Author Topic: Obama jokes: 'I was born in Kenya'  (Read 5029 times)

Offline DiogenesLamp

Re: Obama jokes: 'I was born in Kenya'
« Reply #50 on: November 02, 2017, 02:08:18 pm »

The issue was:

1. He was born in Hawaii

How do you know that?    Hawaii is unique among the states insofar as you don't actually have to be born there to get a Hawaiian birth certificate.   I don't think any other state allows such nonsense. 

All efforts to get a real document out of Hawaii have proven to be futile,   therefore it makes it appear as if there is some sort of hanky panky going on with his original birth document.   

2. His mom was an American citizen.

Yeah?  So?    Prior to the Cable act of 1922,  women could not transfer citizenship to their children.   1787 is prior to 1922.    The standards in place in 1787 are what we use to determine Presidential eligibility.   

If you are arguing that an act of congress amended the constitution,  then that is just silly. 

Until Trump has proof he wasn't a true American Citizen, I don't buy the birther s**t.

As I have gone over so many times before,   it is not the responsibility of the American people to PROVE a candidate is not eligible for the office of the Presidency.    The responsibility lies with the candidate to prove that he is.   

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Online corbe

« Reply #51 on: November 02, 2017, 03:17:13 pm »
   I'd bet Ms. Fuddy knew, unfortunately she's unavailable for comment.

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #52 on: November 02, 2017, 04:12:18 pm »

Exactly!

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #53 on: November 02, 2017, 04:25:40 pm »

Maybe some of the other Subud members can shed some light on that. Oh, that's right 'Toot' died of cancer while recovering from hip surgery. (Huh? Who puts a hip in someone dying from cancer?)
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #54 on: November 02, 2017, 05:09:17 pm »
Interesting discussion.  First, Obama said what he did recently to continue mocking people.  He's nothing if he isn't a troll.

But I have a more fundamental question:  Where did the word "Birther" come from, and why is it used to describe people who are skeptical about Obama's NBC status?  I have a theory, but I want to see what others think, and if anybody's really interested in my crackpot ideas.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #55 on: November 02, 2017, 05:32:44 pm »
Interesting discussion.  First, Obama said what he did recently to continue mocking people.  He's nothing if he isn't a troll.

But I have a more fundamental question:  Where did the word "Birther" come from, and why is it used to describe people who are skeptical about Obama's NBC status?  I have a theory, but I want to see what others think, and if anybody's really interested in my crackpot ideas.

Did it come from Clinton's campaign?

Offline musiclady

« Reply #56 on: November 02, 2017, 05:34:57 pm »

Well, Hillary was definitely the first person to bring the subject up.....
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Online corbe

« Reply #57 on: November 02, 2017, 06:09:26 pm »
   Correct me if I'm wrong, and I'm sure some Trumper will be along shortly to do just that, respectfully, but didn't Trump start his 'reach out' to Republicans in 2015 with this very issue?
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #58 on: November 02, 2017, 06:17:46 pm »

Nope, the term came from the press, to cast aspersions upon anybody who doubted Obama's status as a NBC.  The word "Birther" was modeled after the word "Truther," in order to cement into peoples minds Birthers were kooks, just like the people who believe conspiracy theories about Bush causing (or let happen) 9-11.

Now, whenever somebody is called or claims to be a "birther," the less informed automatically see in their minds people wearing tinfoil hats and blaming Bush for 9-11. 

It's as Orwellian as it comes when it comes to using a twist of the language to convey a meaning much different than the words themselves imply.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #59 on: November 02, 2017, 06:38:12 pm »

It was derived from the word "Truther"  which was a derogatory term to mock people who thought the World Trade Center disaster was perpetrated by the government.   I believe it mainly came from the members of our side to mock and malign anyone who questioned Obama's eligibility to be President. 

It is yet another example of where our side cannot shut it's f***ing mouth but instead must aid the enemy in mocking other members of our side. 

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #60 on: November 02, 2017, 06:40:34 pm »
Nope, the term came from the press, to cast aspersions upon anybody who doubted Obama's status as a NBC.  The word "Birther" was modeled after the word "Truther," in order to cement into peoples minds Birthers were kooks, just like the people who believe conspiracy theories about Bush causing (or let happen) 9-11.

Now, whenever somebody is called or claims to be a "birther," the less informed automatically see in their minds people wearing tinfoil hats and blaming Bush for 9-11. 

It's as Orwellian as it comes when it comes to using a twist of the language to convey a meaning much different than the words themselves imply.

Ah, you're right.  I'd forgotten all of that.

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #61 on: November 02, 2017, 06:43:43 pm »
   Correct me if I'm wrong, and I'm sure some Trumper will be along shortly to do just that, respectfully, but didn't Trump start his 'reach out' to Republicans in 2015 with this very issue?

Yes.   I have been keeping very informed on the "birther"  issue since 2008,  and I recall when Trump started showing verbal support on the issue.   I thought to myself at the time that it was odd that he would try to make friends with this splinter group of the conservative movement,   but I realized that it cost him absolutely nothing to pretend to take the issue seriously,  and it could win him some friends among the hardest of the hard core conservatives.   

After he said some other things in support of the issue,  I knew he was going to be running for President,  though I didn't think at the time that he would have much success with it.   

In those days you could get banned or suspended from Free Republic just by questioning Cruz's legitimacy.    Jim Rob was hard core Cruz,  and that was that. 

