Author Topic: Alexa, what are you doing in my room?  (Read 344 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Alexa, what are you doing in my room?
« on: October 22, 2017, 02:13:51 pm »
October 22, 2017
Alexa, what are you doing in my room?
By Pem Schaeffer

How much would you pay someone to invade the privacy of your home?  Or to search your premises continuously, breaching your barrier against tyranny?  Similarly, would you pay to have your home wiretapped?  And your life tapped?

Now consider Alexa, the personal assistant residing in Amazon's Echo products.  These are available at prices beginning under $50.  In today's red-hot technology domain, such devices are seen as exemplars of Artificial Intelligence (A.I.) technology.

more
http://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2017/10/alexa_what_are_you_doing_in_my_room.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Victoria33

Re: Alexa, what are you doing in my room?
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2017, 03:03:48 pm »
I don't even like phones as one ringing interrupts what I am doing.  I only use a phone myself when I absolutely have to.  Having this Alexa person in my house is not going to happen.

I am usually involved in serious work on my computer and I would like to live in a cave where no one can get to me.

I do have a corner in the Lounge here with room dividers set up so I can work without interruption and people here honor those dividers; occasionally someone will knock on a divider and I do talk to that person.