Author Topic: One of America's Most Powerful Fighter Jets Is Getting a New Bomb  (Read 319 times)

Offline DemolitionMan

Kris Osborn

The SDB II also has the ability to classify targets, meaning it could for example be programmed to hit only tanks in a convoy as opposed to other moving vehicles.  The weapon can classify tanks, boats or wheeled targets, Raytheon officials added.

U.S. Air Force completed a series of rigorous, high-speed wind tunnel tests for Small Diameter Bomb II, moving the weapon one step closer to deployment on an F-15 by 2018 integration on the Joint Strike Fighter. SDB II can destroy moving targets in all weather conditions at ranges greater than 40 miles -- a Raytheon statement said.

http://nationalinterest.org/blog/the-buzz/one-americas-most-powerful-fighter-jets-getting-new-bomb-22912
"Of Arms and Man I Sing"-The Aenid written by Virgil-Virgil commenced his epic story of Aeneas and the founding of Rome with the words: Arma virumque cano--"Of arms and man I sing.Aeneas receives full treatment in Roman mythology, most extensively in Virgil's Aeneid, where he is an ancestor of Romulus and Remus. He became the first true hero of Rome

Offline DemolitionMan

Re: One of America's Most Powerful Fighter Jets Is Getting a New Bomb
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2017, 03:16:02 am »

www.youtube.com/watch?v=gcHGn20FQu4

Small Diameter Bomb II can fly more than 45 miles to strike mobile targets, reducing aircrews’ time in harm’s way. The weapon’s small size allows fewer aircraft to take out the same number of targets as previous, larger weapons that required multiple jets
"Of Arms and Man I Sing"-The Aenid written by Virgil-Virgil commenced his epic story of Aeneas and the founding of Rome with the words: Arma virumque cano--"Of arms and man I sing.Aeneas receives full treatment in Roman mythology, most extensively in Virgil's Aeneid, where he is an ancestor of Romulus and Remus. He became the first true hero of Rome