Author Topic: 'Mass shooting' reported at Sutherland Springs church in Texas  (Read 36470 times)

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: 'Mass shooting' reported at Sutherland Springs church in Texas
« Reply #300 on: November 06, 2017, 04:01:18 pm »
Thing is, he allegedly was shot at by the bystander.  Unless there was only one shot, how would the sheriff know which shot killed this guy without an autopsy?  Or is the sheriff saying no one actually shot Kelley before he took off?
Apparently he was shot by the bystander. Not every wound is fatal, and even a fatal wound may take time to be that way. If there was a second shot which was an immediately lethal wound (like a head shot), he would have had to administer it himself, depending on the angle of the wound. The sheriff might be fully capable of determining this. 
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline musiclady

« Reply #301 on: November 06, 2017, 04:04:13 pm »
Apparently he was shot by the bystander. Not every wound is fatal, and even a fatal wound may take time to be that way. If there was a second shot which was an immediately lethal wound (like a head shot), he would have had to administer it himself, depending on the angle of the wound. The sheriff might be fully capable of determining this.

They seem to be quite certain that the self-inflicted wound is what killed him, so it was probably obvious.

But as far as I'm concerned the good neighbor shooter gets all the credit for the fact that this monster is dead.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline thackney

« Reply #302 on: November 06, 2017, 04:06:29 pm »
Where do you get that "fact," @goatprairie?  Did I miss it on the thread?

'SHE'S A BAD B***H' Texas church shooting – Facebook rants of ‘creepy’ gunman Devin Kelley, 26, who preached atheism before killing 26 churchgoers
https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/4851812/texas-church-shooting-boy-family-murdered-devin-kelley-2/

Ex-friends say shooter was ‘creepy’ atheist who berated religious people
http://nypost.com/2017/11/06/ex-friends-say-shooter-was-creepy-atheist-who-berated-religious-people/

EXCLUSIVE: 'Creepy, crazy and weird': Former classmates say Texas gunman was an 'outcast' who 'preached his atheism' online before killing 26 in the state’s worst ever mass shooting
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5053013/Devin-Kelley-outcast-preached-atheism.html#ixzz4xfCL8Y6I
« Last Edit: November 06, 2017, 04:07:44 pm by thackney »
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #303 on: November 06, 2017, 04:11:06 pm »
Ex wife. Would assume the child is with the mom. If he thought they would be in church that day, what monster would murder his baby?
The same kind that would get booted from the military for beating his wife and baby.

The same kind that would shoot 26 innocent people sitting in church. That kind of monster.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Applewood

« Reply #304 on: November 06, 2017, 04:16:46 pm »
They seem to be quite certain that the self-inflicted wound is what killed him, so it was probably obvious.

But as far as I'm concerned the good neighbor shooter gets all the credit for the fact that this monster is dead.

I'd agree with that.  Even if the neighbor's shot wasn't fatal, it slowed the perp down a bit.  Kelley was either going to be captured or he was going to take himself out.  I don't see any other alternatives at that point.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #305 on: November 06, 2017, 04:18:08 pm »
Just in case, someone brings up atheists, they don't reproduce, at least not like Christians and Muslims, that is what studies have said for those who want to speak negatively of Christianity. We'd all be bowing to Mecca without it. Think about it.  Off-topic but it seems necessary to say per some views.

Heck, talk of tragedies, the early Christians were fed to lions. How ghastly can that be?
« Last Edit: November 06, 2017, 04:18:52 pm by TomSea »

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
« Reply #306 on: November 06, 2017, 04:29:47 pm »
Just in case, someone brings up atheists, they don't reproduce, at least not like Christians and Muslims, that is what studies have said for those who want to speak negatively of Christianity. We'd all be bowing to Mecca without it. Think about it.  Off-topic but it seems necessary to say per some views.

Heck, talk of tragedies, the early Christians were fed to lions. How ghastly can that be?

We are told by the Left that Hate Speech leads to violence. He preached Hate Speech against Christians and then acted on that Hate. This is a classic example of what the Lefts says will happen....except it is an inconvenient example for them.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2017, 04:30:06 pm by Restored »
Countdown to Resignation

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #307 on: November 06, 2017, 04:30:14 pm »

Yep. No doubt being shot at (and shot) cut the rampage short. Who knows what would have happened if the guy hadn't been interrupted.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2017, 04:30:33 pm by Smokin Joe »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #308 on: November 06, 2017, 04:33:02 pm »

I would imagine that most Atheists remain in the 'closet'.  They don't volunteer their opinion, but rather observe to their 'amusement'.

Now....back to the Program.    ^-^
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #309 on: November 06, 2017, 04:33:13 pm »
Presser on now. Shooter autopsy in Travis County will show cause and manner of death, not sure if the shot from the hero neighbor or self-inflicted shot killed him. He sent threatening texts- domestic situation. Ex-mother-in-law received threats.

