Author Topic: Vanity Fair: Trump blaming Kushner for Mueller investigation  (Read 448 times)

Offline corbe

Vanity Fair: Trump blaming Kushner for Mueller investigation
« on: November 01, 2017, 10:04:51 pm »
Vanity Fair: Trump blaming Kushner for Mueller investigation

By Rebecca Savransky - 11/01/17 02:02 PM EDT

President Trump is reportedly blaming White House adviser Jared Kushner for his role in decisions that led to the appointment of special counsel Robert Mueller, according to a new report by Vanity Fair.

In a call Tuesday to former White House chief strategist Stephen Bannon, Trump put blame on Kushner for the part he took in choices to fire former national security adviser Michael Flynn and former FBI director James Comey, Vanity Fair reported.

Roger Stone, a longtime Trump ally, also recently said Kushner wasn't giving Trump good advice — a sentiment which Trump reportedly agreed with, according to someone familiar with the conversation.

<..snip..>

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/358248-vanity-fair-trump-blaming-kushner-for-mueller-investigation
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Frank Cannon

Re: Vanity Fair: Trump blaming Kushner for Mueller investigation
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2017, 10:10:46 pm »
I hate this dirtbag slumlord Kushner as much as anybody, but this is shady reporting at best. We have one named source making a general statement from his bitter point of view and we are supposed to believe Donny is blaming him? Sounds more like sour grapes pissing and moaning to me. I also would like to know how a private conversation a day ago between Donny and Bannon is common knowledge.

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2017, 10:36:18 pm »
The actual Vanity Fair article cited by The Hill:

“YOU CAN’T GO ANY LOWER”: INSIDE THE WEST WING, TRUMP IS APOPLECTIC AS ALLIES FEAR IMPEACHMENT
After Monday’s indictments, the president blamed Jared Kushner in a call to Steve Bannon, while
others are urging him to take off the gloves with Robert Mueller.

As Mueller moves to interview West Wing aides in the coming days, advisers are lobbying for Trump to
consider a range of stratagems to neutralize Mueller, from conciliation to a declaration of all-out war. One
Republican explained Trump’s best chance for survival is to get his poll numbers up. Trump’s lawyer Ty Cobb
has been advocating the view that playing ball will lead to a quick resolution (Cobb did not respond to a
request for comment). But these soft-power approaches are being criticized by Trump allies including Steve
Bannon and Roger Stone, who both believe establishment Republicans are waiting for a chance to impeach
Trump. “The establishment has proven time and time again they will bleep Trump over,” a Bannon ally told
me.

In a series of phone calls with Trump on Monday and Tuesday, Bannon told the president to shake up the
legal team by installing an aggressive lawyer above Cobb, according to two sources briefed on the call.
Bannon has also discussed ways to pressure Congress to defund Mueller’s investigation or limit its scope.
“Mueller shouldn’t be allowed to be a clean shot on goal,” a Bannon confidant told me. “He must be
contested and checked. Right now he has unchecked power.”
« Last Edit: November 01, 2017, 10:38:40 pm by EasyAce »

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline corbe

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2017, 11:02:19 pm »
   Anyway that I can sneak in 'My Lovely', even in relation to the OP, a bonus, avoids most of her haters.

Trump Allies Fear the President May Fall to an Impeachment Vote

By Susan Wright  |  November 1, 2017, 06:30pm  |  @SweetieWalker

When Steve Bannon is in damage control mode, rather than damage creation mode, it may be time to worry.

According to a report from Vanity Fair, there is some concern from two of President Trump’s allies that recent developments are pointing to impeachment.

Bannon reportedly believes Trump’s hold on power is slipping in the wake of recent legislative failures. According to Vanity Fair, he recently did a “spitball analysis” of the president’s Cabinet to see who would remain loyal to Trump if the 25th Amendment were invoked, and is unsure if Trump would survive an impeachment vote.
“One thing Steve wants Trump to do is take this more seriously,” a Bannon confidant told the magazine. “Stop joking around. Stop tweeting.”

I don’t know that the president is joking around, or that he can stop tweeting. It’s like an obsession with him, at this point. Obviously.

One thing Bannon has been pushing for behind the scenes is for President Trump to cut the funding to special counsel Robert Mueller’s Russia investigation, regarding Russia’s meddling in the 2016 election.

<..snip..>

http://theresurgent.com/trump-allies-fear-the-president-may-fall-to-an-impeachment-vote/
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline EasyAce

« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2017, 11:09:12 pm »
I don’t know that the president is joking around, or that he can stop tweeting. It’s like an obsession with him, at this point. Obviously.
Twitter is Donaldus Minimus's crack cocaine, alas.

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2017, 01:47:25 pm »
I hate this dirtbag slumlord Kushner as much as anybody, but this is shady reporting at best. We have one named source making a general statement from his bitter point of view and we are supposed to believe Donny is blaming him? Sounds more like sour grapes pissing and moaning to me. I also would like to know how a private conversation a day ago between Donny and Bannon is common knowledge.

Agree .... plus I find it helps to take anything reported about Bannon and the Kushners with a spoonful of salt.

Offline EasyAce

« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2017, 04:28:05 pm »
Agree .... plus I find it helps to take anything reported about Bannon and the Kushners with a spoonful of salt.
Regarding Bannon, you have to take him with a pillar of salt.