Author Topic: Report: Attorney General Jeff Sessions Recuses Himself From Uranium One Investigation….  (Read 1512 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Report: Attorney General Jeff Sessions Recuses Himself From Uranium One Investigation….
Posted on November 3, 2017   by sundance

If this stunning report is true it confirms many opinions in how AG Jeff Sessions is entirely incapable of carrying out the duty of a U.S. Attorney General.   The report comes from Breitbart Media conveying information received from congressman Matt Gaetz (R-FL).

According to the information from representative Gaetz, Attorney General Jeff Sessions announced to members of the House Judiciary Committee he was recusing himself from anything to do with the 2016 election, Russia, or any participant or ancillary member attached to the 2016 election, including Hillary Clinton, which also includes any prior activity from any person or interest -regardless of time of occurrence- that intersects with any person, entity or individual in the sphere of the 2016 election.

more
https://theconservativetreehouse.com/2017/11/03/report-attorney-general-jeff-sessions-recuses-himself-from-uranium-one-investigation/#more-140763
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Time for Sessions to go...
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Sad-Sack Bergdahl walks, and Hillary's off the hook for the Crime of the Century.  Not a bad day's work, for a Friday.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline RoosGirl

Just like he said he would.

Online corbe

Has anyone considered the fact that Sessions believes in the rule of LAW and being an early Engineer on the Trump Train, is not gonna stick his neck out there to get chopped off. He never came across to me as stupid (other than that early Trump endorsement).  If Trump shakes up his DOJ a year into his first term it's gonna cost a lot as to what he gets done in his second year, terrible optics everywhere. 
   If only twitter would update his character limit we could avoid a bloodbath.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online libertybele

Indeed!  I've been saying that for quite awhile now...as well as Rosenstein and Mueller.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online libertybele

Has anyone considered the fact that Sessions believes in the rule of LAW and being an early Engineer on the Trump Train, is not gonna stick his neck out there to get chopped off. He never came across to me as stupid (other than that early Trump endorsement).  If Trump shakes up his DOJ a year into his first term it's gonna cost a lot as to what he gets done in his second year, terrible optics everywhere. 

Come on, IF Sessions truly believed in the rule of law, he would have never appointed a Deputy AG who had worked for both Clinton and Bammy and certainly should have squelched the appointment of Mueller who also has Clinton/Bammy ties.  Certainly he knew darn well of the Uranium One scandal before he appointed them and he certainly knew full well of Rosenstein's involvement as well as Muellers....but here we sit, with Sessions allowing investigations of his boss but not Clinton.  Seriously? Sessions is trying to save his own neck right now, and if Trump were smart he'd relieve him of his duties ASAP.  Trump needs to shake up his DOJ before the mid terms and get a team who is going to serve this country and help him drain the swamp instead of hanging on to all the swamp creatures that are already in the DOJ including Sessions himself.  IF Trump were to appoint a new AG that was worth a darn and started making some headway in getting Hillary indicted, you would see voter turn out during the mid terms larger than anytime in history and there would be absolutely no doubt that the GOP would retain their majority.  Trump needs to realize that if the GOP loses the majority in the House, impeachment proceedings against him are almost certain and at that point, even if the GOP manages to hold on to the Senate, they sure as heck aren't going to save him.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline DB

It might have been nice to appoint an Attorney General that wasn't from the highest levels of the swamp bringing in the conflicts of interest that go with that...

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Yeah, it bugs me that with all this swamp-draining talk the best that could be come up with were Sessions and Mueller.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline bilo

No kidding!

He is a "yuge" disappointment. He keeps playing into the Rat strategy to destroy the Pub admn. He recused himself from the Russia investigation which led to a career Rat appointing a career Rat special prosecutror who then hired a staff dominated with career Rats. Now the real issue that needs to be investigated and would force Muellar and several of his Rat prosecutors to have to recuse themselves is going to be decided by a career DOJ Rat.

We win elections and we still lose.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline bilo

What Pres. Trump should have taught all the Pubs by now is if you want to win to hell with the optics fight and keep on fighting. Sessions is too much of a gentleman. He should care less about public opinion and should start kicking some rear ends. If he can't do that step aside and get someone who will.

Offline bilo

Come on, IF Sessions truly believed in the rule of law, he would have never appointed a Deputy AG who had worked for both Clinton and Bammy and certainly should have squelched the appointment of Mueller who also has Clinton/Bammy ties.  Certainly he knew darn well of the Uranium One scandal before he appointed them and he certainly knew full well of Rosenstein's involvement as well as Muellers....but here we sit, with Sessions allowing investigations of his boss but not Clinton.  Seriously? Sessions is trying to save his own neck right now, and if Trump were smart he'd relieve him of his duties ASAP. Trump needs to shake up his DOJ before the mid terms and get a team who is going to serve this country and help him drain the swamp instead of hanging on to all the swamp creatures that are already in the DOJ including Sessions himself.  IF Trump were to appoint a new AG that was worth a darn and started making some headway in getting Hillary indicted, you would see voter turn out during the mid terms larger than anytime in history and there would be absolutely no doubt that the GOP would retain their majority.  Trump needs to realize that if the GOP loses the majority in the House, impeachment proceedings against him are almost certain and at that point, even if the GOP manages to hold on to the Senate, they sure as heck aren't going to save him.

:amen:

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
IMHO, Sessions should have advised Trump that he wouldn't touch anything to do with Russia from the start, before the nomination for the post. This is like taking a slaughtering job at a poultry plant, and then informing your boss after you are hired that you are deathly allergic to feathers.

If he can't effectively perform the duties of his office, it is time to step down and let someone in who can and will do the job.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline goodwithagun

Sheesh! Who hired this loser?
I stand with Roosgirl.

Online libertybele

Sheesh! Who hired this loser?

I won't tell, but when he did I shook my head and commented that it was a HUGE mistake.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Hannity reporting Sessions has NOT recused himself....on the Uranium One issue
Support the USO

Offline ConservativeGranny

My first thought was that Trump had crossed boundaries so many times now with Sessions that his only option is to recuse himself. Furthermore tomorrow Trump may change his mind about Hillary again and leave Sessions blowing in the wind.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Come on, IF Sessions truly believed in the rule of law, he would have never appointed a Deputy AG who had worked for both Clinton and Bammy and certainly should have squelched the appointment of Mueller who also has Clinton/Bammy ties.  Certainly he knew darn well of the Uranium One scandal before he appointed them and he certainly knew full well of Rosenstein's involvement as well as Muellers....but here we sit, with Sessions allowing investigations of his boss but not Clinton.  Seriously? Sessions is trying to save his own neck right now, and if Trump were smart he'd relieve him of his duties ASAP.  Trump needs to shake up his DOJ before the mid terms and get a team who is going to serve this country and help him drain the swamp instead of hanging on to all the swamp creatures that are already in the DOJ including Sessions himself.  IF Trump were to appoint a new AG that was worth a darn and started making some headway in getting Hillary indicted, you would see voter turn out during the mid terms larger than anytime in history and there would be absolutely no doubt that the GOP would retain their majority.  Trump needs to realize that if the GOP loses the majority in the House, impeachment proceedings against him are almost certain and at that point, even if the GOP manages to hold on to the Senate, they sure as heck aren't going to save him.

Good post.  I don't see how Sessions can justify recusing himself from everything and just throwing his hands up.  If he doesn't have the courage to do his job or doesn't think he should for some obscure reason, then appoint someone who can and will.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline goodwithagun

I won't tell, but when he did I shook my head and commented that it was a HUGE mistake.

You misspelled yuge.
I stand with Roosgirl.

Online corbe

DOJ Sources: Sessions Has Not Recused Himself from Potential Uranium One Probe

Sessions could recommend internal DOJ investigation into Uranium One deal or appoint outside special counsel

BY:  Susan Crabtree   
November 3, 2017 10:40 pm

Department of Justice (DOJ) sources disputed reports late Friday that Attorney General Jeff Sessions has recused himself from decisions involving potential investigations into alleged corruption surrounding a deal that gave Russia control of a large portion of U.S. uranium-mining capacity.

DOJ officials told the Free Beacon that Sessions has not recused himself from deciding how the Justice Department should respond to recent reports raising questions about the Obama administration’s approval of a 2010 purchase of Uranium One, which controlled 20 percent of U.S. uranium, by Russian energy company Rosatam.

Sessions, in his role as attorney general, could recommend an internal DOJ investigation into the matter or appoint an outside special counsel to handle it.

<..snip..>

http://freebeacon.com/politics/doj-sources-sessions-not-recused-potential-uranium-one-probe/
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
He should resign............apparently he is unable to actually perform the duties of his office, which makes him a thief for taking pay he is not earning.

Online libertybele

Sessions could recommend internal DOJ investigation into Uranium One deal or appoint outside special counsel

Department of Justice (DOJ) sources disputed reports late Friday that Attorney General Jeff Sessions has recused himself from decisions involving potential investigations into alleged corruption surrounding a deal that gave Russia control of a large portion of U.S. uranium-mining capacity.

DOJ officials told the Free Beacon that Sessions has not recused himself from deciding how the Justice Department should respond to recent reports raising questions about the Obama administration’s approval of a 2010 purchase of Uranium One, which controlled 20 percent of U.S. uranium, by Russian energy company Rosatam.

Sessions, in his role as attorney general, could recommend an internal DOJ investigation into the matter or appoint an outside special counsel to handle it.

<..snip..>

http://freebeacon.com/politics/doj-sources-sessions-not-recused-potential-uranium-one-probe/

Sessions could recommend an internal DOJ investigation??? Gee ... how has the worked out so far? NOT!

Online libertybele

Hannity reporting Sessions has NOT recused himself....on the Uranium One issue

Whether he has recused himself or not at this point is irrelevant...his appointment of Rosenstein speaks volumes and his comments that in essence Rosenstein can investigate himself says it all.  Sessions IS part of the swamp.  Fire him!

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

That article does more to muddy the waters than clear them.  He told Congressmen in September he's recused and refused to discuss the Uranium deal (abruptly ended the meeting in so doing), and a month later he told Grassley the DoJ is going to "do something" with it, possibly appoint another special Prosecutor, which would also be a recusal, maybe.

Sessions is trying to split a baby here.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2017, 02:24:44 pm by Cyber Liberty »
I will NOT comply.

Offline DB

Refusing to discuss the uranium-one deal maybe good news. It may mean that it is actively being investigated and doesn't want to provide any warning of it. Maybe...

Thinking about it, perhaps it is already known that it is being investigated by insiders and that's why Donna Brazile and others to follow are trying to distance themselves and perhaps the DNC from what's coming.

Who knows...
« Last Edit: November 04, 2017, 10:04:56 pm by DB »