Author Topic: BREAKING>>> Terror Attack In Manhattan  (Read 5942 times)

Offline Applewood

Re: BREAKING>>> Terror Attack In Manhattan
« Reply #100 on: November 01, 2017, 02:26:30 am »
@Smokin Joe

I'm reading a CBS report of the killings.  They are saying the perp was shot in the abdomen.  LOL

I guess the networks won't say "ass."

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #101 on: November 01, 2017, 02:27:20 am »
@Suppressed

I think the whole "lone wolf" construct is designed to make people feel safer. I don't buy it.
@austingirl

Are you aware of the origins of the term?  If not, please see https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lone_wolf_(terrorism)

I know that it's a new term to many people, but for those of us who've followed terrorism for a while, it's not...and it's very fitting in cases like this.  If this guy was in a command structure, I think this would have been a far more organized and supported attack.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2017, 03:19:08 am by Suppressed »
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #102 on: November 01, 2017, 02:36:03 am »
"A lone wolf, lone-wolf terrorist, or lone actor, is someone who prepares and commits violent acts alone, outside of any command structure and without material assistance from any group. He or she may be influenced or motivated by the ideology and beliefs of an external group and may act in support of such a group."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lone_wolf_%28terrorism%29
Wolves work in packs, rarely alone.

Terrorists like this one are the same.

And there are always people out there who knew the guy's plans.  They will find them.

The 'Alone' part just does not stick if any other person knew about his plans to kill. 
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Concerned

« Reply #103 on: November 01, 2017, 02:53:32 am »
Wolves work in packs, rarely alone.

Terrorists like this one are the same.

And there are always people out there who knew the guy's plans.  They will find them.

The 'Alone' part just does not stick if any other person knew about his plans to kill.

Here's a different source with basically the same definition.  Of course, for some, if a commonly accepted definition of something like "lone wolf terrorist" doesn't support their political argument, no amount of independent sources will be sufficient.  I suspect that's the case here.  See ya!   :seeya:

"In this article the definition proposed by Burton and Stewart in a STRATFOR essay functions as the point of departure. They define a lone wolf as “a person who acts on his or her own without orders from — or even connections to — an organization.”[6] They stress the difference with sleeper cells, arguing that sleepers are operatives who infiltrate the targeted society or organization and then remain dormant until a group or organization orders them to take action. In contrast, “A lone wolf is a stand alone operative who by his very nature is embedded in the targeted society and is capable of self-activation at any time.”[7]. However, by stressing the absence of connections with a broader network or organization, Burton and Stewart neglect the ideological connections individuals might have with other networks or organizations, either through personal contacts or inspirational content on the Internet.

We focus our attention in this article on the operational aspect of lone wolf terrorism. Even though some lone wolves have been linked to larger (underground) networks, such as Baruch Goldstein (who has been linked to Kach) and Timothy McVeigh (who has been linked to several right wing-groups), they decided, planned and performed their act on their own, rather than as having followed instructions from some hierarchical command structure.[8] In our view, a definition of lone wolf terrorism has to be extended to include individuals that are inspired by a certain group but who are not under the orders of any other person, group or network. They might be members of a network, but this network is not a hierarchical organization in the classical sense of the word.[9]"

http://www.terrorismanalysts.com/pt/index.php/pot/article/view/preventing-lone-wolf/html
I adore facts and data and abhor lies and liars.

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #104 on: November 01, 2017, 03:09:37 am »
Here's a different source with basically the same definition.  Of course, for some, if a commonly accepted definition of something like "lone wolf terrorist" doesn't support their political argument, no amount of independent sources will be sufficient.  I suspect that's the case here.  See ya!   :seeya:

@Concerned

Yes, Lou Dobbs is evidently trying to argue via changing a commonly accepted definition -- a high-school debate-team tactic -- to try to rile viewers.  And you're right...once someone's playing fast-and-loose with definitions, then it's ridiculous to try to debate -- or even productively discuss -- anything.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2017, 03:20:50 am by Suppressed »
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #105 on: November 01, 2017, 03:50:33 am »
@Smokin Joe

I'm reading a CBS report of the killings.  They are saying the perp was shot in the abdomen.  LOL

I guess the networks won't say "ass."
I guess they don't want to deal with the confusion of where that ass got shot. :shrug:

What I especially appreciate is that they did not martyr that SOB, and now he can face justice for his crime and his virgins will just have to wait. Deprived of a martyr's death, he has to live by the book until he kicks off (or gets another chance to be a martyr), something they seem pretty poor at. I wish that rodent a long and excruciatingly miserable life. 
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #106 on: November 01, 2017, 04:08:02 am »
Saw an article at the other forum, suspect came in to country per a "diversity" program sponsored by?? I want to say Sen. Chuck Schumer.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #107 on: November 01, 2017, 04:28:29 am »
I guess they don't want to deal with the confusion of where that ass got shot. :shrug:

What I especially appreciate is that they did not martyr that SOB, and now he can face justice for his crime and his virgins will just have to wait. Deprived of a martyr's death, he has to live by the book until he kicks off (or gets another chance to be a martyr), something they seem pretty poor at. I wish that rodent a long and excruciatingly miserable life.

