Author Topic: Former US president George HW Bush apologises after actress claims he 'sexually assaulted' her from his WHEELCHAIR in this photograph ...  (Read 6402 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
The CBS headline said "allegations of inappropriate touching" and that sounds like a better description as far as I'm concerned.

Offline Applewood

@Polly Ticks

Now I'm reading about a woman whose husband had a type of dementia which caused behavioral problems; she says Bush's actions scream "dementia" to her.  To be fair,  that might be the issue, and if so, he's not to blame.

I mentioned about 20 pages ago an attorney who, after a stroke, started pinching or patting women's bottoms.  I'm no doctor, but I guess illness or injury to the brain can affect different parts of the brain, including the part that controls impulses.  I understand President Bush suffers from Parkinson or a Parkinsons-like affliction.  If so, maybe the disease has affected more than his motor skills.  To my knowledge, President Bush has never been accused of inappropriate behavior with women previously.  If so, then I would bet that any inappropriate behavior now is a result of damage to some part of the brain.

Offline Applewood

The CBS headline said "allegations of inappropriate touching" and that sounds like a better description as far as I'm concerned.

And they really are allegations at this point. 

Silver Pines

That really is an excellent point, and having known someone who had dementia, they basically lose their sense of reason and morals. The brain just basically freezes up and breaks down.

Bush 1 touching that woman may have meant about the same thing to his dementia mind as touching a baby or whatever. He may not even be truly aware of what sexuality is at this point.

@stephen50right

I've changed my mind on this a couple of times, but I think you're right.  Besides, a grope isn't a rape, and it's hardly traumatizing.  As a grope-ee, I can say so.

Liberals are very sensitive to offending certain groups....it would be interesting to see someone tweet her and accuse her of ageism and insensitivity to the disabled.

Offline TomSea

Offline KingsX

• Be yourself. No one can say you're doing it wrong.

Offline Frank Cannon

Babylon is falling...

Figured your comment would be praising GHWB for raising taxes.

Online Polly Ticks

Besides, a grope isn't a rape, and it's hardly traumatizing.  As a grope-ee, I can say so.
@CatherineofAragon
Yes!  That's exactly what I was trying to say -- you did it much more succinctly.

Liberals are very sensitive to offending certain groups....it would be interesting to see someone tweet her and accuse her of ageism and insensitivity to the disabled.

Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline Applewood

At this point, I believe one would say it is admitted to, my point is, calling this "sexual assault" seems/seemed a bit harsh.

"admits"
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/ex-prez-george-h-w-bush-admits-patting-women-rear-article-1.3589015

http://www.al.com/news/index.ssf/2017/10/former_president_george_hw_bus_1.html

I agree.  It's not sexual assault.  Not how I would define it anyway. 

Like I said before, this "me too" nonsense is just another attempt to come up with another way to destroy America as we know it.  Wasn't it California that wanted to, or already has, criminalized the use of the "wrong pronoun" when referring to a so-called transgender?  Next, it will be a capital offense to tell a dirty joke or admire a woman's legs.  We have a tyranny going on in this country.  A majority is being suppressed by a whiny minority.

Offline TomSea

Third woman accuses Bush Snr of groping

British-born novelist Christina Baker Kline said Mr Bush Senior "squeezed my butt hard" during an April 2014 photo.

Ms Kline said her husband was standing next to the former commander-in-chief when he grabbed her at a fundraiser in Houston, Texas.

A female friend of the Bush family afterwards told her to be "discreet" about the incident.

Continued (with basically a photo where you can see something going on, 2014, a different photo than another case): http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-41771986

They needed to deal with this yesterday.

The woman's husband was right there as well.

« Last Edit: October 27, 2017, 06:01:49 pm by TomSea »

Offline Suppressed

I mentioned about 20 pages ago an attorney who, after a stroke, started pinching or patting women's bottoms.  I'm no doctor, but I guess illness or injury to the brain can affect different parts of the brain, including the part that controls impulses.  I understand President Bush suffers from Parkinson or a Parkinsons-like affliction.  If so, maybe the disease has affected more than his motor skills.  To my knowledge, President Bush has never been accused of inappropriate behavior with women previously.  If so, then I would bet that any inappropriate behavior now is a result of damage to some part of the brain.

My friend who is dual-boarded in internal medicine and psychiatry loves working with elderly, doing geriatric psychiatry.  She says that it amuses her to see how inhibitions fall and true personalities come out.  She figures she'll be chasing the young guys around the floor with her wheelchair someday.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn