Author Topic: Report: Hatch Tells Friends He Plans to Retire; Romney Will Run for His Seat if He Does  (Read 493 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
BY: David Rutz   
October 27, 2017 2:02 pm

Utah Sen. Orrin Hatch (R.) has privately told friends he plans to retire at the end of his term next year, and if he does, Mitt Romney will run for his seat, according to a new report.

Sources close to Hatch and Romney told The Atlantic‘s McKay Coppins that plans are already in motion for Hatch to retire and for Romney to run. Utah's World Trade Center CEO Derek Miller said Romney's plan to seek the Senate seat was a "done deal":

more
http://freebeacon.com/politics/report-hatch-tells-friends-retire-romney-seat/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Frank Cannon

Oh Christ. Romney? Is that loser trying to run for election in all 50 states?

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Nooooooooooooo!   ***hair on fire

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Thereby depriving McMuffin of his chance to join the hallowed halls of the United States Senate, the world's most esteemed deliberative chamber, according to some.

Now past 70, wealthy beyond need, Romney has homes in La Jolla and Park City.

Why he would want to live in Wash. DC, defies any sane explanation.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Frank Cannon

Because when he buys a house in Georgetown before the election and then loses, he will be set up to run for Alderman in the 5th Ward of DC. It is a brilliant masterstroke to lose elections in all 50 states and DC.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Thereby depriving McMuffin of his chance to join the hallowed halls of the United States Senate, the world's most esteemed deliberative chamber, according to some.

Now past 70, wealthy beyond need, Romney has homes in La Jolla and Park City.

He's attention whore who wants one last notch on his lipstick case?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Oh Christ. Romney? Is that loser trying to run for election in all 50 states?

Well, not sure why Romney would want to enter the fray again.  Politics must be addictive.

But I like him.  He's no worse than the guy he'll replace.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Well, not sure why Romney would want to enter the fray again.  Politics must be addictive.

I think that's a pretty fair assessment of "Booby" Hatch.  He's been a long-time disappointment to me.  I'd feel worse about it if I lived in Utah, but I have my hands full in AZ with McCainiac and The Flake.   :shrug:
« Last Edit: October 28, 2017, 02:48:02 am by Cyber Liberty »
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online libertybele

There's something about Romney I like as well (yep, I dodge spears all the time when saying that), and I think he'll be better than Hatch. 
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Orrin Hatch: "I'm planning on running again"
KUTV, Oct 27, 2017, Brian Mullahy

<snip>

"I'm planning on running again," Hatch replied, but added what seemed to be two caveats.

First, concerns from his wife Elaine, who is against race number eight.

"She's always worried about me," said Hatch. "Certainly I'm going to give great consideration to what she thinks, but as of right now, I'm planning on running."

Then, there is Mitt Romney, whom Hatch has said he would like to see as his successor.

"I've made a decision to run, unless my friend Mitt Romney calls me, and says he'd like to run," he said. "Then I think I'd gladly step aside."

More: http://kutv.com/news/local/orrin-hatch-im-planning-on-running-again

Online corbe

I want McMuffin to win just to pizz off Frank.

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.