Author Topic: 'Mass shooting' reported at Sutherland Springs church in Texas  (Read 36460 times)

Offline musiclady

Re: 'Mass shooting' reported at Sutherland Springs church in Texas
« Reply #225 on: November 06, 2017, 02:55:10 am »
That' what I've been  saying. It's like something has been set in motion and somthing very wicked and feom the pits of Hell set lose.   Evil like this, Sandy Hook,  and Las Vegas with no explaination other than a pure evil taking over troubled souls.

This is exactly what's happening.

It is demonic............................... and gun control won't do a blasted thing to stop it.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline corbe

« Reply #226 on: November 06, 2017, 02:55:13 am »
   This little town is in the midst of their annual Wurstfest and it has been kicked in the gut again, it's a very tight Community. 

This was 7 Months ago on a First Baptist Community event that ended in similar depravity
[img img=300]http://texashillcountry.com/wp-content/uploads/17554484_1843133079237437_6448928394107076285_n-680x390.jpg[/img]
« Last Edit: November 06, 2017, 02:57:18 am by corbe »
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline KingsX

• Be yourself. No one can say you're doing it wrong.
« Reply #227 on: November 06, 2017, 03:06:13 am »

Click on the image. It should enlarge it

It mentions not just an agenda... but a hidden agenda.

When I first saw the church's logo on facebook... three guesses what it reminded me of...

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTeHrlBQHexjqpjPTXz7XQxUAqAjQ5_GrSbvwe88FFTTzYEw5Flg4OE8pQ

« Last Edit: November 06, 2017, 03:08:06 am by KingsX »

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #228 on: November 06, 2017, 03:08:10 am »
Now on Fox- shooter was court-martialed for attacking spouse and assault on his child- in the brig for a year.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #229 on: November 06, 2017, 03:09:16 am »
There was a bus shot up in California in the last day, 1 dead, sounded like it could have been worse, not even posted here:

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/california-party-bus-shooting-leaves-dead-wounded-50934341

Really, quite a few of these stories.

This "party bus" sounds like the Hip Hop crowd, I heard they do this or rent limousines when they are out having a good time.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #230 on: November 06, 2017, 03:14:37 am »
This "party bus" sounds like the Hip Hop crowd, I heard they do this or rent limousines when they are out having a good time.

Dude. You "hear" they do this? There is no GD way you are from this country.

Offline Mom MD

« Reply #231 on: November 06, 2017, 03:19:13 am »
By making them suffer painful deaths at the hand of a mass murderer's bullets? EVERY SINGLE PERSON IN THAT CHURCH SUFFERED INJURIES. No one was spared. That kind of wholesale massacre has not been seen since Sodom!

And God did nothing.

That leaves only three possibilities: 1: The church was wholly evil; 2: God is evil; 3: There is no God.

4.  God has allowed humans free will including the freedom to choose evil because He sees the ultimate outcome is worth it.  Don’t forget we don’t see the whole story on this side of death.  In addition God Himself became one of us and took our suffering on Himself so He is hardly aloof from us.  God was very present in that Church today.  He will bring His purposes to pass.  Just because we do not perceive His action doesn’t mean He wasn’t there.  His ways are beyond our comprehension but I know my Savior well enough to trust Him explicitly even when I don’t understand
God is still in control

Offline corbe

« Reply #232 on: November 06, 2017, 03:23:34 am »
   As @jmyrlefuller alluded to earlier
    I know personally some of you have a very strong Faith in your Creator and no one respects that more than me and from this you derive the strength that carries you through these more frequent perilous times but others of us still wonder WTF is going on with all this senseless killing, especially in our backyard.
    I don't want or expect an answer to my question on this Thread, it's already been addressed, but it is a valid concern of all Humankind.

*Twin Peaks Waco 5/2015
« Last Edit: November 06, 2017, 03:27:43 am by corbe »
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline cato potatoe

« Reply #233 on: November 06, 2017, 03:28:41 am »
I really hope that more churches will train their ushers to deal with characters like this, and will make sure that one or more of them is packing heat.  That's the way it has been at our church for many years.  It's sad, but that is the world we live in.

Offline corbe

« Reply #234 on: November 06, 2017, 03:38:46 am »
   We can't even walk into their mosque's with our shoes on. 
   Texas Churches (most) will be packing MORE heat.

Offline Mom MD

« Reply #235 on: November 06, 2017, 03:48:19 am »
   We can't even walk into their mosque's with our shoes on. 
   Texas Churches (most) will be packing MORE heat.

Not just Texas churches I assure you.
God is still in control

Offline austingirl

« Reply #236 on: November 06, 2017, 03:49:38 am »
Someone on Fox was talking about the chief of police of Sutherland Springs. No clue. They have the Wilson County sheriff and the Texas Rangers to investigate. Of course, the FBI showed up immediately.

Wonder if his wife was from this town?
« Last Edit: November 06, 2017, 03:50:38 am by austingirl »

Offline austingirl

« Reply #237 on: November 06, 2017, 03:57:33 am »
Someone on Fox was talking about the chief of police of Sutherland Springs. No clue. They have the Wilson County sheriff and the Texas Rangers to investigate. Of course, the FBI showed up immediately.

Wonder if his wife was from this town?

Wife is Danielle Lee Shields- I found her on FB and she is from Sutherland Springs TX and lives there currently.

Offline threadbender

« Reply #238 on: November 06, 2017, 03:57:47 am »
@KingsX

Another. Sept. 10 

Still getting the hang of posting here!

On FB, it doesn't show the date of the "like". It shows the date of the post. That is why you will sometimes see an old photo or post bumped to the top. Someone has clicked the "like" button.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #239 on: November 06, 2017, 04:00:58 am »
It would be hard to eliminate soft targets, you can just make it harder for the shooter.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #240 on: November 06, 2017, 04:03:29 am »

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=rwYd2kIZxk4

Interview with one of the citizens involved in stopping the carnage.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline AllThatJazzZ

• Adopt your next pet, preferably a senior.
« Reply #241 on: November 06, 2017, 04:50:08 am »
That' what I've been  saying. It's like something has been set in motion and somthing very wicked and feom the pits of Hell set lose.   Evil like this, Sandy Hook,  and Las Vegas with no explaination other than a pure evil taking over troubled souls.

@NavyCanDo
@musiclady

2 Timothy Chapter 3 (KJV)

1 This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.

2 For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,

3 Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good,

4 Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;

5 Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.

6 For of this sort are they which creep into houses, and lead captive silly women laden with sins, led away with divers lusts,

7 Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.

8 Now as Jannes and Jambres withstood Moses, so do these also resist the truth: men of corrupt minds, reprobate concerning the faith.

9 But they shall proceed no further: for their folly shall be manifest unto all men, as theirs also was.

10 But thou hast fully known my doctrine, manner of life, purpose, faith, longsuffering, charity, patience,

11 Persecutions, afflictions, which came unto me at Antioch, at Iconium, at Lystra; what persecutions I endured: but out of them all the Lord delivered me.

12 Yea, and all that will live godly in Christ Jesus shall suffer persecution.

13 But evil men and seducers shall wax worse and worse, deceiving, and being deceived.

14 But continue thou in the things which thou hast learned and hast been assured of, knowing of whom thou hast learned them;

15 And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.

16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

17 That the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2017, 05:12:22 am by AllThatJazzZ »

A government big enough to give you everything you want
is a government big enough to take away everything you have.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #242 on: November 06, 2017, 05:07:22 am »
The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who in the name of charity and goodwill shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #243 on: November 06, 2017, 05:15:55 am »
The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who in the name of charity and goodwill shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee.

It was a fun movie.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #244 on: November 06, 2017, 05:36:06 am »
I'd like to say too, @KingsX 's gentle spirit and kindness are a big plus here too.

I like @KingsX

She makes me think, which is a good thing, plus her avatar is lovely.
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline KingsX

« Reply #245 on: November 06, 2017, 05:44:12 am »

I'd like to say too, @KingsX 's gentle spirit and kindness are a big plus here too.

lol

Not exactly the descriptive terms I am used to here.

I'm made in the mold of Elijah and Ezekiel.

Calling of Ezekiel

I am sending you to them who are stubborn and obstinate children,
and you shall say to them, 'Thus says the Lord GOD.'

As for them, whether they listen or not - for they are a rebellious house -
they will know that a prophet has been among them.

Offline KingsX

« Reply #246 on: November 06, 2017, 05:46:10 am »

I like @KingsX

You are the one with a kind and gentle spirit.

« Last Edit: November 06, 2017, 05:46:39 am by KingsX »

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #247 on: November 06, 2017, 05:55:09 am »
4.  God has allowed humans free will including the freedom to choose evil because He sees the ultimate outcome is worth it.  Don’t forget we don’t see the whole story on this side of death.  In addition God Himself became one of us and took our suffering on Himself so He is hardly aloof from us.  God was very present in that Church today.  He will bring His purposes to pass.  Just because we do not perceive His action doesn’t mean He wasn’t there.  His ways are beyond our comprehension but I know my Savior well enough to trust Him explicitly even when I don’t understand

Ok. Not a religious thread but my two cents. When my dad was 18 he was drafted at the end of WW II to help clean up Germany and help those people who were in a camp. He was trained as a medic.

He saw the absolute worst in humanity with those who survived that camp. The walking dead, you know? Can you imagine what that left on an 18 year old boy who never left Brooklyn except to go to see Yankees games? He'd never even been to NJ!

It would either make his faith go away, or get stronger. For him, the latter. I had some very horrible things happen to me that tested me, and I came to the opposite conclusion. I'm glad I realized my error and went back.

We all have shit thrown at us. I wish to the heavens we didn't. My heart breaks for this town and this people. Loosing a child is about the absolute worst thing that can happen to a parent. There's evil under the sun, according to the Bible.

You just have to look for the good. Sunrises, kittens, puppies, new babies, chocolate, falling in love. The smell of rain. Planets and stars. I don't understand G-d. But I'm grateful for his creations. And I've read Ecclesiastes. (Or listened to the Byrds)
« Last Edit: November 06, 2017, 05:56:45 am by Freya »
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #248 on: November 06, 2017, 06:01:19 am »
I like @KingsX

I like the avatar too, but I can't figure the hat out.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #249 on: November 06, 2017, 06:04:19 am »

You are the one with a kind and gentle spirit.

There's a story behind the Cardinal.  Ask her about it.
I will NOT comply.