Author Topic: SPLC Puts ‘Stonewall’ School on Hate Map that was Named After a Rock Wall  (Read 577 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
SPLC Puts ‘Stonewall’ School on Hate Map that was Named After a Rock Wall
Trey Sanchez
Their blanketing technique sniffed out anything sounding remotely racist.

The Southern Poverty Law Center (SPLC), in its anxiousness to erase US history, erroneously included Stonewall Elementary School in Lexington, Kentucky, on its latest “hate map” because they assumed it was named after Confederate General Thomas “Stonewall” Jackson. However, the school was named after a literal stone wall that is historic to the area.

The hate group was informed of their error by the school and local historians who explained that an old masonry wall stood on the land of a local farmer and his family. A subdivision was later built on the property, along with the school, decades ago and was named Stonewall Estates. The school took on the name of the neighborhood. Portions of the wall still stand and the entrance to the neighborhood is built from the old stones.

The SPLC, which is fantastic at getting conservatives killed for their beliefs through these so-called hate maps, apologized for the inclusion and removed the school.

Continued at: http://www.truthrevolt.org/news/splc-puts-stonewall-school-hate-map-was-named-after-rock-wall

I'm unsure about that last line above, I know someone attacked the FRC, Family Research Council in Washington DC; from what I remember, no one died in that attack. Though, perhaps there is some other sort of incident somewhere.

More: http://www.truthrevolt.org/news/splc-releases-new-hate-map-includes-public-schools

Offline NavyCanDo

With North and South Carolina roots how do you think I felt about the name of my elementary school Sherman Elementary? But we were not snowflakes back in the 60s and did not let things like that other us. We were too busy enjoying life.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2017, 02:29:50 pm by NavyCanDo »
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Tell everyone it was named after a gay riot.  That’ll make it just peachy.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2017, 02:38:13 pm by edpc »
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.