Author Topic: Trump caves to King Corn and the GOP establishment  (Read 827 times)

Offline corbe

Trump caves to King Corn and the GOP establishment
« on: October 21, 2017, 08:38:47 pm »

Trump caves to King Corn and the GOP establishment

by David Leach • October 20, 2017

One of the few bright spots coming from the Trump administration has been his willingness to let the EPA under Scott Pruitt undo some of the damage done by the agency during the Obama administration. Unfortunately, Trump recently decided to put the GOP establishment and his 2020 ambitions ahead of America’s best interest when he overruled an effort by Pruitt to make major modifications to the Renewable Fuel Standards (RFS).

For the uninitiated, RFS requires that ever-increasing amounts of ethanol be blended into gasoline. As you’re most likely aware, most of the nation’s ethanol comes from corn, and corn-producing states are represented by a who’s-who of RINOs who love ethanol, including:
•Sens. Chuck Grassley and Joni Ernst (Iowa)
•Sens. Mike Rounds and John Thune (South Dakota)
•Sen. Pat Roberts (Kansas)
•Sen. Deb Fischer (Nebraska)

<..snip..>

I know there will be those who will point out that Trump supported the ethanol industry during the 2016 Iowa caucus; however, it should be remembered that his position was political and driven by the fact that Ted Cruz was advocating major changes to ethanol mandates, including an end to ethanol subsidies.

More:

http://www.stridentconservative.com/trump-corn-gop-establishment/
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: Trump caves to King Corn and the GOP establishment
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2017, 08:43:25 pm »
Yes!  And it REALLY pisses me off!  It is a YOUGE unforced error.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2017, 09:15:52 pm »
It isn't an error. It was a promise.

When Cruz said he'd seek removal of the mandate, the Governor of Iowa had a cartwheeling shitfit, declaring that Cruz had to be defeated, whatever it takes. Within a couple of hours, Trump had announced he would use the EPA to enforce the ethanol mandate to the full extent of the law. Governor Branstad's son was a lobbyist for the ethanol industry, Trump pandered to that and the farm lobby. Cruz explained his position to the farmers (advocating to let the marketplace decide) in the land where Big Ethanol and Corn are King, and won the primary.

How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Taxcontrol

• "Stupid should hurt" - Dad's wisdom
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2017, 12:35:40 am »
Ethanol bad, Butanol good.

Online kevindavis007

« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2017, 02:43:43 pm »
Sorry but blaming the GOPe for the failures is getting old and childish.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2017, 11:48:09 pm »
Sorry but blaming the GOPe for the failures is getting old and childish.
Maybe when the GOP quits snatching defeat from the jaws of victory, I will have more faith in the party.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis