Author Topic: Judge tosses $417M award against Johnson& Johnson  (Read 7183 times)

Offline DemolitionMan

Re: Judge tosses $417M award against Johnson& Johnson
« Reply #75 on: October 23, 2017, 02:20:40 am »
Very few moms drove minivans in this period, and I was entering high school when this happened.

They still had the restaurant cupholders and the built in ones when you were in school. Those were developed in the 1920s. Or did you forget to read the wikipedia thread that was attached at the bottom?
« Last Edit: October 23, 2017, 02:23:00 am by DemolitionMan »
"Of Arms and Man I Sing"-The Aenid written by Virgil-Virgil commenced his epic story of Aeneas and the founding of Rome with the words: Arma virumque cano--"Of arms and man I sing.Aeneas receives full treatment in Roman mythology, most extensively in Virgil's Aeneid, where he is an ancestor of Romulus and Remus. He became the first true hero of Rome

Offline goodwithagun

« Reply #76 on: October 23, 2017, 02:23:20 am »
They still had the restaurant cupholders when you were in school. Those were developed in the 1920s

I literally have never seen to what you are referring, but back on topic: What does any of that have to do with the health departments' warnings about the temperatures?
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline DemolitionMan

« Reply #77 on: October 23, 2017, 02:24:15 am »
They still had the restaurant cupholders and the built in ones when you were in school. Those were developed in the 1920s. Or did you forget to read the wikipedia thread that was attached at the bottom?

Built-in cup holders began to be available in the 1920s.[citation needed] Minivans were pioneers in their availability, and they still offer the greatest number of them. Over time, automotive cup holders have become larger and more sophisticated, so that they can hold a variety of different cup sizes securely. Many offer spring-loaded holders that clasp the cup securely, no matter how large or small. The development of ever-larger cups by fast-food chains and convenience stores in the United States has proven a challenge to automotive designers; many fast-food chains now offer 44 fl.oz. (1.3 L) drinks. The automobile cup-holder has also driven the development of "car cups" designed to fit within most cars' cup holders; these have a narrower base but flare outward after a short cylindrical distance.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cup_holder
"Of Arms and Man I Sing"-The Aenid written by Virgil-Virgil commenced his epic story of Aeneas and the founding of Rome with the words: Arma virumque cano--"Of arms and man I sing.Aeneas receives full treatment in Roman mythology, most extensively in Virgil's Aeneid, where he is an ancestor of Romulus and Remus. He became the first true hero of Rome

Offline goodwithagun

« Reply #78 on: October 23, 2017, 02:24:54 am »
Why would one take a drug for depression that is known to cause suicidal thoughts? Why would one take a drug for insomnia that causes sleeplessness during the day? The schmucks taking these things are being played.
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline DemolitionMan

« Reply #79 on: October 23, 2017, 02:26:51 am »
Why would one take a drug for depression that is known to cause suicidal thoughts? Why would one take a drug for insomnia that causes sleeplessness during the day? The schmucks taking these things are being played.

Medications affect different people. That is why you should ask your doctor before taking the drug.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2017, 02:27:38 am by DemolitionMan »

Offline goodwithagun

« Reply #80 on: October 23, 2017, 02:28:52 am »
Medications affect different people.

The most common side effects? Ok.
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline DemolitionMan

« Reply #81 on: October 23, 2017, 02:29:04 am »
Medications affect different people. That is why you should ask your doctor before taking the drug.

That is why they are getting paid for.

Offline DemolitionMan

« Reply #82 on: October 23, 2017, 02:29:57 am »
The most common side effects? Ok.

I had a side effect of taking a steroid for a injury. I called my doctor  in the middle of the night and he told me to stop using it. I was told to go to hospital and they would give me an alternate drug with the same effect. The hospital drug was better than prescribed steroid. I wil include a common side effect of Sominex(sleeping aid) in a link

https://www.drugs.com/sfx/sominex-side-effects.html
« Last Edit: October 23, 2017, 02:50:16 am by DemolitionMan »

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #83 on: October 23, 2017, 02:54:51 am »
Google the images of her burns. The jury decided the sum, and it was based on two days' savings that McDonalds had by keeping their coffee at 190 or above. The woman burned just wanted her medical bills taken care of.
Ahem, first off the woman put the cup between her thighs,and loosened the lid to put cream and sugar in, while she did this the driver took off. Silly McDonald's for keeping hot coffee hot, silly McDonald's for putting "Warning Hot Coffee" on their cups. All she wanted were her bills paid? Silly Rabbit it was about a big payday from the minute she received payment. Americans have been taught to look for big dollars in lawsuits for a lot of decades.

