Author Topic: BREAKING>>Paul Manafort, former Trump campaign head, reported to face charges in Russia investigation  (Read 5475 times)

Offline kevindavis007

President Trump’s former campaign chairman Paul Manafort will surrender to federal authorities Monday morning to face charges stemming from a special counsel’s investigation into Russia’s interference in the 2016 presidential election, according to the New York Times and CNN.

Read More: http://www.philly.com/philly/news/politics/presidential/trump-investigation-mueller-manafort-russia-20171030.html

Never Never do business with the enemy like Russia...
« Last Edit: October 30, 2017, 12:53:34 pm by mystery-ak »
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Alan Dershowitz says this is to get Manafort to talk....

Podesta bros still at large... 9999hair out0000
« Last Edit: October 30, 2017, 12:54:05 pm by mystery-ak »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
townhall
Katie Pavlich
Posted: Oct 30, 2017 8:19 AM

[excerpt]

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/katiepavlich/2017/10/30/breaking-trump-campaign-chairman-agrees-to-turn-himself-n2402260

Former Trump campaign chairman Paul Manafort left his home in Alexandria, Virginia Monday morning and turned himself in at FBI headquarters in Washington D.C. He is expected to surrender to charges handed down by Special Counsel Robert Mueller.

Although the indictment with the details has not been unsealed, according to reports Manafort is facing charges on tax fraud and other white collar crimes completely unrelated to the 2016 presidential election. His former business partner, Rick Gates, is also expected to surrender to authorities. Both were told to turn themselves in or face arrest.

Manafort has been under FBI investigation since 2014 and has been on the radar since 2012 for shady ties to eastern European and Russian business deals. He has also been involved in foreign political races and could face charges for failing to register as a foreign agent.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline Applewood

According to sources.  No confirmation yet?

If true, then I lost my bet.  I bet a friend it would be some low level flunky who could be induced to roll over on someone higher up. 

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline ConstitutionRose

If the reporting is correct he made a lot cash transactions that can be questioned.  I read that the FBI had looked into some of these transactions before.  Didn't do anything then.
"Old man can't is dead.  I helped bury him."  Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas quoting his grandfather.

Silver Pines

Manafort always reminded me of some cheap low-level crook from Goodfellas.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Manafort always reminded me of some cheap low-level crook from Goodfellas.

@CatherineofAragon and Stone is his Joe Pesci type yapping side kick.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Applewood

@Freya

Thanks for the update.    I now have to buy my friend dinner. 

This should be very interesting. 

Offline Applewood

@To-Whose-Benefit?

Thanks to you also for the update.  I'm really slow this morning.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Silver Pines

@CatherineofAragon and Stone is his Joe Pesci type yapping side kick.

@txradioguy

Lol, yes, perfect.

"They (blank) you on the drive-through!"  I see it.

Offline SirLinksALot

according to reports Manafort is facing charges on tax fraud and other white collar crimes completely unrelated to the 2016 presidential election

Is this the best Mueller and his team can do? Their commission is to discover any RUSSIAN-RELATED interference and collusion in the 2016 elections and all they've done is
reach out to the past for a 2012 tax case?

Are they going to do the same to Trump and associates? Reach out to over 10 years to probe taxes?
« Last Edit: October 30, 2017, 01:22:50 pm by SirLinksALot »

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

Is this the best Mueller and his team can do? Their commission is to discover any RUSSIAN-RELATED interference and collusion in the 2016 elections and all they've done is

Are they going to do the same to Trump and associates? Reach out to over 10 years to probe taxes?

According to early morning pundits these indictments are to get Manafort to *talk* and implicate Trump in other crimes yet to be determined... *****rollingeyes*****
Support the USO

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Tax evasion, most likely from dealings a decade ago.  Absolutely nothing to do with Trump or collusion, but that won’t stop the MSM from making accusations all week to drown out U1 talk.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Applewood

Disappointing.  But then maybe the feds hope to put the squeeze on Manafort for some Russian interference-related information in exchange for leniency on the tax fraud case.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 Steve Herman‏Verified account @W7VOA 11m11 minutes ago
Replying to @W7VOA

Charges in the indictment cover the years 2008-17.

Steve Herman‏Verified account @W7VOA 1m1 minute ago

Indictment alleges $75 mil.+ flowed through their accounts and @PaulManafort laundered $18 mil.+.

indictment
https://www.justice.gov/file/1007271/download

Support the USO

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
October 30, 2017
The Manafort Political Theater Project launched
By Thomas Lifson

Some absurd MSM political theater is about to unfold, as if it were a serious scandal for Trump that a guy who was his campaign chairman for a few months is going to be charged for alleged crimes committed years before that relationship was forged.  Paul Manafort and his longtime protégé are the big news for the MSM to inflate into a conspiracy that traces back to the puppet master in the Kremlin.  They have been told to report for arrest, which means they are to be indicted.

Matt Apuzzo of the New York Times got the scoop.  He describes Gates as:

more
http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2017/10/report_manafort_and_his_protg_to_be_indicted.html
Support the USO

Offline edpc

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Paul Manafort, a former campaign manager to President Donald Trump, and a business associate were indicted by a federal grand jury on 12 counts including conspiracy against the United States, conspiracy to launder money and violating federal lobbying and banking laws, the federal special counsel said on Monday.

"The indictment contains 12 counts: conspiracy against the United States, conspiracy to launder money, unregistered agent of a foreign principal, false and misleading FARA statements, false statements, and seven counts of failure to file reports of foreign bank and financial accounts," the counsel said in a statement.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/ex-trump-campaign-aide-manafort-charged-12-count-131513707.html

Conspiracy against the United State?  An absolutely weak and purposefully worded charge.  It really just means tax evasion.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2017, 01:41:44 pm by edpc »

Offline Right_in_Virginia

So is Podesta skating on not filing as a foreign agent?

Never mind, of course he is.

« Last Edit: October 30, 2017, 01:33:01 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline kevindavis007

According to early morning pundits these indictments are to get Manafort to *talk* and implicate Trump in other crimes yet to be determined... *****rollingeyes*****

That is usually how it is done.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Alan Dershowitz says this is to get Manafort to talk....

Podesta bros still at large... 9999hair out0000

I believe that is correct.

Look at the damn headline from CNN:

Manafort, Gates charged with conspiracy against US
CNN, Oct 30, 2017

http://www.cnn.com/2017/10/30/politics/paul-manafort-russia-investigation-surrender/index.html

What does this even mean??   9999hair out0000

The discovery phase will continue for seven years.

Offline edpc

Look at the damn headline from CNN:

What does this even mean??   9999hair out0000

Two or more people working together to defraud the US of property or money.   It’s a very fancy way of saying tax evasion.   However, everyone can plainly see the intent of the implication, given the original scope of the investigation. Blatant wordplay to imply collusion, where there is none.