Author Topic: Calls to Bring U.S. Nuclear Weapons Back to South Korea Are Getting Louder  (Read 657 times)

Offline DemolitionMan

Joseph Hincks
Oct 18, 2017

An expert at a leading Seoul-based think tank says South Korea should advance its capacity to make pre-emptive strikes, adding to opposition party calls to bring nuclear weapons back to check the North's belligerence.
South Korea “needs to actively pursue ... various pre-emptive strike capabilities,” Choi Kang, vice president of research at the independent think-tank Asan Institute for Policy Studies said Thursday, the Korea Herald reports.

http://time.com/4988994/south-korea-nuclear-weapons/
"Of Arms and Man I Sing"-The Aenid written by Virgil-Virgil commenced his epic story of Aeneas and the founding of Rome with the words: Arma virumque cano--"Of arms and man I sing.Aeneas receives full treatment in Roman mythology, most extensively in Virgil's Aeneid, where he is an ancestor of Romulus and Remus. He became the first true hero of Rome

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
I'm wonderin' if some might already be there....?

Offline DemolitionMan

"Of Arms and Man I Sing"-The Aenid written by Virgil-Virgil commenced his epic story of Aeneas and the founding of Rome with the words: Arma virumque cano--"Of arms and man I sing.Aeneas receives full treatment in Roman mythology, most extensively in Virgil's Aeneid, where he is an ancestor of Romulus and Remus. He became the first true hero of Rome

Offline Mom MD

Did they ever leave?  But even more scary that N Korea nucs is a story I saw today raising the possibility of a biologic attack including smallpox. That would be far more devastating that any nuc...and much harder to defend against.
God is still in control

Offline DemolitionMan

Did they ever leave?  But even more scary that N Korea nucs is a story I saw today raising the possibility of a biologic attack including smallpox. That would be far more devastating that any nuc...and much harder to defend against.

They left the ROK in 1991.