Author Topic: Senate Judiciary Chair Calls For Special Prosecutor Probe Of 'Uranium One' Deal  (Read 462 times)

Offline Frank Cannon

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-10-25/senate-intel-chairman-calls-special-prosecutor-investigate-uranium-one-deal

Hillary Clinton is back in the crosshairs of Congressional investigators after two House committees launched investigations into the circumstances surrounding the Obama-era Uranium One deal more than a year after suspicions of a quid-pro-quo were first raised by Peter Schweizer in his infamous “Clinton Cash” expose.

The Hill breathed new life into those allegations last week when it reported on an FBI investigation into attempts by Russian nuclear industry officials at the US-based subsidiary of Rosatom (the Russian nuclear agency)  to bribe and extort their way into control of Canada-based Uranium One - and by extension, the 20% of US uranium assets it controls.

And now that the Uranium One story has found its way back into mainstream consciousness, Chuck Grassley, the widely respected head of the Senate Judiciary Committee, is calling for the DOJ to appoint a special prosecutor to investigate the deal. The thinking is, presumably, if Deputy AG Rod Rosenstein felt comfortable appointing a prosecutor to dig into possible collusion between Russia and the Trump campaign, he should be equally comfortable appointing a prosecutor to investigate these serious allegations from the Obama era. "Whoever in DOJ is capable" of launching an investigation into Uranium One should go ahead and do so, Grassley tweeted.

Offline skeeter

This investigation has to be taken out of congress's hands. They cannot be trusted to prosecute someone they are as fond of and with whom they have so much in common.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
How 'bout Rudy Giuliani...?

Online libertybele

This investigation has to be taken out of congress's hands. They cannot be trusted to prosecute someone they are as fond of and with whom they have so much in common.

Exactly.  Especially since it will be either Rosenstein or Mueller or one of their DEM cronies that they appoint!!!
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online libertybele

No.  Definitely not.  Giuliani was accused of leaking Clinton e-mails during the campaign.  Besides, I'm not sure he'd qualify.  Independent counsel but wouldn't they have to be at the Federal level??   I was going to suggest the Solicitor General, but I looked him up and he served under "W". "W" is buds with the Clintons. 

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online libertybele

Online libertybele

I still stand by my hunch that Sessions is involved.  SO .... I say fire Sessions, and appoint Ted Cruz as AG!  Problem solved.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

this person must serve jail time
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline skeeter

this person must serve jail time

Judging from the picture, we're long past jail time and entering padded cell time territory.