Author Topic: Beach graveyard: Libyan town seeks dignity for thousands who died on its shores  (Read 318 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Beach graveyard: Libyan town seeks dignity for thousands who died on its shores
Karlos Zurutuza

Red Crescent workers collect the dead from Zuwara's shoreline, in August 2015 (Reuters)

ZUWARA, Libya - Sadiq Jiash can barely hide his emotion as he sketches out his plans for the first "real" resting place for hundreds, perhaps thousands, of victims of Libya's people-smuggling industry.

"It will be evenly spaced, with bodies buried in groups of 100 which will be numbered," he says, "There will be paths, a surrounding wall, and there will also be a guard. It will be a real cemetery, you know?"

Read more at: http://www.middleeasteye.net/news/libya-migrants-zuwara-graveyard-2002937071

Offline Suppressed

@TomSea I appreciate your efforts in posting a variety of stories that I haven't seen elsewhere.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran

Are the dead "victims" that tried to flee from their Islamic paradise, like East Germans gunned down??
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
"Beach graveyard: Libyan town seeks dignity for thousands who died on its shores"

Put up a sign that says, "stay alive -- don't do it!"