Author Topic: America Has a Long Tradition of Covertly Flying Enemy Aircraft  (Read 468 times)

Offline DemolitionMan

America Has a Long Tradition of Covertly Flying Enemy Aircraft
« on: October 22, 2017, 07:03:36 am »
By Tom Cooper

On Sept. 6, 2017, the U.S. Air Force announced that one of its aircraft had crashed the previous day in the Nevada Test and Training Range, roughly 100 miles north of Las Vegas. Just a day earlier, two A-10s crashed during a training mission over the same range.

Both A-10 pilots ejected safely, but the pilot of the aircraft that crashed on Sept. 5 was less lucky. Lt. Col. Eric ‘Doc’ Schulz died in the accident. In 2008, Schultz graduated from the Air Force’s elite Test Pilot School in 2008. Three years later, he became the 28th pilot to fly the F-35 stealth fighter.

https://scout.com/military/warrior/Article/America-Has-a-Long-Tradition-of-Covertly-Flying-Enemy-Aircraft-109270700

EXCERPTED by Mod1
« Last Edit: October 22, 2017, 01:05:19 pm by Mod1 »
"Of Arms and Man I Sing"-The Aenid written by Virgil-Virgil commenced his epic story of Aeneas and the founding of Rome with the words: Arma virumque cano--"Of arms and man I sing.Aeneas receives full treatment in Roman mythology, most extensively in Virgil's Aeneid, where he is an ancestor of Romulus and Remus. He became the first true hero of Rome

Offline DB

Re: America Has a Long Tradition of Covertly Flying Enemy Aircraft
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2017, 08:01:08 am »
That was interesting, thank you for posting it.

Offline DemolitionMan

Re: America Has a Long Tradition of Covertly Flying Enemy Aircraft
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2017, 08:29:19 am »
That was interesting, thank you for posting it.

Thank You Very Much
« Last Edit: October 22, 2017, 08:29:40 am by DemolitionMan »
"Of Arms and Man I Sing"-The Aenid written by Virgil-Virgil commenced his epic story of Aeneas and the founding of Rome with the words: Arma virumque cano--"Of arms and man I sing.Aeneas receives full treatment in Roman mythology, most extensively in Virgil's Aeneid, where he is an ancestor of Romulus and Remus. He became the first true hero of Rome