Author Topic: Japanese earthquake zone strongly influenced by the effects of friction  (Read 383 times)

rangerrebew

Japanese earthquake zone strongly influenced by the effects of friction
October 27, 2017

(a) This is a location map showing fault planes of the 2016 earthquake (red) and the 1944 Tonankai earthquake (blue). Yellow and blue stars indicate the hypocenters of the 2016 earthquake and 1944 Tonankai earthquake, respectively. …more

The islands of the Japanese archipelago are affected both by frequent, low-magnitude earthquakes and tremors and by larger, highly destructive events. One of the largest quakes to strike Japan occurred in 1944, leading to the loss of more than 1,200 lives on the main and most populated island of Honshu. Its strength resulted from the abrupt release of plate tectonic forces, a process known as subduction, centered on an area beneath Honshu where it slides over the top of oceanic crust.

Read more at: https://phys.org/news/2017-10-japanese-earthquake-zone-strongly-effects.html#jCp

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Re: Japanese earthquake zone strongly influenced by the effects of friction
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2017, 11:05:32 pm »
We already knew this. 

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2017, 11:41:42 pm »
Second time I get to post this today....

For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2017, 02:32:55 am »
I have a solution, which is to inject a solution into the faults to eliminate friction.

If it's good enough to eliminate friction in mortals, perhaps it can ease Gaia's friction too!