Author Topic: Trump has won the civil war where it counts -- with voters  (Read 292 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump has won the civil war where it counts -- with voters
« on: October 26, 2017, 01:10:01 pm »
Trump has won the civil war where it counts -- with voters
by David M. Drucker | Oct 26, 2017, 12:01 AM

Traditional Republicans fancying the cracks in their party as an opening to primary President Trump in 2020 need to deal with one inconvenient fact: Republican voters aren't interested.

The brawl for dominance in the Republican Party is certainly remarkable. Former President George W. Bush; Ohio Gov. John Kasich; the chairmen of two top Senate committees; and now Sen. Jeff Flake, R-Ariz.; all have sharply rebuked Trump, questioning his fitness, integrity, and moral authority.

But their resistance, though hardly isolated, is missing one crucial element: a significant measure of enthusiasm from Republican voters. That's a weak foundation from which to pursue a challenge to the renomination of a sitting president.

more
http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/trump-has-won-the-civil-war-where-it-counts-with-voters/article/2638654
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Re: Trump has won the civil war where it counts -- with voters
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2017, 02:38:26 pm »
From a Ben Shapiro editorial yesterday that touches on this subject.

Trump supporters are wrong that Trump is untouchable. Trump didn't win in 2016 purely because he's some sort of Teflon candidate; he won because he ran against the weakest candidate in American history. Trump actually won fewer votes in Wisconsin than Republican nominee Mitt Romney did in 2012. Nobody showed up to vote for Clinton, so Trump won the state. Trump won fewer votes in Michigan than Republican nominee George W. Bush did in 2004. Nobody liked Clinton, so Trump won the state. What will happen if Democrats choose not to run a corrupt, venal and thoroughly charisma-free candidate? What will happen if they run former Vice President Joe Biden or Sen. Bernie Sanders? Between 2000, when George W. Bush lost the popular vote by about 544,000, and 2004, when he won it, he picked up some 10 million votes. Where is Trump going to pick up similar numbers?

https://townhall.com/columnists/benshapiro/2017/10/25/the-delusional-optimism-of-both-sides-n2399745
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2017, 02:46:58 pm »
From a Ben Shapiro editorial yesterday that touches on this subject.

https://townhall.com/columnists/benshapiro/2017/10/25/the-delusional-optimism-of-both-sides-n2399745

More prognostications from drooling idiot Little Benny.....

I was dead wrong about this election.

I was wrong that Donald Trump would not win in the primaries.

I was wrong that Donald Trump would not beat Hillary Clinton in the general election.

I was wrong that the poll data was reliable; it wasn’t. I was wrong that the experts knew what they were talking about with regard to ground game; they didn’t. I was wrong that the movement of which Donald Trump bragged was just more Trumpian braggadocio rather than a real, on-the-ground mass phenomenon.

http://www.dailywire.com/news/10639/president-elect-trump-proved-me-wrong-about-ben-shapiro

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2017, 02:49:38 pm »
More prognostications from drooling idiot Little Benny.....

http://www.dailywire.com/news/10639/president-elect-trump-proved-me-wrong-about-ben-shapiro

Your insight into politics is stunning.

Though I have to admit that is a great pic you found of a typical Trump acolyte.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2017, 02:50:11 pm by txradioguy »
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2017, 02:52:15 pm »
Your insight into politics is stunning.

Though I have to admit that is a great pic you found of a typical Trump acolyte.

LOL. Wow. What a comeback. You're a regular Don Rickles.