Author Topic: Saudi Arabia will 'return to moderate Islam and destroy extremism', declares modernist Crown Prince as he tries to sever country's ties to terror  (Read 370 times)

Online Right_in_Virginia

Saudi Arabia will 'return to moderate Islam and destroy extremism', declares modernist Crown Prince as he tries to sever country's ties to terror
Daily Mail/UK, Oct 24, 2017

Saudi Arabia's powerful Crown Prince on Tuesday vowed to restore 'moderate, open' Islam, breaking with ultra-conservative clerics in favour of an image catering to foreign investors and Saudi youth.

'We are returning to what we were before - a country of moderate Islam that is open to all religions and to the world,' Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman said at an economic forum in Riyadh.

'We will not spend the next 30 years of our lives dealing with destructive ideas. We will destroy them today,' the 32-year-old, who was appointed Crown Prince in June, added. 'We will end extremism very soon.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5012533/Conservative-Saudi-Arabia-returning-moderate-Islam.html#ixzz4wSDy5ysw

Online Right_in_Virginia

Fascinating guy, westernized.   The article has a lot of interesting information..

I wish Mohammed bin Salman success ..... and a well trained and loyal security team.

« Last Edit: October 24, 2017, 07:10:30 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline kidd

Considering that he's given women the right to drive, I tend to believe him.

Considering that fracking has made the US an exporter of petroleum products, I tend to believe that Saudi Arabia must diversify or die. They HAVE to become friendlier.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley