Author Topic: Why the Israeli Air Force Destroys Its Enemies in Battle  (Read 240 times)

Offline DemolitionMan

Why the Israeli Air Force Destroys Its Enemies in Battle
« on: October 25, 2017, 09:18:31 am »
Robert Farley

Instead of pursuing its own fighters, Israel has lately preferred to extensively modify the aircraft it buys from the United States. The F-15I “Thunder” and the F-16I “Storm” have both received major upgrades to optimize them for Israeli service. Both planes have increased range and improved avionics, enabling the IDF to fight effectively at great distance from its bases. The F-15I, a variant of the F-15E Strike Eagle, is the IAF’s most important long-range strike platform. The IAF has already undertaken steps to make the F-35 Joint Strike Fighter more suitable for Israeli service, including advanced software modifications.

http://nationalinterest.org/blog/the-buzz/why-the-israeli-air-force-destroys-its-enemies-battle-22875
"Of Arms and Man I Sing"-The Aenid written by Virgil-Virgil commenced his epic story of Aeneas and the founding of Rome with the words: Arma virumque cano--"Of arms and man I sing.Aeneas receives full treatment in Roman mythology, most extensively in Virgil's Aeneid, where he is an ancestor of Romulus and Remus. He became the first true hero of Rome