Author Topic: US sailors rescued after five months adrift in Pacific  (Read 768 times)

rangerrebew

US sailors rescued after five months adrift in Pacific
« on: October 27, 2017, 04:38:02 pm »
US sailors rescued after five months adrift in Pacific

59 minutes ago

Two US yachtswomen and their two dogs have been rescued by the US Navy after spending nearly five months adrift in the Pacific Ocean, officials say.

Jennifer Appel and Tasha Fuiaba say they set off in a small sailing boat from Hawaii bound for Tahiti when their engine, damaged by bad weather, failed.

Their boat then drifted in the open seas about 1,500km (930 miles) southeast of Japan, they said.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-41772323

Offline skeeter

Re: US sailors rescued after five months adrift in Pacific
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2017, 04:50:55 pm »
Set out for Tahiti from Hawaii and end up 900 SE of Japan. With only cellphones to communicate with.

I suppose the writer is using the term 'yachtswomen' loosely.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2017, 05:06:13 pm »
I'm impressed that the 7th Fleet was able to successfully launch one of their ships without endangering anyone or damaging a ship.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.

Offline thackney

« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2017, 04:46:00 pm »
http://www.foxnews.com/world/2017/10/31/holes-emerge-in-hawaii-womens-tale-survival-in-pacific.html

The two women met in late 2016, and within a week of knowing each other decided to take the trip together. Fuiava had never sailed a day in her life.

I wonder if the boat owner was tricking Fuiava...

Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline skeeter

« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2017, 04:55:46 pm »
I wonder if the boat owner was tricking Fuiava...

That thought occurred to me as well.

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2017, 06:19:31 pm »
I wonder why they'd lie. Seems like an extravagant way to sell a story.

They said they had a year's worth of food and a water purifier----yet claimed they would not have lasted another 24 hours. They and the dogs looked like they had not lost any weight. Who are they trying to fool?   
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline endicom

« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2017, 09:01:05 pm »
"They supposedly passed Maui and Lanai but they didn’t have any ports suitable for their 50′ sailboat, named the Sea Nymph. Preposterous."

"They reached Christmas Island which they said was mostly uninhabited and also didn’t have a suitable harbor. Cruise ships regularly dock there."

https://hotair.com/archives/2017/10/31/story-two-women-lost-sea-looking-awfully-fishy/

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2017, 10:53:07 pm »
"They supposedly passed Maui and Lanai but they didn’t have any ports suitable for their 50′ sailboat, named the Sea Nymph. Preposterous."

"They reached Christmas Island which they said was mostly uninhabited and also didn’t have a suitable harbor. Cruise ships regularly dock there."

https://hotair.com/archives/2017/10/31/story-two-women-lost-sea-looking-awfully-fishy/

And I regulary sail out of Maui on much larger boats. I'm thinking they arentrying to pull off a hoax.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2017, 11:11:42 am »

Is Story Of Two Sailors Allegedly Adrift For 5 Months Starting To Unravel?

ByJoseph Curl
October 31, 2017

Something is rotten in Denmark. Or Japan, anyway, where the two women from Hawaii who claim they were lost at sea for five months have wound up.

Jennifer Appel and Tasha Fuiava — who had never sailed before setting off on a 5,000-mile trip — have told authorities that they were adrift after their engine broke on a trip from Hawaii to Tahiti. They were eventually rescued by the U.S. Navy some 900 miles east of Japan.

But now it turns out the pair had an emergency beacon on the boat and never activated it. Had they done so, their position would have been immediately sent to authorities, who would have been dispatched to rescue them.  ...   More at Daily Wire
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2017, 01:33:21 pm »
Nation Weather Service is saying there was No storm during the time period they claim to be caught in one.  Their story is falling apart fast. If they wanted to pull off a hoax or do all of this to get their 15 minutes of fame, they didn’t plan it very well