ATF said he should not have been allowed to purchase guns. 3 recovered -Ruger rifle, Glock 9 mm and another I didn't get.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline austingirl

« Reply #310 on: November 06, 2017, 04:35:23 pm »
There is video from inside church that authorities have.

Perp seen at Valero he wore a black mask with white skull face on it- put on later, not wearing at Valero but he drew attention from the way he was dressed..
« Last Edit: November 06, 2017, 04:36:49 pm by austingirl »

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #311 on: November 06, 2017, 04:37:53 pm »
Yep. No doubt being shot at (and shot) cut the rampage short. Who knows what would have happened if the guy hadn't been interrupted.

Most sources say the POS dropped his gun when he was fired at.

Offline austingirl

« Reply #312 on: November 06, 2017, 04:39:05 pm »
Closing presser with a prayer. God bless this small shattered community.

Offline austingirl

« Reply #313 on: November 06, 2017, 04:41:00 pm »
Ten injured in critical condition. Six have been treated and released.

I was Texas proud regarding the two heroes that stopped this cretin from harming more people.

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #314 on: November 06, 2017, 04:41:41 pm »
He was a rabid atheist. Hated church folk. Thought they were stupid.

@AllThatJazzZ
I'm not denying that, but I'm confused as to where the source of the claim is.  Was that something he wrote on FB or what?
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline austingirl

« Reply #315 on: November 06, 2017, 04:42:00 pm »

POS called his father while fleeing saying he's been shot and might not make it. No, he wasn't going to make it because of the two heroes.

Offline austingirl

« Reply #316 on: November 06, 2017, 04:43:26 pm »
One child died at hospital. Three more in hospital.

Bought 4 guns in last 4 years- 2 in Colorado and 2 in Texas

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #317 on: November 06, 2017, 04:43:50 pm »
Possible motive coming out of the presser is to kill his former mil who he had threatened numerous times.

They are still trying to figure out how he was able to purchase weapons in Texas and Colorado after serving time for domestic violence and given an Dishonable discharge from the USAF
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline austingirl

« Reply #318 on: November 06, 2017, 04:44:36 pm »
@AllThatJazzZ
I'm not denying that, but I'm confused as to where the source of the claim is.  Was that something he wrote on FB or what?

There have been reports that he liked atheism on FB and talked about stupid religious people.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #319 on: November 06, 2017, 04:45:43 pm »
Possible motive coming out of the presser is to kill his former mil who he had threatened numerous times.

They are still trying to figure out how he was able to purchase weapons in Texas and Colorado after serving time for domestic violence and given an Dishonable discharge from the USAF

You can purchase anything if you have the money; which is why gun control laws are so laughable. They don't stop someone with criminal intent.

Offline austingirl

« Reply #320 on: November 06, 2017, 04:46:09 pm »
Wearing the black mask with white skull face is creepy.

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #321 on: November 06, 2017, 04:48:19 pm »

Sources I read say he dropped the rifle and switched to pistol at that point.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #322 on: November 06, 2017, 04:50:42 pm »
 Good Morning America‏Verified account @GMA 2m2 minutes ago

NEW: Deceased victims inside TX church range from 18 months to 77 years old, Texas public safety official says
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline RetBobbyMI

« Reply #323 on: November 06, 2017, 04:53:09 pm »
Kelley was once a member of the US Air Force, spokeswoman Ann Stefanek said. He served in logistics readiness at Holloman Air Force Base in New Mexico, starting in 2010.

Kelley was court-martialed in 2012 for two counts of Article 128 of the Uniform Code of Military Justice, assault on his spouse and assault on their child, Stefanek said. Kelley received a bad conduct discharge, confinement for 12 months and a reduction in rank, she said. The Air Force did not provide a date of the discharge.

Kelley is accused of killing 26 people, including the 14-year-old daughter of the church's pastor, and injuring more.

A man who lives next door to the church grabbed his own gun and approached Kelley as he was leaving after the shooting. The gunman dropped a rifle in front of the church and fled in his car, officials said.

Kelley was found dead in his car from a gunshot wound about eight miles from the church, according to a law enforcement official. It's not clear if he shot himself or if the neighbor shot him.

Kelley purchased the Ruger AR-556 rifle in April 2016 from an Academy Sports & Outdoors store in San Antonio.

When Kelley filled out the background check paperwork at the store, he checked the box to indicate he didn't have disqualifying criminal history, the official said. He listed an address in Colorado Springs, Colorado when he bought the rifle, the official said.
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #324 on: November 06, 2017, 04:54:16 pm »
 Kelley served in the Air Force from 2010 until 2014 and worked in the logistics readiness department at Holloman Air Force Base in New Mexico.

He was court-martialed in 2012 on charges of assault on his spouse and on their child. He received a bad conduct discharge, confinement for 12 months and a reduction of his military status.

more info here
http://abcnews.go.com/US/texas-church-shooting-random-act-violence-governor/story?id=50958603
Support the USO