Ordinarily, I too would be OK with the ordinary perp being offed.  Saves the taxpayers money.  But what I would like to see is him being housed in a facility where he would not be accommodated.  No halal food, no Koran, no prayer rug, no break to worship 5 times a day.  Bring back the chain gang.  Put this guy to work in the hot sun 12 hours a day.  How about a box like in the movie Cool Hand Luke? 

And maybe he could be the girlfriend of some big burly guy named Bubba? 

Yes he should spend the rest of his life in misery, not in some country club prison.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #108 on: November 01, 2017, 04:30:20 am »
Saw an article at the other forum, suspect came in to country per a "diversity" program sponsored by?? I want to say Sen. Chuck Schumer.

It's been mentioned here too a page or 2 back. 

When is this country going to realize we can't keep our people safe if we let into our country the enemies who want to kill us?

Offline Mom MD

« Reply #109 on: November 01, 2017, 04:32:59 am »
What gets me is all the news reports are talking about the outreach to truck rental places to help them identify suspicious people attempting to rent trucks.  Can you imagine the outcry and lawsuits against the poor guy that tried to deny a rental truck to someone based on religious or racial profiling?  Give me a break. 

22222frying pan 22222frying pan 22222frying pan
« Last Edit: November 01, 2017, 04:33:56 am by Mom MD »
God is still in control

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #110 on: November 01, 2017, 05:00:47 am »
"Lone Wolf"

Bull Shiite.

These people have networks of family and friends who house and support them.

I'm nominating the "Lone Wolf" meme for a Rachel Corrie Award.

For the guests here who don't know;

Rachel Corrie got herself killed putting herself between an Israeli Bulldozer and a building the families/support groups of terrorists were living in.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #111 on: November 01, 2017, 05:05:13 am »
Many of the "experts" on the tube tonight are calling BS on the concept of lone wolf. Happy to see this.

I am deeply angry that our rulers have brought this to our shores with their idiotic diversity visa. islam is antithetical to our values and principles.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #112 on: November 01, 2017, 05:06:23 am »
"Lone Wolf"

Bull Shiite.

Rachel Corrie got herself killed putting herself between an Israeli Bulldozer and a building the families/support groups of terrorists were living in.

:thumbsup2:
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #113 on: November 01, 2017, 06:07:26 am »
The perp has been a "sleeper" for 7 years, after allowed entry by Pres. Obama, Sec. of State Clinton, AG Holder, Rice, Clapper, Brennan, FBI Comey etc. I wonder how many more there are?

The San Bernardino wife got in and then killed 14 people.

The position of them and their party, was to take unnecessary risks with the lives of honest, hard working God fearing Americans.

Because the terrorists/refugees mattered more to democrats.

One reason Trump was elected is because he is virtually the only Republican to call a muslim terrorist a muslim terrorist, and try to block their entry.

Most Republicans talk out of both sides of their mouths on most issues.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #114 on: November 01, 2017, 07:19:44 am »
@truth_seeker

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.”

I prefer the parody of that line in the 3rd Rambo movie.

"God must love crazy people. He makes so many of them."
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #115 on: November 02, 2017, 02:07:41 pm »
"Lone Wolf"

Bull Shiite.

Those that fervently argue this guy was completely isolated and not one person knew of his attentions are the ones that will get more of us killed.

No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #116 on: November 02, 2017, 02:33:06 pm »
Those that fervently argue this guy was completely isolated and not one person knew of his attentions are the ones that will get more of us killed.
I believe it has already been postulated he did not act alone.

From: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/11/01/nyc-terror-attack-suspect-planned-assault-for-weeks-did-prior-reconnaissance.html
t is not clear whether these investigations were limited to the New York City area or included Florida, where Saipov had lived. One source said Saipov had “close ties...[to] the group he rolled with [who] was known to law enforcement.”

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #117 on: November 02, 2017, 04:20:07 pm »
Why not just shoot him in the head and be done with it.  Now he'll get life in prison that we'll pay for.

And become more of a problem.

Lots of disaffected with America already types inside, BLM etc.

He'll serve as a rallying point to infect more of them with his beliefs, and we'll have more Home Grown terrorism from people who were 'Radicalized' by him.

Either try him in a military court as an enemy combatant and execute him, or put him in solitary where he can't infect more 'Lone Wolfs' [sic]

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #118 on: November 02, 2017, 04:23:44 pm »
And become more of a problem.

Lots of disaffected with America already types inside, BLM etc.

He'll serve as a rallying point to infect more of them with his beliefs, and we'll have more Home Grown terrorism from people who were 'Radicalized' by him.

Either try him in a military court as an enemy combatant and execute him, or put him in solitary where he can't infect more 'Lone Wolfs' [sic]
That's what Gitmo was being used for.

C S Lewis

Offline musiclady

« Reply #119 on: November 02, 2017, 04:33:20 pm »
That's what Gitmo was being used for.

Yep.

Effectively.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.