Author Topic: Daylight saving time ending, so change your clocks again Opposition building to longtime practice of adjusting to sunlight  (Read 2746 times)

Online corbe

Great Story there @bigheadfred but I'd still like to know who died and appointed me pollster, my track record is terrible over in that Category and I usually get in trouble.

Just now I had a Good piece from Pulitzer prize wannabe Susan Wright and didn't know whether to bury it in the 2012 Romney Archive or just throw it in Scandal and take the usual heat from some Briefers, I choice the later. 
    It is a beautiful, radiant moon in the Texas Hill Country, the deer are ruttin and it's driving my dogs crazy.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
    Great Story there @bigheadfred but I'd still like to know who died and appointed me pollster, my track record is terrible over in that Category and I usually get in trouble.

Just now I had a Good piece from Pulitzer prize wannabe Susan Wright and didn't know whether to bury it in the 2012 Romney Archive or just throw it in Scandal and take the usual heat from some Briefers, I choice the later. 
    It is a beautiful, radiant moon in the Texas Hill Country, the deer are ruttin and it's driving my dogs crazy.

It was the free weed thing.

There ain't no free weed. Put out some bread for the weed or the circus turns into a shitshow.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online corbe

It was the free weed thing.

There ain't no free weed. Put out some bread for the weed or the circus turns into a shitshow.

Exactly. :silly:
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline SkyKing

Since people can now be what ever sex they feel like today, why can't we go by whatever time we want?  22222frying pan

Offline verga

I don't know about others, but my dogs are always screwed up for days after time changes, it totally disrupts their feeding routine, nothing worse than a sad eyed dog looking at you with recrimination because it thinks it's feeding time no matter what the dang clock says.
For the record, mine as far as mine ae concerned it is always feeding time.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Around here it's difficult to tell where the yard ends and the pasture begins!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Ah, the nuance of daylight savings.

I personally like being able to see daylight in the morning when I wake up, so the annual fall-back ritual doesn't bother me. Perhaps a little idea: instead of hitting us with the one-fell-swoop change, perhaps our TV outlets and entertainment/sports companies would be wise to consider a staggered approach: anything that falls on the Saturday before daylight saving time begins or ends, move the start time a half-hour toward the change. (Don't necessarily change the clocks twice, just the scheduling of things.) So, for example, college football games: if they usually start at noon, move it back to 12:30 for today. That way, people can ease into the change over two days instead of jumping on one.

That'd take a lot of cooperation, though.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
skeeter wrote:
"I'd rather deal with a little darkness in the morning than pitch darkness at 5:30pm."

I'm with you.
I like things as they are...  "spring forward, fall back".

If states start "opting out", it's gonna become nothin' but trouble for train, plane, bus schedules.

A total chaos about "what time it was" in differing states/areas back in the days when all trains had to run on were timetables and watches is what brought about "standardized time" in the first place...

We deal with it in AZ, no biggie.  What bugs me is that Daylight Savings runs for over half the year.  Tells me we have the clocks wrong in the first place.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Oceander

Pick one or the other and stick with it.  I get so sick of the changes.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Pick one or the other and stick with it.  I get so sick of the changes.

:amen:  I managed to live for a long while before anyone came up with the entirely STUPID idea of screwing around with the clocks twice a year!

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline thackney

I've been waiting for weeks for this change.   I am sick and tired of waking up and walking the dogs in total darkness before I go to work.   I'm sure the dogs will appreciate a little sunlight on their a.m. sniffin' sojourn as well.

I have just the opposite view, hating the standard leaving me in the dark after work.  My day starts at 4:45 am, so it is due to long work days, not a late start.
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
We deal with it in AZ, no biggie.  What bugs me is that Daylight Savings runs for over half the year.  Tells me we have the clocks wrong in the first place.
Consider that we don't center our lives around noon. Even standard first-shift work is "9 to 5," and we hardly do anything before but so much after.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline roamer_1

I have just the opposite view, hating the standard leaving me in the dark after work.  My day starts at 4:45 am, so it is due to long work days, not a late start.

Hell, I got you both beat -DST or not, a month from now it will be dark till 8:30 am and dark at 4:30 pm - So moving the clock around is just a big waste of time.

Offline thackney

Hell, I got you both beat -DST or not, a month from now it will be dark till 8:30 am and dark at 4:30 pm - So moving the clock around is just a big waste of time.

We used to live in Alaska.  Daylight savings was really silly there with the dawn and dusk moving nearly a half hour per week at times.
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
We used to live in Alaska.  Daylight savings was really silly there with the dawn and dusk moving nearly a half hour per week at times.

Silly everywhere IMHO!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online corbe

I can't believe I'm the only Drunk here to bring up the one advantage to this DST bullshit in the fall.

From TABC (Texas Alcoholic Beverage Commission)
6.How does the time changes for Day Light Savings Time affect the hours of sale and consumption?

In the fall when the time changes at 2:00 a.m., licensees and permittees may sell for an additional hour because the legal time is 1:00 a.m., instead of 2:00 a.m., at that point in time. In the spring, when Day Light Savings Time takes place, the legal time is 3:00 a.m. when the time changes. Technically, no one should be publicly consuming or selling alcoholic beverages at that time. TABC agents have traditionally given patrons the 15 minutes they have under the extended hours definition to consume the remainder of the drinks legally purchased before 2:00 a.m.