Author Topic: Ground Launched Cruise Missile Program  (Read 289 times)

Offline DemolitionMan

Ground Launched Cruise Missile Program
« on: October 27, 2017, 07:56:36 am »
by GLCM Rangers"

The Ground Launched Cruise Missile (GLCM), or BGM-109G Gryphon,  was a ground-launched cruise missile developed by the United States in the last decade of the Cold War. The BGM-109G was designed as a counter to the mobile medium and intermediate range ballistic nuclear missiles deployed by the Soviet Union in Eastern Bloc European countries.

GM-109G missiles were based at six locations throughout Europe; in the United Kingdom at RAF Greenham Common and RAF Molesworth, Florennes AB, Belgium, Woensdrecht AB, Netherlands, Wueschheim AB, Germany, and Comiso AB in Italy.

https://www.usafpolice.org/glcm-program.html
"Of Arms and Man I Sing"-The Aenid written by Virgil-Virgil commenced his epic story of Aeneas and the founding of Rome with the words: Arma virumque cano--"Of arms and man I sing.Aeneas receives full treatment in Roman mythology, most extensively in Virgil's Aeneid, where he is an ancestor of Romulus and Remus. He became the first true hero of Rome

Offline DemolitionMan

Re: Ground Launched Cruise Missile Program
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2017, 08:01:55 am »

www.youtube.com/watch?v=2YQGiNC9abw

BGM-109G Gryphon (Ground Launched Cruise Missile or GLCM)Ground Launched Cruise Missile, or GLCM, (officially designated BGM-109G Gryphon) was a ground-launched cruise missile developed by the United States Air Force in the last decade of the Cold War.
"Of Arms and Man I Sing"-The Aenid written by Virgil-Virgil commenced his epic story of Aeneas and the founding of Rome with the words: Arma virumque cano--"Of arms and man I sing.Aeneas receives full treatment in Roman mythology, most extensively in Virgil's Aeneid, where he is an ancestor of Romulus and Remus. He became the first true hero of Rome