Author Topic: by Jeffrey W. Hornung  (Read 284 times)

Offline DemolitionMan

by Jeffrey W. Hornung
« on: October 26, 2017, 06:46:17 am »
There is a term to describe the mindset of Japanese people who put so much faith in Japan's peace constitution that they are complacent about security threats. They are said to suffer from heiwa-boke. With North Korea demonstrating increasingly sophisticated missiles and threating to sink the country with nuclear weapons, heiwa-boke is a luxury the country can no longer afford. A serious national debate is long overdue about what Japan needs to ensure its survival.

https://www.rand.org/blog/2017/10/why-japan-needs-long-range-strike-capabilities.html
"Of Arms and Man I Sing"-The Aenid written by Virgil-Virgil commenced his epic story of Aeneas and the founding of Rome with the words: Arma virumque cano--"Of arms and man I sing.Aeneas receives full treatment in Roman mythology, most extensively in Virgil's Aeneid, where he is an ancestor of Romulus and Remus. He became the first true hero of Rome

Offline DemolitionMan

Re: by Jeffrey W. Hornung
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2017, 08:38:58 am »
This is the topic:Why Japan Needs Long-Range Strike Capabilities
"Of Arms and Man I Sing"-The Aenid written by Virgil-Virgil commenced his epic story of Aeneas and the founding of Rome with the words: Arma virumque cano--"Of arms and man I sing.Aeneas receives full treatment in Roman mythology, most extensively in Virgil's Aeneid, where he is an ancestor of Romulus and Remus. He became the first true hero of Rome