Author Topic: Neighbors hear boom; Andersen says it was training  (Read 522 times)

Offline DemolitionMan

Neighbors hear boom; Andersen says it was training
« on: October 22, 2017, 05:44:29 am »
Guam Police Department spokesman Sgt. Paul Tapao said a "controlled detonation" was conducted at a construction site at Andersen Air Force Base earlier today.

The police spokesman issued the statement after residents in areas outside the base heard explosions just before noon.

Andersen also later confirmed the 554th Red Horse Squadron Explosive Ordinance Disposal team performed a controlled detonation at Northwest Field, near the air force base, at approximately 11 a.m.

"The routine training enhances the proficiency of our airmen and improves readiness," according to the base statement.

Raylene Manley, a Yigo resident, was in her home along Chalan La Chanch near Andersen's front gate at the time of the booming noise.

"(The noise) was loud. At first, when I felt my house shake, I thought it was an earthquake but there was a short pause and it happened the second time," she told The Guam Daily Post. "It didn't feel like an earthquake. It felt and sounded like something big fell."

https://www.postguam.com/news/local/neighbors-hear-boom-andersen-says-it-was-training/article_8494ad58-b47f-11e7-b5b9-b35387fb385e.html
"Of Arms and Man I Sing"-The Aenid written by Virgil-Virgil commenced his epic story of Aeneas and the founding of Rome with the words: Arma virumque cano--"Of arms and man I sing.Aeneas receives full treatment in Roman mythology, most extensively in Virgil's Aeneid, where he is an ancestor of Romulus and Remus. He became the first true hero of Rome

Offline DB

Re: Neighbors hear boom; Andersen says it was training
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2017, 06:44:10 am »
Practicing mine clearing?

The NK DMZ is the most mined location on the planet I believe.

Offline DemolitionMan

Re: Neighbors hear boom; Andersen says it was training
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2017, 06:45:46 am »
Practicing mine clearing?

The NK DMZ is the most mined location on the planet I believe.

You are correct. There are around a million mines on the DMZ on the NK side.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2017, 06:49:16 am by DemolitionMan »
"Of Arms and Man I Sing"-The Aenid written by Virgil-Virgil commenced his epic story of Aeneas and the founding of Rome with the words: Arma virumque cano--"Of arms and man I sing.Aeneas receives full treatment in Roman mythology, most extensively in Virgil's Aeneid, where he is an ancestor of Romulus and Remus. He became the first true hero of Rome