Author Topic: Former US president George HW Bush apologises after actress claims he 'sexually assaulted' her from his WHEELCHAIR in this photograph ...  (Read 6385 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Former US president George HW Bush apologises after actress claims he 'sexually assaulted' her from his WHEELCHAIR in this photograph - with his wife Barbara standing by his side
Daily Mail/UK, Oct 24, 2017

Heather Lind, 34, who starred in AMC's series 'Turn: Washington's Spies', made the allegations against the 93-year-old former president on Instagram in a lengthy post with accompanying photos.

'When I got the chance to meet George H. W. Bush four years ago to promote a historical television show I was working on, he sexually assaulted me while I was posing for a similar photo. He didn't shake my hand. He touched me from behind from his wheelchair with his wife Barbara Bush by his side. He told me a dirty joke,' Lind alleges.

In a statement to DailyMail.com the former president responded: 'President Bush would never - under any circumstance - intentionally cause anyone distress, and he most sincerely apologizes if his attempt at humor offended Ms. Lind.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5014447/Actress-alleges-George-H-W-Bush-sexually-assaulted-her.html#ixzz4wWJXOHR4

Offline dfwgator

Further proof this whole #metoo nonsense has gone way too far.

If Bush 41 had to apologize for this:

Then Joe Biden should be doing hard time:

Offline dfwgator

I guess that liberal love affair with the Bushes was short-lived.

Offline Applewood

I know of an elderly attorney who was known to have patted or pinched ladies' bottoms from his wheelchair.  He had had a stroke which resulted in some form of dementia and he couldn't help himself. No one carried on about that. 

Not saying President Bush did anything like that, but if he did, for heaven's sakes, he's an old man.  Cut the guy some slack. 

I'm going to bet this chippy is another "victim" looking for money and/or her 15 minutes of fame.

I agree.  This me-too stuff is getting out of hand.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2017, 03:05:10 pm by Applewood »

I know of an elderly attorney who was known to have patted or pinched ladies' bottoms from his wheelchair.  He had had a stroke which resulted in some for of dementia and he couldn't help himself. No one carried on about that. 

Not saying President Bush did anything like that, but if he did, for heaven's sakes, he's an old man.  Cut the guy some slack. 

I'm going to bet this chippy is another "victim" looking for money and/or her 15 minutes of fame.

I agree.  This me-too stuff is getting out of hand. 

:thumbsup2:

Offline Frank Cannon

Offline Suppressed

+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
I had to look up this Heather Lind, "hollywood actress" as her description. I might wonder a bit about her as well.

"On October 23, 2017, in an Instagram post that has since been deleted, she accused former President George H.W. Bush of sexually assaulting her."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heather_Lind

:pondering:

Unless, more comes out on this, other women heaven forbid say something,  this won't really stick.

debrawiest

All she would have had to do is walk away. He would not be capable of chasing her down.  Stand over by Mrs. Bush.  Really. That is not sexual assault.

Offline TomSea

Biden allegedly, skinny dipped while secret service agents stood by. That's in some book. Who knows? Real proof is needed.

Offline TomSea

It also seems to pertain more to Hollywood, if too many women say this about a number of men and some accusations seem to lack credibility, it might make these accusations seem pedestrian and ordinary.

Offline Frank Cannon

Unfortunately, no.

Then I am offended by what GHWB did here. Didn't Slick tell him to not waste time grabbing the ass of nobodies on shows no one watches?

Offline Suppressed

Biden allegedly, skinny dipped while secret service agents stood by. That's in some book. Who knows? Real proof is needed.

Uh, so...?
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
I wonder how these snowflakes would do if they had to work in the workplaces of the 50s-70s where women were constantly told things like "nice legs" and what not.

If this was true, I would have told Barbara and let her deal with it. That woman is formidable!!
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline TomSea

Uh, so...?

Biden Swims Naked, Upsetting Female Secret Service Agents, Book Claims
Author tells U.S. News the book is well-reported and balanced.
https://www.usnews.com/news/blogs/washington-whispers/2014/08/01/biden-swims-naked-upsetting-female-secret-service-agents-book-claims

Does one still say "so?"

I don't know, it might raise a few eyebrows.  Why not say "so?" about the photos on this page of Biden?  The women in most of the cases look like they are enjoying it.

@Suppressed
« Last Edit: October 25, 2017, 01:17:43 pm by TomSea »

Offline Applewood

I wonder how these snowflakes would do if they had to work in the workplaces of the 50s-70s where women were constantly told things like "nice legs" and what not.

If this was true, I would have told Barbara and let her deal with it. That woman is formidable!!

Back in those days, if some guy said, "nice legs" to me, I would have taken it as a compliment.  I believe most women would, or they would just take the "boys will be boys" attitude and forget about it. Like I said, this is nonsense.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2017, 02:06:36 pm by Applewood »

Offline Applewood

Is this an Onion story?

Close.  It's the Daily Mail, which isn't necessarily reliable.

Offline TomSea

The former First Lady lavished praise on the man who defeated George H.W. Bush in 1992, lovingly saying that Clinton is “a good fellow” who is “very thoughtful about calling.”

“He never said a mean word about anyone,” she said in an interview with Parade Magazine set to appear this weekend.

She even revealed that her sons - including, of course, George W. Bush, who followed Clinton into the Oval Office - call him “My brother by another mother.”

“He’s very nice,” Barbara Bush continued. “I think she thinks of George [Sr.] as the father he never had.”

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/barbara-bush-gushes-bill-clinton-treats-george-h-w-bush-father-article-1.1113917

Like son, like father....  :thud:

Offline stephen50right

When is a similar story coming out about Lincoln, the Republican.

Offline Applewood