I personally received a warning from him that I was about to be banned if I persisted in questioning Cruz's eligibility. 

— Lord Melbourne —

Online corbe

« Reply #62 on: November 02, 2017, 07:08:25 pm »
 :beer:

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #63 on: November 02, 2017, 07:14:15 pm »

Quote from: DiogenesLamp on November 01, 2017, 11:18:16 AM

Trump plays the game the way they do,  and they are still shell shocked over the fact that he will use their own tactics against them.

Thank you.

As Conservatives we tear into each other at the drop of a doctrinal pin.

"He's no better/different than a Democrat."

Wars are not won by Marquis of Queensbury rules.

I noticed that other people think the same thing. 

DEMOCRATS HATE THAT TRUMP FIGHTS LIKE A DEMOCRAT INSTEAD OF LIKE A REPUBLICAN: Schumer Responds: Trump Always Seems to Politicize and Divide America After National Tragedy. After what was done to Sarah Palin post-Tucson, etc., they can go to Hell.
— Lord Melbourne —

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #64 on: November 02, 2017, 07:24:42 pm »

It was derived from the word "Truther"  which was a derogatory term to mock people who thought the World Trade Center disaster was perpetrated by the government.   I believe it mainly came from the members of our side to mock and malign anyone who questioned Obama's eligibility to be President. 

It is yet another example of where our side cannot shut it's f***ing mouth but instead must aid the enemy in mocking other members of our side.

Percisely.
I will NOT comply.

Offline the_doc

« Reply #65 on: November 02, 2017, 07:30:53 pm »

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #66 on: November 02, 2017, 07:35:35 pm »
I assume you meant perzackly.

'Firmtive.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #67 on: November 02, 2017, 08:17:37 pm »

Yes.   I have been keeping very informed on the "birther"  issue since 2008,  and I recall when Trump started showing verbal support on the issue.   I thought to myself at the time that it was odd that he would try to make friends with this splinter group of the conservative movement,   but I realized that it cost him absolutely nothing to pretend to take the issue seriously,  and it could win him some friends among the hardest of the hard core conservatives.   

After he said some other things in support of the issue,  I knew he was going to be running for President,  though I didn't think at the time that he would have much success with it.   

In those days you could get banned or suspended from Free Republic just by questioning Cruz's legitimacy.    Jim Rob was hard core Cruz,  and that was that. 

I personally received a warning from him that I was about to be banned if I persisted in questioning Cruz's eligibility.

Yes.  Me, too.  It's totally weird.  Jim Rob was a Cruz guy but I was eventually banned for being one.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #68 on: November 02, 2017, 08:20:49 pm »

How do you know that?    Hawaii is unique among the states insofar as you don't actually have to be born there to get a Hawaiian birth certificate.   I don't think any other state allows such nonsense. 

All efforts to get a real document out of Hawaii have proven to be futile,   therefore it makes it appear as if there is some sort of hanky panky going on with his original birth document.   

Hawaii is different.  You got that right.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Online corbe

« Reply #69 on: November 02, 2017, 08:35:14 pm »

Had we not already discussed your Texas roots at lenght @Emjay I'd wonder where the hell you came from, most the time.

:pondering:

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #70 on: November 02, 2017, 08:40:23 pm »

My brother's been living on Oahu since the 80's, so I know what you mean.
I will NOT comply.

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #71 on: November 02, 2017, 09:44:01 pm »
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #72 on: November 02, 2017, 10:04:28 pm »

Back in 2008, I read up on the subject.  It appears the roots of Hawaii's laws that allow for them to issue birth certificates to people who were not actually born in Hawaii stem from the fact that Hawaii is a group of Islands in the middle of the Pacific ocean,  and it was common enough for people to be born on ships in Transit to Hawaii. 

This set the precedent for declaring the Port of Entry as the "place of birth",   and it eventually got extended to the Children of any Hawaiian resident wheresoever born.   Stanley Ann Dunham was a Hawaiian resident,  so she would have been able to obtain a Hawaiian birth certificate no matter where Barrack was born.   

That's why it's not so dispositive in proving Obama was actually born there.   
— Lord Melbourne —

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #73 on: November 02, 2017, 10:10:34 pm »

Back in 2008, I read up on the subject.  It appears the roots of Hawaii's laws that allow for them to issue birth certificates to people who were not actually born in Hawaii stem from the fact that Hawaii is a group of Islands in the middle of the Pacific ocean,  and it was common enough for people to be born on ships in Transit to Hawaii. 

This set the precedent for declaring the Port of Entry as the "place of birth",   and it eventually got extended to the Children of any Hawaiian resident wheresoever born.   Stanley Ann Dunham was a Hawaiian resident,  so she would have been able to obtain a Hawaiian birth certificate no matter where Barrack was born.   

That's why it's not so dispositive in proving Obama was actually born there.

But no one can change the fact that Barrack's father was a British Subject at the time and THAT was the sole determining factor in those days!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #74 on: November 02, 2017, 10:11:59 pm »
Thanks for the link. Such delicious comments.

And This One!

http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/313369

Over the back wall and outta the park.

Jonah Goldberg is usually pretty good.  :) 

Of course my current favorite columnist is Kurt Schlichter.    He's like Ann Coulter,   but he is a lot meaner and doesn't beat around the bush like Ann.   :)

Nothing Makes Liberals Angrier Than Us Normals Insisting On Our Rights
— Lord Melbourne —