Author Topic: New York Times reporters cry foul over 'Trump dossier' pushback  (Read 711 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

New York Times reporters cry foul over 'Trump dossier' pushback
« on: October 25, 2017, 12:22:30 pm »
Washington Examiner, Oct 24, 2017, Mandy Mayfield

Two New York Times reporters are calling out people tied to Hillary Clinton and the Democratic National Committee for denying the Clinton campaign and DNC's role in the making of the so-called "Trump dossier," following a report Tuesday that found they funded the research for the dossier.

"When I tried to report this story, Clinton campaign lawyer @marceelias pushed back vigorously, saying "You (or your sources) are wrong," New York Times reporter Kenneth Vogel tweeted of Hillary Clinton's campaign lawyer Marc Elias.

"Folks involved in funding this lied about it, and with sanctimony, for a year," Maggie Haberman, White House correspondent for the New York Times tweeted.

More: http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/new-york-times-reporters-cry-foul-over-trump-dossier-pushback/article/2638531

Re: New York Times reporters cry foul over 'Trump dossier' pushback
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2017, 12:23:38 pm »
Sounds like the NYT is trying to spin why they didn't break this story.  Liars, all.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2017, 12:29:58 pm »
Isn't it their job to break through all of the spin and find and report the facts?  Pretty weak.

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2017, 12:32:27 pm »
The New York Times is surprised to learn that the Clintons lied to them?  22222frying pan
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2017, 12:37:16 pm »
Sounds like the NYT is trying to spin why they didn't break this story.  Liars, all.

All the news that fits . . . .
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2017, 12:40:25 pm »

Bingo.

As these stories about Hitlary and her corruption start to accelerate, the "guardians of the truth" are going to have to do serious CYA for ignoring it.

« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2017, 01:03:42 pm »
Clinton Lawyer Who Hired Fusion GPS ‘Vigorously’ Denied Doing So to NYT Reporter
Breitbart, Oct 24, 2017, Kristina Wong

The Hillary Clinton lawyer who hired Fusion GPS to produce the Trump dossier “vigorously” denied doing so to the New York Times earlier this year, according to one of their reporters.

“When I tried to report this story, Clinton campaign lawyer @marceelias pushed back vigorously, saying “You (or your sources) are wrong,” Times reporter Kenneth P. Vogel tweeted Tuesday evening.

The Washington Post earlier Tuesday reported that “the Hillary Clinton campaign and the Democratic National Committee helped fund research that resulted in a now-famous dossier.”

According to the report, the lawyer, Marc E. Elias, represented “the Clinton Campaign and the DNC,” and retained Fusion GPS to conduct research into Trump’s ties with Russia.

More: http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2017/10/24/clinton-lawyer-who-hired-fusion-gps-vigorously-denied-doing-so-to-nyt-reporter/ 

I sure hope Hillary's received a new shipment of Chardonnay .... apparently there's no longer a reason for media's usual suspects to carry her water. 

I guess elections do have consequences.  :smokin:

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2017, 01:13:17 pm »
by Mandy Mayfield | Oct 24, 2017, 10:05 PM

Two New York Times reporters are calling out people tied to Hillary Clinton and the Democratic National Committee for denying the Clinton campaign and DNC's role in the making of the so-called "Trump dossier," following a report Tuesday that found they funded the research for the dossier.

"When I tried to report this story, Clinton campaign lawyer @marceelias pushed back vigorously, saying "You (or your sources) are wrong," New York Times reporter Kenneth Vogel tweeted of Hillary Clinton's campaign lawyer Marc Elias.

more
http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/new-york-times-reporters-cry-foul-over-trump-dossier-pushback/article/2638531
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2017, 01:27:49 pm »
This story is front and center and another story implicating Holder withholding $$ from conservative groups by MSN, MSNBC and CNN.  However, neither of them are still reporting on the Uranium One involvement by Clinton, Bammy and Holder.  Once these stations start reporting; I'll see some hope of indictment.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2017, 01:49:51 pm »

Yes,  they only want the public to hear that which benefits Democrats.   

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2017, 01:50:40 pm »
This story is front and center and another story implicating Holder withholding $$ from conservative groups by MSN, MSNBC and CNN.  However, neither of them are still reporting on the Uranium One involvement by Clinton, Bammy and Holder.  Once these stations start reporting; I'll see some hope of indictment.

If the broadcasting infrastructure was not controlled by Liberal Democrats,  there would be a lot of Democrats going to prison. 

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2017, 02:07:13 pm »
One more thread to follow:  apparently the Russian lawyer who met with Trump Jr., also hired this law firm. 

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2017, 02:52:04 pm »
Threads merged.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2017, 02:54:20 pm by Free Vulcan »
The Republic is lost.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2017, 02:59:03 pm »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline skeeter

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2017, 03:31:20 pm »
Searches are probably underway now, to identify the underlings that will take the fall.

Nixon didn't go to prison. Halderman, Erlichman, Dean, Segretti etc. did.

Likewise Oliver North took the fall for Iran-Contra.

FWIW I do not see any Republican electoral advantage coming from this. The sole exception might be Trump, who can justifiably claim he was correct from the start, about crooked Hillary.

In typical form, Obama will claim "I dint know nuffin,"  "but even if I did, it would be racist to go after me."
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2017, 03:33:48 pm »
Searches are probably underway now, to identify the underlings that will take the fall.

Nixon didn't go to prison. Halderman, Erlichman, Dean, Segretti etc. did.

Likewise Oliver North took the fall for Iran-Contra.

FWIW I do not see any Republican electoral advantage coming from this. The sole exception might be Trump, who can justifiably claim he was correct from the start, about crooked Hillary.

In typical form, Obama will claim "I dint know nuffin,"  "but even if I did, it would be racist to go after me."

Well, with Nixon, he probably was innocent of the action part of Watergate.  He was probably only responsible for the cover-up.  In Clinton's case, she's the driving force behind the whole thing.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #17 on: October 25, 2017, 04:43:21 pm »
Well, with Nixon, he probably was innocent of the action part of Watergate.  He was probably only responsible for the cover-up.  In Clinton's case, she's the driving force behind the whole thing.

Correct. Nixon was guilty only of telling his subordinates to make the problem go away. Its not even clear he knew what the heck Watergate was all about, at least at first.