When Kelley filled out the background check paperwork at the store, he checked the box to indicate he didn't have disqualifying criminal history, the official said."

I would assume he still had to pass the computer background check?
Perhaps "bad discharges" from the military (which would disqualify the purchase) don't show up on them?

If not, this requires "fixing"...

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #420 on: November 06, 2017, 11:33:22 pm »
Air Force Failed To Enter Church Shooter's Domestic Violence Record In U.S. Database
Melissa Jeltsen,
HuffPost•November 06, 2017

The Air Force failed to record the Texas church shooter’s domestic violence conviction in a federal database that would have kept him from buying a gun, according a source who spoke to NPR and a leaked draft statement from the Air Force obtained by HuffPost. ...

An Air Force spokesperson reached by HuffPost confirmed that a document was leaked and that an official press release with the statement will be issued shortly. In the draft document, the Air Force said it would conduct a comprehensive review to ensure records in other cases were reported correctly.  ...  More from HuffPost via yahoo
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #421 on: November 06, 2017, 11:33:34 pm »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline corbe

« Reply #422 on: November 06, 2017, 11:34:20 pm »
   This small area of Texas has lost 39 Baptist in 7 months in 2 tragic incidents.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #423 on: November 06, 2017, 11:39:21 pm »
@corbe

It was the Federal Government that shoved all this background check nonsense down our throats.  Our protector, Big Brother, mandated that all firearm sales must go through their instant background check process.  And in doing so, they took on the responsibility of ensuring that any unauthorized person would be blocked from a firearm purchase.

It is clear at this point that in April of 2016, the federal government was negligent in holding up its end of the deal.  And any future federal gun control measure will have equal likelihood of failure.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #424 on: November 06, 2017, 11:43:20 pm »
Air Force Failed To Enter Church Shooter's Domestic Violence Record In U.S. Database
Melissa Jeltsen,
HuffPost•November 06, 2017

The Air Force failed to record the Texas church shooter’s domestic violence conviction in a federal database that would have kept him from buying a gun, according a source who spoke to NPR and a leaked draft statement from the Air Force obtained by HuffPost. ...

An Air Force spokesperson reached by HuffPost confirmed that a document was leaked and that an official press release with the statement will be issued shortly. In the draft document, the Air Force said it would conduct a comprehensive review to ensure records in other cases were reported correctly.  ...  More from HuffPost via yahoo

I guess one doesn't need to have a Mommy who's best buds with the Sheriff to get away with that, like that idiot in Tucson that shot the Congresswoman in the face did.  He wasn't on the list, was supposed to be, and bought a gun with a bunch of 30-round 9mm magazines.
I will NOT comply.