Offline DemolitionMan

« Reply #84 on: October 23, 2017, 02:57:44 am »
Ahem, first off the woman put the cup between her thighs,and loosened the lid to put cream and sugar in, while she did this the driver took off. Silly McDonald's for keeping hot coffee hot, silly McDonald's for putting "Warning Hot Coffee" on their cups. All she wanted were her bills paid? Silly Rabbit it was about a big payday from the minute she received payment. Americans have been taught to look for big dollars in lawsuits for a lot of decades.

They(both consumers and ambulance chasing lawyers) are always looking to ripping off restaurants or other esablishments. Then we pay for high food costs. Starbucks coffee does not a warning label on their coffee. What they have is air tight lids. McDonalds still does not have a warning label.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2017, 03:05:51 am by DemolitionMan »

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #85 on: October 23, 2017, 03:06:46 am »

You are wrong.  You should look up the actual facts of the case.

Offline DemolitionMan

« Reply #86 on: October 23, 2017, 03:07:42 am »

Second it for GtHawk
« Last Edit: October 23, 2017, 03:08:24 am by DemolitionMan »

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #87 on: October 23, 2017, 03:19:49 am »
If I'm wrong it will because the man I worked for at the time a multiple unit Owner Operator of Mcdonald's lied to me about it after it happened, I see no reason why he would have done that since it wasn't one of our stores.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #88 on: October 23, 2017, 03:26:13 am »
If I'm wrong it will because the man I worked for at the time a multiple unit Owner Operator of Mcdonald's lied to me about it after it happened, I see no reason why he would have done that since it wasn't one of our stores.

Okay, don't bother to go look it up, rely on what some dumbass McD's owner told you.  He didn't even necessarily lie to you; he was just wrong.

I mean, it's not like there are multiple links to the real story of what happened in this very thread.

Come on, be curious!

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #89 on: October 23, 2017, 03:30:51 am »
Okay, don't bother to go look it up, rely on what some dumbass McD's owner told you.  He didn't even necessarily lie to you; he was just wrong.

I mean, it's not like there are multiple links to the real story of what happened in this very thread.

Come on, be curious!

You make a valid point there, but calling the poster out on their sexual preference is a bit much, don't you think?

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #90 on: October 23, 2017, 03:32:09 am »
You make a valid point there, but calling the poster out on their sexual preference is a bit much, don't you think?

If I thought so I wouldn't have said it.

Offline DemolitionMan

« Reply #91 on: October 23, 2017, 03:35:48 am »

Come on, be curious!

More than 80% of McDonald's restaurants worldwide are owned and operated by independent local business men and women.Corporate sets the tone, the rest is up to the owner.Gthawk is right.

http://corporate.mcdonalds.com/mcd/investors/company-overview/company-overview-segment-information.html
« Last Edit: October 23, 2017, 03:37:48 am by DemolitionMan »

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #92 on: October 23, 2017, 03:36:55 am »
More than 80% of McDonald's restaurants worldwide are owned and operated by independent local business men and women.Ghawk is right.

http://corporate.mcdonalds.com/mcd/investors/company-overview/company-overview-segment-information.html

I think something got lost in translation.

Offline DemolitionMan

« Reply #93 on: October 23, 2017, 03:38:30 am »

GtHawk was right.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2017, 03:39:36 am by DemolitionMan »

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #94 on: October 23, 2017, 03:39:04 am »

Google has an awesome English to Russian translator.

Offline DemolitionMan

« Reply #95 on: October 23, 2017, 03:41:02 am »
Google has an awesome English to Russian translator.

GtHawk was correct in his assesment. What ever the owner told him was correct.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2017, 03:42:48 am by DemolitionMan »

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #96 on: October 23, 2017, 03:43:30 am »
GtHawk was correct in his assesment.

No. GT is correct in the information he relayed about a conversation with a store owner. Roos is correct about the lawsuit. It is public information and a few keystrokes away from finding it on Google.

Offline DemolitionMan

« Reply #97 on: October 23, 2017, 03:44:39 am »
No. GT is correct in the information he relayed about a conversation with a store owner. Roos is correct about the lawsuit. It is public information and a few keystrokes away from finding it on Google.

GT was correct about his conversation. He was there, you were not.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2017, 03:45:21 am by DemolitionMan »

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #98 on: October 23, 2017, 03:45:31 am »

Thank you.  I didn't have the energy for that nonsense.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #99 on: October 23, 2017, 03:46:20 am »
GT was correct about his conversation. He was there, you were not.

Are you sure he was there? Were you there to witness him being there?