Author Topic: Do GOP retirements threaten the Republican majority in House? By Rick Moran  (Read 455 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
November 3, 2017
Do GOP retirements threaten the Republican majority in House?
By Rick Moran

excerpt:
It will take more than the unpopularity of President Trump to boot the Republicans from their position in the majority. It takes viable candidates, lots of money, and a platform to run on. Republican gains in the 2010 and 2014 off year elections was the result of hard work finding suitable candidates, raising gobs of cash, and most importantly, having an agenda that resonated with the voters. Democrats have so far, failed in each of those categories, although they still have time to rectify the situation.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
The question:
"Do GOP retirements threaten the Republican majority in House?"

The response:
No. Of course not.
Run solid candidates in the retiree's districts, and we will keep the seats.

What's so hard about that?

Offline Concerned

From the story referenced in the OP:

"Barring a 2010-like wave election, the Republican majorities will probably narrow some, but they should be able to hang on to control."

I agree that Republicans will PROBABLY hold onto the majority, but it'll likely narrow.  Given their lack of legislative achievements to date, I doubt things will get easier legislatively if there's a narrower majority.
I adore facts and data and abhor lies and liars.

Offline libertybele

There are some RINO's leaving which is always a good thing, but the problem is of course, who does the GOP have to replace them? If the GOP doesn't start delivering on promises made to the American people I don't see much interest in the mid-terms which could be a disaster for the GOP.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Applewood

What threatens the Republican majority in both houses of congress is the broken promises.  They are banking on conservatives, in particular, to just go the lesser of 2 evils route and vote for whichever lying crook they put up as a candidate.  They think, after all, what is the alternative? Vote for Democrats? 

I believe Republicans are in for a rude awakening. Voters are finding out there are alternatives, even if one of the alternatives is to stay home on election day.