Author Topic: Mapped: Catalonia is Not Alone-Regions Desparate for Independence Threatening the EU  (Read 1694 times)

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline truth_seeker

Offline stephen50right

Interesting that Crimea is on that list.

Offline endicom

Let's call them principalities.

Offline Frank Cannon

There is a common bond between most of these places breaking away. They are all tired of being bled dry because they are industrious and having that money redistributed to lazy and worthless parts of their region.

Offline truth_seeker

Something few realize is Germany and Italy only became unified countries in the late 1800s.

Historically regions like Bavaria were self-governing. So for example if they broke away from Germany proper, it would be reverting to the norm, not the opposite.

Likewise Sicily was a nation-state for centuries.  And in the north of Italy the provinces were part of Austria.

Anyway Catalonia is carrying the water, for the independence movement for awhile.

I lived for awhile in Baden-Wurttemberg, an historic, prosperous, scenic region in Southern Germany. If Bavaria broke away, there goes BMW. If Baden-Wurttemberg breaks away, there goes Mercedes and Porsche, Audi.

Anyway local customs in Baden-Wurttemberg differed from the North. And remains so today. No shopping from 2 pm Saturday, until Monday morning. No washing cars on Sundays. Seems like not very much, but carefully guarded customs with religious roots.   

Offline KingsX

• Be yourself. No one can say you're doing it wrong.

It's quite ironic...  it's to Putin's benefit to support separatist nationalist groups within the EU [and also in the USA.]    Putin has supported right-wing groups within the EU.  At the same time,  Putin has inherited a worldwide Communist network by which to support and influence leftist opposition. The conflict between the two would result in civil unrest and maybe even civil war in the lands of his enemy.   Sun Tzu would be proud.  And ironically,  by supporting nationalist groups against an empire, Putin becomes another Cyrus.  Which is why I sometimes call "drain the swamp" Trump the "Governor of Gutium."

« Last Edit: October 28, 2017, 06:45:18 pm by KingsX »

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
There is a common bond between most of these places breaking away. They are all tired of being bled dry because they are industrious and having that money redistributed to lazy and worthless parts of their region.

I definitely think that's driving a great deal of it. Catalonia is a great example.
The Republic is lost.

Offline truth_seeker

I definitely think that's driving a great deal of it. Catalonia is a great example.

Scotland on the other hand, is less prosperous on their own in the UK. But their plan is to separate, reposition and become a "taker" from the EU.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Scotland on the other hand, is less prosperous on their own in the UK. But their plan is to separate, reposition and become a "taker" from the EU.

And being of Scots-Irish descent, it just makes me sad.
The Republic is lost.

Offline NavyCanDo

Same here, but it can be said those Scots-Irish that were most fiercely against a tyrannical government ruling over them, had settles here in the Colonies and were the  fist of the Continental Army during the American Revolution. 86 years later made up much of the Army of Northern Virginia as well, but that's another story. 
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline truth_seeker

Me too, but I don't worry over stuff like that, very much. I have learned that now I am an American, with centuries of American history.

Who my Swedish, English, Welsh, Scots and Irish ancestors were and what they did in their times, are merely chapters in history books.

Yes, Scots and Scots-Irish figure disproportionately more in Anglo American history, than some others. As do Normans, in terms of small numbers who greatly impacted history.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Looks like a return to pseudeo-feudalism...

Offline KingsX

Same here, but it can be said those Scots-Irish that were most fiercely against a tyrannical government ruling over them, had settles here in the Colonies and were the  fist of the Continental Army during the American Revolution. 86 years later made up much of the Army of Northern Virginia as well, but that's another story.

Many of my Scot forefathers were Jacobite royalists [who believed in the divine right of kings]  who supported the monarchy in the American revolution.  Although King George was not of the House of Stuart,   he was the monarch who was fighting against revolutionary republicans.

They also fought against Yankee "Puritans" in the American civil war.  Historians have said that the American civil war was  a  carry-over of the English civil wars between royalists and republican puritans.

Offline ColdSteelTalon

• Expanding humanity's carbon footprint since 1964!
The EU is iron mixed with clay they won't hold together. Especially since people are getting wise to the cultural destruction pushed on them from Merkel and the globalists, who want to do one thing, destroy the west. Lets hope Europeans shut the globalists down before its too late. And there are those that are already saying it is too late.

Offline DemolitionMan

I would not be suprised if the Flemish population in Belgium is next.
"Of Arms and Man I Sing"-The Aenid written by Virgil-Virgil commenced his epic story of Aeneas and the founding of Rome with the words: Arma virumque cano--"Of arms and man I sing.Aeneas receives full treatment in Roman mythology, most extensively in Virgil's Aeneid, where he is an ancestor of Romulus and Remus. He became the first true hero of Rome

Offline KingsX

The EU is iron mixed with clay; they won't hold together. Especially since people are getting wise to the cultural destruction pushed on them from Merkel and the globalists, who want to do one thing, destroy the west. Lets hope Europeans shut the globalists down before its too late. And there are those that are already saying it is too late.

That's also true of any balkanized country, including the USA.
When a nation of people who share a common race and culture
morphs into an empire filled with a global mixture of races and
cultures it becomes internally divisive and unstable and can be
destroyed by implosion from enemies within as well as external
enemies.  An external enemy [like Putin] could also manpulate
and take advantage of an empire weakened by divisive unstable
 mixed multitudes.

Offline ColdSteelTalon

• Expanding humanity's carbon footprint since 1964!

That's also true of any balkanized country, including the USA...

I agree. The only thing that has saved us is the nature of our republic under the constitution. The power is balanced with the states and allows a certain amount of flexibility culturally and power wise. But what happens when the knuckleheads on the left want to destroy the republic and replace it with a pure democracy? We won't last long after that happens.

Offline mountaineer

CHAOS IN CATALONIA Nazi-saluting fascists clash with cops as Catalonia independence tensions descend into violence
Regional president declared independence from Spain yesterday but was immediately sacked from his office by the Madrid government.
By George Sandeman and Mark Hodge
29th October 2017, 6:15 pm
Updated: 29th October 2017, 10:18 pm

NAZI-saluting fascists have clashed with baton-wielding police in Barcelona – as a pro-union protest descended into violence. Organisers of the march claim over one million people took part in the protest today in the Catalan capital as a reaction against the region’s controversial declaration of independence on Friday.

But footage shows demonstrators draped in Spanish flags fighting with cops before some fascist supporters give a Nazi salute at the end of the shocking clip.

Other footage from Madrid shows protestors also giving the fascist salute while chanting “Viva Franco” referencing the country’s former dictator General Franco.  ...

Rest of story and more photos at The Sun (U.K.)
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Suppressed

"This breaking news just in – Generalissimo Francisco Franco is still dead!"
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline KingsX

"This breaking news just in – Generalissimo Francisco Franco is still dead!"

Until God resurrects him.