Author Topic: Kevin Spacey apologizes, comes out as gay after allegation of sexual advance on 14-year-old  (Read 4310 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Kevin Spacey apologizes, comes out as gay after allegation of sexual advance on 14-year-old

By Karma Allen

Oct 30, 2017, 12:42 AM ET

Actor Kevin Spacey said that he has "loved and had romantic encounters with men" and that he chooses "now to live as a gay man," after being accused of a sexual advance on a 14-year-old.

Spacey's remarks came in a tweet posted on Sunday night after "Star Trek: Discovery” star Anthony Rapp alleged that Spacey climbed on top of him in bed when he was just 14 years old.

"I have a lot of respect and admiration for Anthony Rapp as an actor. I'm beyond horrified to hear this story," Spacey said. "I honestly do not remember the encounter ... But if I did behave then as he describes, I owe him the sincerest apology for what would have been deeply inappropriate drunken behavior ..."

more
http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/choose-now-live-gay-man-kevin-spacey-emotional/story?id=50804057
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Machiavelli

• Curmudgeon
  • Realist
Celebrities React With Fury Over Kevin Spacey’s Apology To Anthony Rapp
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2017, 02:14:59 pm »
Celebrities React With Fury Over Kevin Spacey’s Apology To Anthony Rapp

Dominique Mosbergen
HuffPost
October 30, 2017

Celebrities and others were swift and blistering in their condemnation of actor Kevin Spacey’s Twitter apology to fellow actor Anthony Rapp early Monday.

Spacey, 58, issued the statement after a BuzzFeed News report alleged that the “House of Cards” star had sexually harassed Rapp when he was just 14. In his statement, Spacey did not deny the incident but said he could “not remember the encounter.”

More

Online mountaineer

In a huge shock to absolutely no one ...
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline RoosGirl

I guess he thinks the "gay" angle will keep him from repercussion, and he's probably right.

Online mountaineer

I guess he thinks the "gay" angle will keep him from repercussion, and he's probably right.
Yes, he'll be considered courageous - and not the predatory pedophile he appears to be.

Monday, October 30, 2017
America’s First Gay Ex-President
MOTUS Mirror

That’s right a former U.S. President has come out of the closet. He’s a power hungry, narcissistic  ex-president with an angry wife who’s always felt she was better than her spouse. Surprise! It’s not Barack Hussein Obama. It’s Frank Underwood, who (spoiler alert!) in season 5 more or less lost the presidency to his wife Claire, the evil bitch (surprise!).

It’s true: Hollywood and politics intersect again. Kevin Spacey Comes Out as Gay after Being Accused of Making Sexual Advance on 14-Year-Old Actor.  ...
« Last Edit: October 30, 2017, 02:24:41 pm by mountaineer »

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Kevin Spacey apologises after actor says he was subjected to sexual advance when only 14
Yahoo News, Oct 30, 2017, Chris Michaud, Reuters

Kevin Spacey apologised on Sunday to fellow actor Anthony Rapp for a 1986 incident in which Rapp said Spacey made a sexual advance to him when Rapp was only 14.

Spacey said in a post on Twitter he was horrified to hear Rapp's story of the encounter, which he said he did not remember. He wrote that he owed Rapp a "sincere apology" for what he said would have been "deeply inappropriate drunken behaviour."

<snip>

"I have loved and had romantic encounters with men throughout my life, and I now choose to live life as a gay man," Spacey wrote.

More: https://www.yahoo.com/news/actor-kevin-spacey-declares-lives-life-gay-man-051543821.html

Offline musiclady

The faux shock and outrage by the Hollywood cesspool would be funny if it weren't so tragic.....

Sexual predators in Hollywood have always been ignored or praised.

I'm sure this will pass, and they will go back to being as debauched and unashamed as ever.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline musiclady

Maybe not.  I just read that Wanda and Rosie are really, really mad.    *****rollingeyes*****

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
I think people knew Kevin Spacey was gay. Heck I knew about it for years.

His character on "House of Cards" is bisexual, he seemed happier snogging men then the females.
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline RoosGirl

Maybe not.  I just read that Wanda and Rosie are really, really mad.    *****rollingeyes*****

Hah! I have no idea who Wanda is.

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
Hah! I have no idea who Wanda is.

I believe it's Wanda Sykes, a comedian
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline RoosGirl

Ahh, okay.

Offline goatprairie

"I believe it's Wanda Sykes, a comedian

Allegedly.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 ‘We all knew about u’: Rosie O’Donnell slams Kevin Spacey, says ‘too many’ to call out

Posted at 11:08 am on October 30, 2017 by Doug P.

Actor Kevin Spacey’s statement after being accused of unwanted sexual advances toward a then 14-year-old raised a lot of eyebrows:

ROSIE

@Rosie

u don't remember the incident - 30 years ago? - bleep u kevin - like Harvey we all knew about u - I hope more men come forward @KevinSpacey

more
https://twitchy.com/dougp-3137/2017/10/30/we-all-knew-about-u-rosie-odonnell-slams-kevin-spacey-says-too-many-to-call-out/
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

GLAAD slams Kevin Spacey for using coming out to 'deflect' from Anthony Rapp's allegations
NY Daily News, Oct 30, 2017, Rachel DeSantis

<snip>

Sarah Kate Ellis – the LGBTQ advocacy organization’s president and CEO – did not mince words when it came to how she felt about Spacey's decision to combine his apology with the shocking revelation of his sexuality.

"Coming out stories should not be used to deflect from allegations of sexual assault," she wrote on Twitter. "This isn't a coming out story about Spacey, but a story of survivorship by Anthony Rapp & those who speak out about unwanted sexual advances. The media and public should not gloss over that."

More: http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/gossip/glaad-slams-kevin-spacey-coming-statement-article-1.3599341

"Shocking revelation...."   :pondering:

Offline musiclady

"I believe it's Wanda Sykes, a comedian

Allegedly.

Yeah.................. VERY 'allegedly.'

Offline musiclady

The idea that one Hollywood perv is calling out another is mildly amusing.

The cesspool is roiling.....

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Funny how they all knew in this case and the Weinstein case but kept silent allowing for more helpless victims.
Support the USO

Online mountaineer

I hope more men come forward
She'd better hope she never hit on teenaged girls while in a drunken stupor.

Offline musiclady

Funny how they all knew in this case and the Weinstein case but kept silent allowing for more helpless victims.

Yeah.   The "outrage" is ridiculous.

None of these creeps give a rip about sexual predators....... OR their victims.

Online mountaineer

David Burge‏ @iowahawkblog 4h4 hours ago

Cop: did you just crash your truck into the liquor store again?
Me: I choose now to live my life as a gay man

Breaking: "Paul Manafort Admits 'I've Lived My Life as a Gay Man,' vows to go after NRA."

Next time I get accused of anything bad I’m just announcing I’m gay.

Whither poor Bowe Bergdahl, had he come out as gay, or better yet like Chelsea Manning as transgendered Obama might have given him clemency.

:silly:
« Last Edit: October 30, 2017, 06:48:40 pm by mountaineer »

David Burge‏ @iowahawkblog 4h4 hours ago

Cop: did you just crash your truck into the liquor store again?
Me: I choose now to live my life as a gay man

:mauslaff:

Offline endicom

You shut up about things when you know the only one to be hurt is you.

What came of Corey Feldman speaking out?

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

An angry, ideologically driven comedian.

Offline Machiavelli

• Curmudgeon
  • Realist
« Last Edit: October 30, 2017, 07:33:49 pm by Machiavelli »