Author Topic: An AI Found Dozens of Gravitational Lens Galaxies  (Read 637 times)

Offline DemolitionMan

An AI Found Dozens of Gravitational Lens Galaxies
« on: October 28, 2017, 04:46:07 am »
By Avery Thompson

There are roughly 100 billion galaxies in our universe, and it would take many lifetimes for humans to look at them all. Even if our scientists only focused on a tiny sliver of the night sky, there's still enough space to keep any person busy for decades, if not centuries.

http://www.popularmechanics.com/space/deep-space/news/a28752/an-ai-found-dozens-of-gravitational-lenses/
"Of Arms and Man I Sing"-The Aenid written by Virgil-Virgil commenced his epic story of Aeneas and the founding of Rome with the words: Arma virumque cano--"Of arms and man I sing.Aeneas receives full treatment in Roman mythology, most extensively in Virgil's Aeneid, where he is an ancestor of Romulus and Remus. He became the first true hero of Rome

Offline stephen50right

Re: An AI Found Dozens of Gravitational Lens Galaxies
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2017, 05:02:16 am »
By Avery Thompson

There are roughly 100 billion galaxies in our universe, and it would take many lifetimes for humans to look at them all. Even if our scientists only focused on a tiny sliver of the night sky, there's still enough space to keep any person busy for decades, if not centuries.

http://www.popularmechanics.com/space/deep-space/news/a28752/an-ai-found-dozens-of-gravitational-lenses/

It totally astonishes me that anyone could not comprehend that fact of the number of galaxies, and not believe there is life on other planets.

Of course there is life on other planets, it is an incontrovertible fact, we just haven't discovered it yet because we are in just the infancy of the infancy of space exploration.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2017, 05:03:09 am by stephen50right »

Offline DemolitionMan

"Of Arms and Man I Sing"-The Aenid written by Virgil-Virgil commenced his epic story of Aeneas and the founding of Rome with the words: Arma virumque cano--"Of arms and man I sing.Aeneas receives full treatment in Roman mythology, most extensively in Virgil's Aeneid, where he is an ancestor of Romulus and Remus. He became the first true hero of Rome

Offline DemolitionMan

« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2017, 05:07:18 am »

Offline stephen50right

« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2017, 05:16:33 am »
What if we live in a multiverse?

That does make it a bit more complex doesn't it?

One thing for sure, we humans now don't even know what we don't know about the universe. There will likely be physics to be realized that would have baffled Einstein.

So much more to learn yet, as technology increases, so will our ability to gain this knowledge, and it will be both fun and fascinating.

Offline DemolitionMan

« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2017, 05:20:03 am »
That does make it a bit more complex doesn't it?

One thing for sure, we humans now don't even know what we don't know about the universe. There will likely be physics to be realized that would have baffled Einstein.

So much more to learn yet, as technology increases, so will our ability to gain this knowledge, and it will be both fun and fascinating.

It would be so great that there are parallel Earth's co-existing with our own. Same Earth, different history.