Author Topic: Report: NYC Foreign Terror Suspect Entered U.S. with ‘Diversity Visa’ Trump Wants to End  (Read 729 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Report: NYC Foreign Terror Suspect Entered U.S. with ‘Diversity Visa’ Trump Wants to End
Breitbart, Oct 31, 2017, John Binder

<snip>

The Diversity Visa Lottery gives out 50,000 visas every year to foreign nationals from a multitude of countries, including those with known terrorist problems – such as Afghanistan, Algeria, Egypt, Iraq, Lebanon, Libya, Nigeria, Saudi Arabia, Somalia, Syria, Trinidad and Tobago, Venezuela, Yemen, and Uzbekistan.

Trump, though, along with Sen. Tom Cotton (R-AR) and Sen. David Perdue (R-GA), has been calling for an end to the Diversity Visa Lottery program since August. Under the RAISE Act, introduced in February and endorsed by Trump in August, the Diversity Visa Lottery would be eliminated altogether.

<snip>

Just this week, Sen. John McCain (R-AZ) admitted that he did not even bother reading Trump’s immigration priorities, calling the 70-point list that included ending the Diversity Visa Lottery “non-starters.”

More: http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2017/10/31/report-nyc-foreign-terror-suspect-entered-u-s-with-diversity-visa-trump-wants-to-end/

EducatédHillbilly™‏ @RobProvince 3h3 hours ago
Funny... the press demanded my gun rights be taken away after Vegas. Not hearing any calls for immigration crack down tonight.

Offline RetBobbyMI

Of course McLame and his buddy Schumer wouldn’t want to step on any diversity toes. To them, let’s just open our doors to every Tom, Dick and Harry, without any checks to see who they are.
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Offline Applewood

Don't look for congress to do anything about this immediately -- if at all. 

A wall is not enough.  We need to start enforcing the immigration laws on the books.  We may also need new laws to deal with the dangers we face tolday from immigrants. Maybe we need a moratorium on immigration until this country gets its act together and stops letting in anyone and everyone. 

Our citizens cannot be protected from terrorism if we let terrorists into this country. You would think our leaders would know that just from looking at the terror incidents in Europe.  But they are too busy trying to bring in more voters.

Obama's policies of allowing criminals and terrorists into the US must be rescinded NOW, not later when the next terroris act occurs.

And now ... a word from the alternate universe:

Extreme right gins up a culprit for N.Y. terror attack: Chuck Schumer
Washington Post, Nov 1, 2017, Derek Hawkins and Samantha Schmidt

<snip>

Schumer, they claimed, was the brains behind the program and therefore, of course, bears responsibility for the attack. In a flurry of news interviews, blog posts and late night tweets, critics tried to pin blame on the New York Democrat, saying he alone was “responsible” for allowing the 29-year-old suspect’s entry into the country.

Blaming terrorism and violent crime on the nation’s immigration laws is standard right-wing fare. It’s how President Trump has justified his travel ban.

The diversity visa program has been a target of many conservatives for years, with Trump supporting legislation to eliminate it in favor of a “merit-based” immigration system. Associating the New York attack with the diversity visa lottery thus serves a double purpose, advancing their immigration law agenda and bashing Schumer.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2017/11/01/extreme-right-gins-up-a-culprit-for-n-y-terror-attack-chuck-schumer/?utm_term=.181629d2126f

We need this man, he fights ....

Donald J. Trump‏Verified account
@realDonaldTrump 

The terrorist came into our country through what is called the "Diversity Visa Lottery Program," a Chuck Schumer beauty. I want merit based.

4:24 AM - 1 Nov 2017 
5,780 Retweets  17,735 Likes 

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/925684982307348480

Diversity Visa Lottery Program:  Affirmative Action for terrorists.

Offline Applewood

@Right_in_Virginia

Schumer may have put together the diversity lottery program, but all of congress bears the responsibility for passing the bill -- and by extension, they all share the blame for yesterday's incident. No one -- Democrat or Republican -- is innocent in the mess our immigration system is in now.

@Right_in_Virginia

Schumer may have put together the diversity lottery program, but all of congress bears the responsibility for passing the bill -- and by extension, they all share the blame for yesterday's incident. No one -- Democrat or Republican -- is innocent in the mess our immigration system is in now.

While you're correct, my understanding is Schumer was the brain trust.

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
I'm reading my NYC paper earlier with my morning cup of coffee!

Says the SOB was a uber driver. Makes me wonder what background searches companies like uber use other than a clean drivers licence.

Sorry for my language @mystery-ak and mods. He was trying to hurt /kill children....
« Last Edit: November 01, 2017, 12:36:17 pm by Freya »
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline RetBobbyMI

Says the SOB was a uber driver. Makes me wonder what background searches companies like uber use other than a clean drivers licence.

Sorry for my language @mystery-ak and mods. He was trying to hurt /kill children....
Not just in NYC with Uber, but all cab services and in other cities. Have anyone had to tak a cab in DC or the suburbs? You have to draw a map to explain where you want to go because none speak English.
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Offline Applewood

@Freya

I'm a regular Uber customer and have not had a problem with any of the drivers.  I can't say the same about taxi drivers here though. 

I read somewhere that this perp had no significant criminal record.  I don't know what his employment record was though.  I guess that at least some killers are able to lead normal lives with no hint of the trouble that is to come.

Offline Applewood

While you're correct, my understanding is Schumer was the brain trust.

Yes, but my point is that he is not the only culprit. 

Right now though I'm not so much interested in pointing fingers as I am in pushing the idiots in congress to get busy and fix this mess.  And I hope that Trump will be a real leader and use his influence to move congress along.

Offline aligncare

There was no doubt that Donald Trump would go after this program. Swamp draining the federal government is a long and arduous task. So I will give him my support and continue to cheer Donald Trump at every opportunity. I could give a rat’s patootie that Donald Trump’s presentation isn’t “presidential” enough for snow flakes. His actions speak louder than his malaprop and that’s all that counts.

As for the GOP... 9999hair out0000